• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the draft I was one of the few saying we need a QB now. Most were in love with the stud WR or one of the big offensive tackles. I was told now Ozark we can do that next year. Well now you may all line up to kiss my butt! :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Cougar, you have missed the point. The article has some merit because it exposes an organizational problem the Rams have had for along time.

You said we passed on a lot of QBs last year? Well these guys have only been here for 3 years and have drafted really good so I don't see the point.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the draft I was one of the few saying we need a QB now. Most were in love with the stud WR or one of the big offensive tackles. I was told now Ozark we can do that next year. Well now you may all line up to kiss my butt! :nod:

But what QB would you have taken? Brotels?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was another kid named Savage. That I liked.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well these guys have only been here for 3 years and have drafted really good
so I don't see the point.

ON defense yes. On offense? I would say ok. Giving up that much for a 5'8 170lb slot guy and punt returner was pretty stupid.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was the one that wanted Johnny football but also stated if not please take somebody.

But that's the thing Ozark their really was no QB to take where the rams were picking. Bridgewater may have been an option at 13 but Would've been a huge reach there. Too many solid picsk there including Donald. Sned & Fisher should be given credit they were smart enough not to pick Johnie Because a lot of people did want him. Think of us not having Donald on our team right now and Having Johnny. Yikes.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing Ozark their really was no QB to take where the rams were picking. Bridgewater may have been an option at 13 but Would've been a huge reach there. Too many solid picsk there including Donald. Sned & Fisher should be given credit they were smart enough not to pick Johnie Because a lot of people did want him
We could have got him or one of the others. We had a great draft over all. As much as I would like Bradford to be the guy. I wanted to address the problem sooner than later. Hindsight is of course 20/20.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the sort of short-sighted, purposeless, ridiculous thought processes that get us in the losing mentality we have rife with this club. Look how many QB's we passed up last year that were easily there for the taking. Granted, they may not be the best compared to what we selected but this article hints at our real problem. Laziness and stupidity. Snead doesn't do looking back. Hell, his son has more insight and purpose than he does. Apparently he doesn't do much else. I mean seriously, if you are not doing BPA, what the hell are you doing? This might be a reason our offense sucks. There appears to be little or no purpose for our approach to the draft except to improve the defense and apparently that is being directed by Fisher. Here's the link.

Rams' QB plan should've been last year's - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN
I don't know Retro, I disagree with this article too. If a value QB you want is not there at your pick and you believe a better player is there on the board, then why reach for a prospect QB that may or may not work out when you have a quality BPA on the board that you do like and is a good fit?

This article reeks of hindsight and still can't place a QB from the 2014 draft that we wouldn't of had to really reach on or trade down or up to get (And that doesn't always work out) that would of had us better off than we are today.

We had a plan with Sam and a contingency plan with Hill and Davis. As it turned out our contingency plan hit the front burner before we got out of the gate and our season was a bust early. If there were some better options available where we selected in the first few rounds it would make a difference but there weren't.

The one thing in this article that rubbed me the wrong way was Les saying he doesn't 'do hindsight'. If you can learn something from hindsight you should. I believe there is as much value in looking back to see the 'why' in passing on talent as there is in looking forward in your plan but maybe that is just me.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON defense yes. On offense? I would say ok. Giving up that much for a 5'8 170lb slot guy and punt returner was pretty stupid.

Well hopefully they will figure out how to use him more. but he certainly hasn't been a total bust. And of those punt returns don't get called back on penalties we might not be talking about that. You can see their thought process though the Rams desperately needed a spark on offense at the time. A Playmaker he certainly was . college

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Sammy Watkins and Zac Martin in the first. But I'm not upset with our first 1 round last year now that G Rob started to play. We have been building something, but we need a little luck on the O-line. Some of these guys we sign as FAs were not very good and really bad at times.

We need a QB. And this is the draft for it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Johnny can do it. He needs to shut up and learn the game.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have got him or one of the others. We had a great draft over all. As much as I would like Bradford to be the guy. I wanted to address the problem sooner than later. Hindsight is of course 20/20.

I see your point it would be nice to have Bridgewater but at the same time how can you blame them for not taking Donald. If you're picking best player available they made the right choice

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully they will figure out how to use him more. but he certainly
hasn't been a total bust. And of those punt returns don't get called back on
penalties we might not be talking about that. You can see their thought process
though the Rams desperately needed a spark on offense at the time. A Playmaker
he certainly was . college

Oh I can see what they HOPED for. But reality is a 5'8 170lb WR isn't going to smell the field on 1st down and he hasn't. And he won't until he gets closer to Steve Smith strong.

You don't give up picks to move up to get a slot guy/punt returner. I don't care if he ran back 5 punts for TDs. If you give up a 2nd rounder for a WR, make sure he's big enough and good enough to be on the field for 1st downs.

I believe the Steelers took RB Lavon Bell somewhere around where our 2nd rounder was 2 years ago.

As far as QB last year, there really wasn't one to grab. Unless you wanted to move up for Bridgewater maybe. This is the year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point it would be nice to have Bridgewater but at the same time how can you blame them for not taking Donald. If you're picking best player available they made the right choice

Depends. Wouldn't trade Donald for the world. On the other hand we may have had our future QB in the fold with game experience. Not taking a QB we don't know. I am not impressed with QBs in this new draft.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Sammy Watkins and Zac Martin in the first. But I'm not upset with our first 1 round last year now that G Rob started to play. We have been building something, but we need a little luck on the O-line. Some of these guys we sign as FAs were not very good and really bad at times.

We need a QB. And this is the draft for it.

I wanted Mack or Watkins but yeah thank god it looks like G. Rob will be ok. And looks like a great pick now seeing our O line is a mess now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed with QBs in this new draft.

Marriota
Winston
Hundley
Petty
Grayson
Mannion
Cato - sleeper

that's a lot better than last year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Bo Wallace had everything to be a NFL starter but he seems to have craped all over himself. Anybody know the NC QB he seems tough as nails. And this is the vent thread screw you guys. :lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Wouldn't trade Donald for the world. On the other hand we may have had our future QB in the fold with game experience. Not taking a QB we don't know. I am not impressed with QBs in this new draft.

I'm not impressed with the QB's in this draft either. I just hope the Rams don't panic and are smart like they were last year. I would hate to reach on a quarterback in the first or second round. Honestly if I'm the Rams I'm looking hard at what's available in free agency at QB. B. hoyer maybe could push Sam and if Sam would go down again we would have a game manager. Build our Oline with this draft and worst case we can go all in next year at QB with all of out draft picks available.