• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Gauge? Ohio St QB? He's raw. But he's a truck with a cannon too. Looked like Culpepper running over that Oregon DT.

Definitely a project. Who knows if he's coming out.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed with the QB's in this draft either. I just hope the Rams don't panic and are smart like they were last year. I would hate to reach on a quarterback in the first or second round. Honestly if I'm the Rams I'm looking hard at what's available in free agency at QB. B. hoyer maybe could push Sam and if Sam would go down again we would have a game manager. Build our Oline with this draft and worst case we can go all in next year at QB with all of out draft picks available.

Eli Manning seems the most playoff ready QB that maybe available. :agree:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watched college football this year. And I mean a lot of football, you would see some of the big time talent on that list. I don't know what you are looking FOR, but this class is way better than last year's class.

Who knows who is going to be a beast. But I will tell the FSU QB is a big time gamer and was 29-1 his last 2 years. We will see how things shake out. He might be the #1 pick since Marriota didn't tear it up vs. OSU.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Gauge? Ohio St QB? He's raw. But he's a truck with a cannon too. Looked like Culpepper running over that Oregon DT.

Definitely a project. Who knows if he's coming out.

I would take a chance on that beast in the 3rd if he comes out.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guy from NC name is Marquise Williams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said we passed on a lot of QBs last year? Well these guys have only been here for 3 years and have drafted really good so I don't see the point.

You stated it yourself. You don't get the point. When you figure it out, you let me know.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Retro, I disagree with this article too. If a value QB you want is not there at your pick and you believe a better player is there on the board, then why reach for a prospect QB that may or may not work out when you have a quality BPA on the board that you do like and is a good fit?

This article reeks of hindsight and still can't place a QB from the 2014 draft that we wouldn't of had to really reach on or trade down or up to get (And that doesn't always work out) that would of had us better off than we are today.

We had a plan with Sam and a contingency plan with Hill and Davis. As it turned out our contingency plan hit the front burner before we got out of the gate and our season was a bust early. If there were some better options available where we selected in the first few rounds it would make a difference but there weren't.

The one thing in this article that rubbed me the wrong way was Les saying he doesn't 'do hindsight'. If you can learn something from hindsight you should. I believe there is as much value in looking back to see the 'why' in passing on talent as there is in looking forward in your plan but maybe that is just me.

Exactly! I agree 100% this is what I was trying to say Retro. I'm glad I'm not the only one missing the point...

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to the point question is in the last paragraph of Vita's response. Think it through Cougar and you may get to my point.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree pretty much with Snead. Hindsight isn't going to change anything? Every GM could drive themselves crazy if they did that. Every draft is different and like he said you always have to be looking ahead not, oh man that guy turned out to be a good player. That's not going to help anything IMO. I saw the interview it wasn't a big deal how he said it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hindsight seems to be almost religion on this board lol

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed with the QB's in this draft either. I just hope the Rams don't panic and are smart like they were last year. I would hate to reach on a quarterback in the first or second round. Honestly if I'm the Rams I'm looking hard at what's available in free agency at QB. B. hoyer maybe could push Sam and if Sam would go down again we would have a game manager. Build our Oline with this draft and worst case we can go all in next year at QB with all of out draft picks available.

Ok there you go again! You say Hoyer maybe could push Sammie, but Davis sucks. In 13 games Hoyer threw 12 TD's, in 7 Davis threw 12. Over Hoyers last 5 starts he completed less than 50% of his passes, that's NOT GOOD! And he also lost 4 out of those 5. that's why he got benched in favor of Johnny who I don't think will ever be a good QB in this league.

On the year only completed 55% that's NOT GOOD in todays NFL, Davis completed 63% that IS GOOD in today's NFL.

Say what you want about Davis, but he played well, had a couple bad throws, overall he played well. He should have played out the year, and if he would have, maybe we aren't looking for a starter or a backup! But we will never know because Fisher is a Putz!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok there you go again! You say Hoyer maybe could push Sammie, but Davis sucks. In 13 games Hoyer threw 12 TD's, in 7 Davis threw 12. Over Hoyers last 5 starts he completed less than 50% of his passes, that's NOT GOOD! And he also lost 4 out of those 5. that's why he got benched in favor of Johnny who I don't think will ever be a good QB in this league.

On the year only completed 55% that's NOT GOOD in todays NFL, Davis completed 63% that IS GOOD in today's NFL.

Say what you want about Davis, but he played well, had a couple bad throws, overall he played well. He should have played out the year, and if he would have, maybe we aren't looking for a starter or a backup! But we will never know because Fisher is a Putz!

Well we can keep Davis too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope springs eternal!

Let's hope he rules ACL's now at the very least.

:nod: