• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougars putting this out there right now. The Eagles won't draft a QB in the first RD! They can draft all the quarterbacks they want. Doesn't mean they're going to beat out Sam.

What aren't you getting, they aren't drafting a QB to compete or beat out Sammie. They will draft a QB so that he might be ready next year when Sammie is done!!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol prove if he hit the open market no one would have signed him. Way better chance that happens then no one signing him. Hell there are rumors that teams want Foles? You don't think Sam would have had offers?? Please.

Very, very questionable, I don't think anyone would have overpaid for him like the Eagles did!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll clue you in. Football is a TEAM sport. Please show me a team Sam has been on thats any where as close to the teams above you listed. Flacco wasn't anything special last year btw.

Again, you don't get it, Sammie is part of the problem for his teams losing, it is a team sport, isn't that what you said? Even though his teams have sucked and they haven't EVER had a winning record, there are plenty of QBs on bad teams (just as bad as Sammies) that have at least put up some good stats that have given their team a chance to win!

I'll repeat it again since it's not sinking in with you:
Bottom line is his stats prove that he isn't that good, his record proves he isn't that good. I'm tired of hearing aBout how horrible his oline, WR's and etc etc are. What does Blake Bortles have? One of the most sacked guys, put up numbers this year that Bradford has never come close to. What does Tannehill have, regularly leads the league in getting sacked, he's also had better years than Sammie has ever had! Who was Newton throwing to this year, some cast off retreads! Carr put up better numbers than Sammie ever has, with a young team, T. Taylor came out of nowhere this year, better numbers than Bradford. Bridgewater, better numbers, who's he throwing to? Two rookies this year played better than Sammie ever has!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know the only reason he is making more than a lot of QB's is because there are a lot of QB's who's contracts are coming to an end,and I'm sure mist if their contracts were front end loaded, so their average is still more than Sammies.. Come on Tannehill is making more than some of the elite QB's it's only because they signed lesser or front end loaded contracts years ago, but it will all get out of control and Sammie will be in the bottom half where he belongs.
So, Coug "technically" might be right, but that's not even remotely what Coug meant!
Aren't you the one saying 'stop with the excuses'?
Stop with the excuses
Yep, that's you! :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the heck started all of this slammin Sammy BS?? ...............I'll bet Cougie Wougie had something to do with it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the one saying 'stop with the excuses'?

Yep, that's you! :lol:

Well actually those aren't excuses, those are facts! When Coug constantly brings up bad oline, bad receivers, bad coaching, that's all they are is excuses, especially when other QB's on bad teams seem to still put up better numbers than him, they may not win just like he doesn't, but they actually give their team a chance at possibly winning!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how feverish the discussion gets with all of you guys throwing massive amounts of stats at the Cougie (most of which are completely true) you have yet to dent nary a hair's breath Coug's man love for the Sammie! LOL!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how feverish the discussion gets with all of you guys throwing massive amounts of stats at the Cougie (most of which are completely true) you have yet to dent nary a hair's breath Coug's man love for the Sammie! LOL!

All kidding aside, I think the majority here are simply tired of the excuses and agree that SB hurt this team more than he helped. His high salary, plus mega injuries are just plain proof of that he is just a cancer to any team! But no one wants to talk about that? He is nothing but an over paid part time player!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside, I think the majority here are simply tired of the excuses and agree that SB hurt this team more than he helped. His high salary, plus mega injuries are just plain proof of that he is just a cancer to any team! But no one wants to talk about that? He is nothing but an over paid part time player!

Have the Rams won more games without him? Where is this great improvement for the Rams without Sam contract? You arnt going to the playoffs with Case Keenum. Sam has the skill if he has the right pieces around him to get you there. That is why Teams will keep paying him. The sad thing is the Rams now have enough of those pieces in place but now they don't have a QB to take them there.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually those aren't excuses, those are facts! When Coug constantly brings up bad oline, bad receivers, bad coaching, that's all they are is excuses, especially when other QB's on bad teams seem to still put up better numbers than him, they may not win just like he doesn't, but they actually give their team a chance at possibly winning!

How are they excuse when you can look at stats and see they lead the leauge in drops or they had 2 of the worst guards in the leauge? The Defense was not good at all? They are way more FACT then the crap you come up with like oh no way Sammy would have got paid on the open market lol. When you have been wrong with every prediction about Sam to date

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you don't get it, Sammie is part of the problem for his teams losing, it is a team sport, isn't that what you said? Even though his teams have sucked and they haven't EVER had a winning record, there are plenty of QBs on bad teams (just as bad as Sammies) that have at least put up some good stats that have given their team a chance to win!

I'll repeat it again since it's not sinking in with you:
Bottom line is his stats prove that he isn't that good, his record proves he isn't that good. I'm tired of hearing aBout how horrible his oline, WR's and etc etc are. What does Blake Bortles have? One of the most sacked guys, put up numbers this year that Bradford has never come close to. What does Tannehill have, regularly leads the league in getting sacked, he's also had better years than Sammie has ever had! Who was Newton throwing to this year, some cast off retreads! Carr put up better numbers than Sammie ever has, with a young team, T. Taylor came out of nowhere this year, better numbers than Bradford. Bridgewater, better numbers, who's he throwing to? Two rookies this year played better than Sammie ever has!

Let's see all of those guys you listed didn't make the playoffs except for Cam? Cam had a #2 defense that put them in great field position and gave them the ball how many times? You don't think that matters? Not to mention he has a Elite TE and some decent WR's. Oh and Sam had a pretty good Rookie year himself and his team had no where near the tslent as any of the above you listed.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What aren't you getting, they aren't drafting a QB to compete or beat out Sammie. They will draft a QB so that he might be ready next year when Sammie is done!!!!

Lol good luck drafting a QB late and he comes in and beats out Sam. Are you serious? No one in this draft can do that.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious almost any player no matter how bad he is is going to have some value. Just because their are a small handful of teams out there that don't know how to put a team together and are willing to overpay for average players doesn't prove squat, it just proves that they don't know what they are doing.
If you actually read most articles, or listen to any or all of the sports shows, the majority of teams realize his true value, and it's not much.
You keep saying you were right, well you also said Sammie would be great QB, and that EVERY team wanted him or would take him! You say that there are lots of teams that would have taken him thus year, that simply is nit true! You keep asking why is he a starter than? The Rams had so much invested in him and stuck with him "hoping" that he would be better than he was, and they got burnt for it. Luckily the Rams found another team as dumb as they were, and Philly will eventually find out that it will burn them. As was mentioned earlier, Philly would have been better off spending that money elsewhere and plugging a young guy in at
QB, for their future, cuz Sammie ain't it!

Ahh classic Smed here. Right it's the other NFL teams that keep paying him that don't know what they are doing... Not you. Consider this.. Just maybe their is no better option out there.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, so that's the excuse now, huh? It's not just Brady...How does Russell Wilson lead his team to the Playoffs every year? How does Aaron Rodgers do it? How does Roethlesberger(sp?) do it? How does Flacco do it? How does Luck do it? How does Cam do it? How does Palmer do it? I can keep going here(but that's already 25% of the leagues starters)...

Seriously? you can't see those guys are on way better TEAMS then Sam has as ever been on? I get what your saying but you have to have SOME help! no QB can do it alone. Look how Rogers struggled last year when he lost his #1 WR for the year. He looked "normal" didn't play good. Flacco the same thing he isn't crap without a great D and Weapons. See last year. Wilson? Always has had a killer defense and a stud RB. Luck was terible last year he had no help. Sam has had Danny Amendola pretty much it lol. I get how you guys think I'm making excuses for him but if you look at it realistically he really has never Been on a decent team. I think the Eagles are getting close with a good draft they should be ok. I will say Sam needs to get into the playoffs this year.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree with the bold and thought you were well on your way to me tagging your quoted post with the 'Winner' rating but after the bold, the bitterness steps in and takes over and I couldn't bring myself to even hit your post with a 'Like'.

For me, SB's career has been plagued with 'reasons' for failure ('Reasons' are code for 'excuses' or vise versa depending on which side of the fence you sit) And the continuity 'reason' again plagues this man's career yet again in Philly as they bring in new leadership.

As I stated a couple of pages ago, it was his durability that became the tipping point for me personally. I thought he looked good in his last 4 regular season starts in Horns up to the Carolina game when he suffered his first ACL, and then again in the preseason prior to his second ACL, but with that second injury I was done. We simply needed a starting QB who could stay on the field and justify his salary towards the cap, whatever that may be. I'm okay with paying a guy, but he needs to be a good fit, and he needs to be available. Those two are exclusive to one another and SB's failure was, not only no longer a fit, but a HUGE detriment!

Now I have some sentimental associations for wanting SB to do well. (And it's not bouncy, so don't go there) Smed can attest to this association better than any here, and can confirm it's a matter of the heart & soul, but even that could not dissuade a continuance of support!

Zeke, I do believe your last sentence could be close to the reality in the end, but not yet. I mean that could end up being SB's story in a nutshell when it is all said and done. And to this point, I'll give you this much, it's pretty dead on. With that however, there is still the rest of the story, and it's yet to be told. Unlike most of you I wish him no ill will, but like most of you, I will always root against him in any scenario where the Horns are pitted against him.

My hope, as a group of fans we can move past this endless diatribe because first it's not healthy, and second, it really is in the past for us fans, we should move on. (You too Coug! Especially you!)

So hopefully, we move on.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? you can't see those guys are on way better TEAMS then Sam has as ever been on? I get what your saying but you have to have SOME help! no QB can do it alone. Look how Rogers struggled last year when he lost his #1 WR for the year. He looked "normal" didn't play good. Flacco the same thing he isn't crap without a great D and Weapons. See last year. Wilson? Always has had a killer defense and a stud RB. Luck was terible last year he had no help. Sam has had Danny Amendola pretty much it lol. I get how you guys think I'm making excuses for him but if you look at it realistically he really has never Been on a decent team. I think the Eagles are getting close with a good draft they should be ok. I will say Sam needs to get into the playoffs this year.

Really? All of those guy are on much better teams evey single year they make the playoffs? Bullshit. A great QB makes their TEAM better and leads them to wins. How many times did Bradford have the ball in the 4th quarter with a chance to put his team on top(Eagles and Rams)but did NOTHING once he got in there. I can remember LOTS of them...How many times did he play awful the first 3 quarters then all the sudden plays well in the 4th when the game is out of reach so his stats look better? I remember lots of those times too..

BTW, thank you for making my point even STRONGER about Rodgers. Yes he lost his #1 reciever(which for Sam would be the end of the world)but he still put the team on his back and found ways to WIN and get them to the Playoffs. Were the Lions such a great TEAM this year? No, they were AWFUL, but Stafford still led them to wins and into the playoffs. Yes he had Johnson, but what else? NOTHING...Bradford had 2 pro bowl running backs behind him. Not one, TWO!!! BTW, RB's can be used as Recievers too. Also, last I checked, the Eagles have a pretty damn good TE to throw to as well...Lets also add in, the NFC East was a crap division this year, it was ripe for the taking. All Bradford had to do was step up, lead and play good ball, he didn't...

As for Luck, he was drafted to a team with 2 wins and brought them to the playoffs in year one, two and three. This past year he was hurt most of the year. From 2 wins to 11 wins in his rookie year. When has Bradford once led a team to a winning record like that?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they excuse when you can look at stats and see they lead the leauge in drops or they had 2 of the worst guards in the leauge? The Defense was not good at all? They are way more FACT then the crap you come up with like oh no way Sammy would have got paid on the open market lol. When you have been wrong with every prediction about Sam to date

You just fail to acknowledge that other QBs have put up better stats than Sammie with as bad if not worse teams around them. You fail to acknowledge that the Philly receivers also were at the top in yards after catch, which inflates Sammies numbers, you also fail to acknowledge that Sammie didnt produce early in games, so of course late in games with his team down, he got a ton of garbage time stats.you fail to recognize that other teams also are up there in dropped passes, big flipping deal that Philly led the league, it's not like they had 100 more drops then the average team did. Again quit with the lame ass excuse about his olines, the average oline in the league is not good, and Sammie on average is no where near the league leader in getting sacked

Bottom line is the Rams have played exactly the same without Sammie as they did with him, with supposedly lesser QB's than the
mighty Sam Bradford. So, that doesn't say much for Bradford, does it?

So get off your proclamation that you were right about Sammie all along, most on here are more right about him then you are, most of us have seen him do nothing, most of us predicted he wouldn't get it done in Philly either. You have stuck by that claim that he us a franchise QB, wrong, far from it! You said if he was healthy he would put up the numbers, wrong, he hasn't, you said EVERY team in the league wanted him, wrong, they don't. You said he would be the most sought after FA QB this year, wrong, Philly really had the only interest in him.
So climb down off of Sammie, come back to reallity, your so called predictions are far from correct? Ya you said he would get big money, I'll concede there, but who other then you would have guessed that ONE crazy team would overpay for him. Ask any rational person and they would say they overpaid, you can deny it all you want, but I'm sure the majority of NFL teams also thought they overpaid! Philly outbid themselves!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree with the bold and thought you were well on your way to me tagging your quoted post with the 'Winner' rating but after the bold, the bitterness steps in and takes over and I couldn't bring myself to even hit your post with a 'Like'.

For me, SB's career has been plagued with 'reasons' for failure ('Reasons' are code for 'excuses' or vise versa depending on which side of the fence you sit) And the continuity 'reason' again plagues this man's career yet again in Philly as they bring in new

leadership.

As I stated a couple of pages ago, it was his durability that became the tipping point for me personally. I thought he looked good in his last 4 regular season starts in Horns up to the Carolina game when he suffered his first ACL, and then again in the preseason prior to his second ACL, but with that second injury I was done. We simply needed a starting QB who could stay on the field and justify his salary towards the cap, whatever that may be. I'm okay with paying a guy, but he needs to be a good fit, and he needs

to be available. Those two are exclusive to one another and SB's failure was, not only no longer a fit, but a HUGE detriment!

Now I have some sentimental associations for wanting SB to do well. (And it's not bouncy, so don't go there) Smed can attest to this association better than any here, and can confirm it's a matter of the heart & soul, but even that could not dissuade a continuance of support!

Zeke, I do believe your last sentence could be close to the reality in the end, but not yet. I mean that could end up being SB's story in a nutshell when it is all said and done. And to this point, I'll give you this much, it's pretty dead on. With that however, there is still the rest of the story, and it's yet to be told. Unlike most of you I wish him no ill will, but like most of you, I will always root against him in any scenario where the Horns are pitted against him.
My hope, as a group of fans we can move past this endless diatribe because first it's not healthy, and second, it really is in the past for us fans, we should move on. (You too Coug! Especially you!)

So hopefully, we move on.

Vita, I agree, I don't think Sammie is a cancer, I would never use the term for anyone. I do think he set our team back years though with his injuries, his poor play, and his failure to restructure his contract, when the Rams "gave" him a butt load of money and stood behind his "supposed" potential.
You always said you were on the fence with the Sammie issue. I really believe that you are, but if you were to fall off that fence I think I know which side you would land on, you lean slighty toward the Sammie side? But I don't rip into you because I know why and I respect that, but sorry I just can't let it slide when Coug constantly puts up mind blowing ridiculous comments about him, sorry but Sammie is no where near as good as Coug "thinks" he is! Problem is if Sammie was a Franchise, HoF QB, Coug would still think he was even better than that! The guy is way overboard with his love for the guy, I'm 60 and I have never seen anything like it. Sorry but I don't even see Justin Beibers Beliebers have this kind of love for a guy!
I wasn't a Sammie "hater" I wanted to see him do well for us, obviously everyone did. But when you don't see any results or see that he just isn't what everyone thought he was or would be, then it's time to realize he isn't the answer, and he never would be a franchise type QB. I only truly started disliking him the more Coug built him up to be a top 5 QB, or even top 10 QB, he hasn't proven to be any more than average, as I said there are a lot of QBs with just as little of talent around them that Bradford has, yet they seem to put up better numbers, that's why I get tired of the lame ass excuse about poor Sammie has bad WR's, a bad oline, blah blah blah. Excuses are excuses and that's all, good QB's don't need to use those type of excuses, they go out and produce and if it's not good enough, then it's not because of them?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Coug can say whatever he wants about Bradford that's of course his right, but if he would just quit mentioning him in every post, this would go away. as I said I had him on ignore for a month, so i couldnt see his posts, but still saw that others were responding to his posts! So it wasn't just me, I think everyone can agree that we are tired of listening to all the Sam is great crap!
Coug, I'm sure you won't, but if you want to continue with the Sam love, you should do it on the Eagles page, maybe, just maybe you will find someone that agrees with you over there?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh classic Smed here. Right it's the other NFL teams that keep paying him that don't know what they are doing... Not you. Consider this.. Just maybe their is no better option out there.

Teams? Really, try one team, and how did that work out for them?