• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last game just proves to me, that Stafford isn’t going to take the Rams to the promised land.
Year one dude, Stat-ferd AKA the Turn Over Machine (I'm now calling him TOM) still has it all in front of him. Yesterday, the run defense in the second half was more break don't bend than the BBDB Defense we all have come to hate.. And the Ram's Run offense was horrifying! So even though I am officially dubbing Matt TOM in this post, with all due respect to Terrific Tom. I'm gonna say, TOM should have had the win yesterday, but the defense and offensive run game let him down.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB wasn’t the problem, even though McVay made it sound like it was.

The problem lies with him. Period. His play calling is the detriment to this team. He doesn’t adjust his game plan, sometimes the team isn’t even prepared to play, and even when the game plan is working, he can’t help but revert back to pass happy “genius” mode that usually ends up in loses.

And that’s not even taking into account his drafting ( Atwell over Humphrey when the last thing the Rams needed was another WR ).

And because of the QB trade that doesn’t really improve the team, the Rams have no way to get anyone in the draft that is going to be any help next season.
To this post, might I remind you...

7-9

Would have been 7-10 at best this year.

McFish's 7-9 seasons, were in the period when the NFC West was so bad, I dubbed the Hags, or the Whiners, the 79ers! (Can't remember, because I had to drink so much to forget those years)

Do you remember the year the Division was won with a 7-9 record?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Shit-Fer-Brains does run and use the Jumbo, his O-line effs-it-up so badly as to make everyone question why he is running the ball in the first place. Then he hires a DC that did not prepare his team on what San Fran does and they go out and get beat badly on two plays that gave the game to San Francisco.
As much as I've questioned this dude this year, are you really blaming Mc Vay for this loss?

He called a decent game, where the Rams held a 17 point lead, and nearly a shut out because the defense was fresh fo most of the first half.

In the second half, the Rams offense failed to execute.

I blame Morris nearly 100 % for this loss.

All season long, Morris' BBDB defense has been challenged.

Yesterday however, they broke on nearly every play in the 2nd half & especially OT.

This is why the BBDB Defense is shit. It NEVER pays dividends when the game is on the line.

Breaks a hellofa lot more than it bends when it counts!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about the defense and Morris (DSFBs), Vita, but I hold OSFBs accountable for this loss for three reasons he failed miserably and those failures cost us this football game.

The first reason is when we were ahead 17-0 in the first half and the game was approaching 3 minutes and change to go before halftime, we had the ball and failed to make a first down on the Niners 38-yard line. Is was a third down and a foot for a first for cryin' out loud. Instead of trotting out the Jumbo or running the football for a first down, OSFBs calls a shotgun pass with an empty backfield and thus telegraphing the play to be a pass. Stafford drops back and gets sacked. So we punt the ball and the Niners take over with plenty of time to at least get a FG which they did. Now it is 17-3 at the half.

Reason Number Two. OSFBs did nothing at the half to warn the team that the Niners had the momentum because very little or nothing changed on either defense or offense. The Niners got the ball first. They promptly went on a 12 play drive and scored the first touchdown of the second half. Now the score is 17-10. DSFBs did little to change things up and the defense failed. That ultimately lies at the feet of the HC but OSFBs doesn't see it that way.

Then he did little to stay with the run because the run with the Jumbo was so telegraphed that the Niners D stopped it nearly cold driving OSFBs to go back to pass, pass, pass which resulted in a punt and later, interceptions.. We punt and the Niners march down the field to score the second TD of the Third Quarter. The game is now tied, 17-17. we went on to score 0 points in the third quarter. 17 unanswered points.

Reason Number Three is two-fold. First, in the 4th Quarter during the go-ahead drive, OSFBs did little to slow the pace of that drive to eat-up the clock using the run. Secondly, when we did score, he left 2 minutes and change for the Niners to march down the field again which they did. Everyone was hoping we could hold the Niners to a FG but that didn't happen. Now the game is tied again. 24-24. In the ensuing possession, we did little to march down the field and score at least a FG. All we had to do was get to the Niners 35 yard line for a FG but the offense died on our 37 yard line and the clock ran out.

Then, in the OT, OSFBs didn't again take his time to get close enough for a score and he threw a deep pass that was ultimately intercepted when he didn't have to. In fact from a probability perspective, we had nearly a 100% chance of securing that game if OSFBs had not called that pass play.

So yea, I would def hold OSFBs accountable for this loss!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this post, might I remind you...

7-9

Would have been 7-10 at best this year.

McFish's 7-9 seasons, were in the period when the NFC West was so bad, I dubbed the Hags, or the Whiners, the 79ers! (Can't remember, because I had to drink so much to forget those years)

Do you remember the year the Division was win with a 7-9 record?
Vita

Yes, I remember the 7-9 BS show.

But does winning every year but never good enough to win it all really better? To be the Dan Marino Dolphins?

We as fans have been screaming for years for McSnead to address the OL ( which was once again a mess yesterday ), and what do they do? Draft a midget WR that was never needed on this team. They have had a revolving door at the C position for years. They had a chance to fix it once and for all and blew it.

Like I stated earlier, McVay is a great OC, but not a HC. Too much ego gets in the way and it backfires when it matters most- the playoffs and the draft.

And maybe a 7-9 BS is what is needed for McSnead to wake up and do something different. Because as long as they keep winning in the regular season, they have no reason to change their philosophy, game plans, drafting, etc.

They will continue to trade 1st round picks for yet another guy that is supposed to “fix” the problem and get the Rams over the hump. It’s a vicious cycle that will never end unless they have a wake-up call, a reality check.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they walk themselves into a corner with that vicious cycle when cap hell consistently returns and we have already traded our top draft round assets away for the so-called "saviors". Ya end up with a few stars and some decent other players and a whole lot of PS players who get beat badly on both sides of the ball. Sooner or later you run out of resources to continue the cycle they are all so fond of these days.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about the defense and Morris (DSFBs), Vita, but I hold OSFBs accountable for this loss for three reasons he failed miserably and those failures cost us this football game.

The first reason is when we were ahead 17-0 in the first half and the game was approaching 3 minutes and change to go before halftime, we had the ball and failed to make a first down on the Niners 38-yard line. Is was a third down and a foot for a first for cryin' out loud. Instead of trotting out the Jumbo or running the football for a first down, OSFBs calls a shotgun pass with an empty backfield and thus telegraphing the play to be a pass. Stafford drops back and gets sacked. So we punt the ball and the Niners take over with plenty of time to at least get a FG which they did. Now it is 17-3 at the half.

Reason Number Two. OSFBs did nothing at the half to warn the team that the Niners had the momentum because very little or nothing changed on either defense or offense. The Niners got the ball first. They promptly went on a 12 play drive and scored the first touchdown of the second half. Now the score is 17-10. DSFBs did little to change things up and the defense failed. That ultimately lies at the feet of the HC but OSFBs doesn't see it that way.

Then he did little to stay with the run because the run with the Jumbo was so telegraphed that the Niners D stopped it nearly cold driving OSFBs to go back to pass, pass, pass which resulted in a punt and later, interceptions.. We punt and the Niners march down the field to score the second TD of the Third Quarter. The game is now tied, 17-17. we went on to score 0 points in the third quarter. 17 unanswered points.

Reason Number Three is two-fold. First, in the 4th Quarter during the go-ahead drive, OSFBs did little to slow the pace of that drive to eat-up the clock using the run. Secondly, when we did score, he left 2 minutes and change for the Niners to march down the field again which they did. Everyone was hoping we could hold the Niners to a FG but that didn't happen. Now the game is tied again. 24-24. In the ensuing possession, we did little to march down the field and score at least a FG. All we had to do was get to the Niners 35 yard line for a FG but the offense died on our 37 yard line and the clock ran out.

Then, in the OT, OSFBs didn't again take his time to get close enough for a score and he threw a deep pass that was ultimately intercepted when he didn't have to. In fact from a probability perspective, we had nearly a 100% chance of securing that game if OSFBs had not called that pass play.

So yea, I would def hold OSFBs accountable for this loss!
Those three reasons don't account for the gaffs with the run defense in the second half!

Take a 17-3 lead into the half, your team should win. Those 3 miracle points at the end of a half shouldn't touch the eventual outcome. They still had a 2 TD lead.

Your second reason is assumptive, I would think this game meant more to the Rams HC than most, considering the circumstances. That 2nd half opening drive was the final dagger in Morris‘ Rams‘ career IMO.

Last, I didn't think the Rams scored too early, they held the 49ers to a 3 and out, but they couldn‘t get a first down to save their lifes. I was rooting for a pass play for a change and they went with runs on all three downs to punt the ball away for that final game tieing drive that shouldn't have never changed One first down was all that was needed and we ran the ball for about 3 yards needing 10

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those three reason don't account for the gaffs with the run defense in the second half!

Take a 17-3 lead into the half, your team should win. Those 3 miracle points at the end of a half shouldn't touch the eventual outcome. They still had a 2 TD lead.

Your second reason is assumptive, I would think this game meant more to the Rams HC than most, considering the circumstances. That 2nd half opening drive was the final dagger in Morris‘ Rams‘ career IMO.

Last, I didn't think the Rams scored too early, they held the 49ers to a 3 and out, but they couldn‘t get a first down to save their lies. I was rooting for a pass play for a change and they went with runs on all three downs to punt the ball away for that final game tieing drive that shouldn't have never changed One first down was all that was needed and we ran the ball for about 3 yards needing 10
That is part of the problem with McVay, Vita.

He calls a passing play when it should be a run ( like the 3rd and 1 before the half ), and he runs when he should pass.

The Niners knew the Rams were going to run it 3 times to try and run the clock down. Much like the 3rd and 1 when Stafford is in shotgun with no RB. When you know what is coming, it is easy to stop it.

And that’s the problem with McVay sometimes- he is too predictable. The Niners know McVay is not going to deviate from his game plan, they know what that game plan is, and that is why they have won 6 straight against McVay.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here Vita, read the same thing from another author. This article is on RamblinFan and he states the same thing I did and he holds OSFBs accountable for the game outcome. Don't know where you get the explanation that my three listed reasons have nothing to do with the run gaffes in the second half. WTH??

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here Vita, read the same thing from another author. This article is on RamblinFan and he states the same thing I did and he holds OSFBs accountable for the game outcome. Don't know where you get the explanation that my three listed reasons have nothing to do with the run gaffes in the second half. WTH??

There have been several writers stating “questionable game calls from McVay” in their articles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and if you want to know what a championship team looks and acts like watch THIS VIDEO!!!! Listen to the decisiveness of Vermeil who often stated: "We will do this, we will do that". There is no: "I need to get better, we all need to get better". None of it. This video is about a Champion and how it took three years with classic building and one unfortunate incident in a pre-season game that gave us a REAL CHAMPION!!!

JUST CLICK ON "WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE".

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and if you want to know what a championship team looks and acts like watch THIS VIDEO!!!! Listen to the decisiveness of Vermeil who often stated: "We will do this, we will do that". There is no: "I need to get better, we all need to get better". None of it. This video is about a Champion and how it took three years with classic building and one unfortunate incident in a pre-season game that gave us a REAL CHAMPION!!!

JUST CLICK ON "WATCH THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE".
It’s a lifetime of a difference between 99 and now. Back then they didn’t coddle players the way they do now. It almost feels like my daughter’s T-Ball team (when she was very young), where everyone got a participation trophy.
Players aren’t called out for playing poorly. And honestly, the game against the 9ers was lost not because the 9ers played that well, but because the Rams gave the game away.
They may make it past the Cardinals next Monday, but playing the way they are now, they will never beat Green Bay.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple RR, the Rams players failed to execute period. They couldn't run it when Sean called run plays, they couldn't pass it when Sean called pass plays. The Rams got beat in the trenches, like the article you posted points out, on both sides of the ball. It felt like the 9ers had 10 YPC rushing in the second half. Then when they had to pass it, they were beat deep allowing the 9ers to tie it up before the end of the 4th quarter.

Sure we both agree Sean made some questionable calls, nobody can argue that, but if the Rams could just make a tackle on first or second contact on a few more plays or hold a block on offense for a half second longer, the Rams win that game.

The players just failed to execute in the 2nd half too, too often, it was like the Rams were HS players vs NLF players, so for that reason alone I just can't agree with you that it was all on the HC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been several writers stating “questionable game calls from McVay” in their articles.
Sure, Sean was far from calling even a good game but it was nowhere near the terrible play calling he had in the 3 game skid.

For me the players just couldn't make a tackle the entire second half. And the TOM's picks were awful too. And the Oline couldn't pass block for the entire second half, and they couldn't run block for the entire game. It's hard to call a good game with all of those player failures on the field.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point with you Vita. Like ALR has already mentioned, OSFB failed three times in that game that directly cost us the game and it was aided by poor execution of the players as well. If OSFB calls a Jumbo line-up on that 3rd and a foot and runs or just has Stafford sneak it, the Rams keep the ball and run out the clock in the first half and they go into halftime up 17-0.

Then in the second half, if OSFBs scores just one FG in the third Quarter, we win that game no matter what the Niners did in the context of what they did do. We tackle that huge run by Deebo Samuels in the waning minutes of regulation or we sack Garappalo, that game is over.

But none of this happened so we have to move forward to this Monday Night to see if the Rams want to do anything in this post-season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point with you Vita. Like ALR has already mentioned, OSFB failed three times in that game that directly cost us the game and it was aided by poor execution of the players as well. If OSFB calls a Jumbo line-up on that 3rd and a foot and runs or just has Stafford sneak it, the Rams keep the ball and run out the clock in the first half and they go into halftime up 17-0.

Then in the second half, if OSFBs scores just one FG in the third Quarter, we win that game no matter what the Niners did in the context of what they did do. We tackle that huge run by Deebo Samuels in the waning minutes of regulation or we sack Garappalo, that game is over.

But none of this happened so we have to move forward to this Monday Night to see if the Rams want to do anything in this post-season.
Physical teams are a tough match up for the Rams, and the Rams got manhandled from the HC & Coaching teams; To the Front Office; To the Field.

I believe the Rams suffering a little humility going into the post season isn't an actual bad thing. Except for the fact that it was had at the hands of the Filty Whiners!!

Onward we goes!

:suds:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physical teams are a tough match up for the Rams, and the Rams got manhandled from the HC; To the Front Office; To the Field.

I believe the Rams suffering a little humility going into the post season isn't an actual bad thing. Except for the fact that it was had at the hands of the Filty Whiners!!

Onward we goes!

:suds:
Except that when they’ve been humiliated and humbled in previous years under McVay it never takes, so I doubt it’ll be any different now.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB wasn’t the problem, even though McVay made it sound like it was.

The problem lies with him. Period. His play calling is the detriment to this team. He doesn’t adjust his game plan, sometimes the team isn’t even prepared to play, and even when the game plan is working, he can’t help but revert back to pass happy “genius” mode that usually ends up in loses.

And that’s not even taking into account his drafting ( Atwell over Humphrey when the last thing the Rams needed was another WR ).

And because of the QB trade that doesn’t really improve the team, the Rams have no way to get anyone in the draft that is going to be any help next season.
All firable offenses in my book but the limp dick owner won't do shit. A real HC is needed and this dufus just needs to just be put on a short leash to call plays as an OC and nothing more.