• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your long list of 4 QB's here is the exception, 3 of them are good although there are some that are getting tired of Stafford who has had some pretty damn good weapons, but I'd take him!. Newton has shown flashes, his career is yet to be determined, again I would take him. luck is Luck and I would take him in a heartbeat. I dont think Sammie is as good as any of those guys.

Now back to youre question, if you are going to throw the :bullshit: flag maybe you should look into it yourself before you do!

As far as the 30 QB' s drafted number 1 overall, I would consider 12 of them good to great, and that includes Newton who doesn't have a full resume yet! Of the Twenty that were drafted since the Super Bowl era, 6 have taken their teams to the Super Bowl, Bradshaw, Plunkett, Aikman, Elway, both Mannings, now those 6 QB's are HOF types that don't come along to often.

As far as the 30 Heisman QB's I would consider 4 of them Good to great QB's, im not including Manzeil, Winston, and Marriota, they may pan out, but I doubt all or any of them will. Only 2 out of those 30 have taken their teams to the Supper Bowl. Of the 21 that won the Heisman in the Super Bowl era only 1 of them, Plunkett has taken their team to the Super Bowl. I will add Staubach in their even though he won his Heisman in the early 60's sometime, then did his military service stint.

Now I could list all of these names here but I'm not going to, I have an IPad so I can't cut and paste and do alot of other things that most of you in here can.

If you want to be " sarcastic" and call :bullshit: have at it man, it's all there for you to read. All you have to do is type in number 1 draft picks, then if you want type in Heisman trophy QB's, it's all there.

I'm sure you will come back and tell me how great QB's like Vick, Bledsoe, George, and Smith and maybe some others are, they are ok QB's but they certainly aren't good!
Facts should have easy inks to copy and paste from your IPad.

No excuses, just the link to the 'proven fact' please.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the elite make it to the supper bowl.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Kilmer played in the supper bowl pretty sure.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts should have easy inks to copy and paste from your IPad.

No excuses, just the link to the 'proven fact' please.

Well I'm not very techie, sorry! But if you want to play the :bullshit: card and call me a liar, have at it. I gave you where to look, if you chose not too, then continue to live in the dark and base your opinions on "I think"

Why would I just throw that out there, when it could be easily "proven" wrong by some? Ya, that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your long list of 4 QB's here is the exception, 3 of them are good although there are some that are getting tired of Stafford who has had some pretty damn good weapons, but I'd take him!. Newton has shown flashes, his career is yet to be determined, again I would take him. luck is Luck and I would take him in a heartbeat. I dont think Sammie is as good as any of those guys.

Now back to youre question, if you are going to throw the :bullshit: flag maybe you should look into it yourself before you do!

As far as the 30 QB' s drafted number 1 overall, I would consider 12 of them good to great, and that includes Newton who doesn't have a full resume yet! Of the Twenty that were drafted since the Super Bowl era, 6 have taken their teams to the Super Bowl, Bradshaw, Plunkett, Aikman, Elway, both Mannings, now those 6 QB's are HOF types that don't come along to often.

As far as the 30 Heisman QB's I would consider 4 of them Good to great QB's, im not including Manzeil, Winston, and Marriota, they may pan out, but I doubt all or any of them will. Only 2 out of those 30 have taken their teams to the Supper Bowl. Of the 21 that won the Heisman in the Super Bowl era only 1 of them, Plunkett has taken their team to the Super Bowl. I will add Staubach in their even though he won his Heisman in the early 60's sometime, then did his military service stint.

Now I could list all of these names here but I'm not going to, I have an IPad so I can't cut and paste and do alot of other things that most of you in here can.

If you want to be " sarcastic" and call :bullshit: have at it man, it's all there for you to read. All you have to do is type in number 1 draft picks, then if you want type in Heisman trophy QB's, it's all there.

I'm sure you will come back and tell me how great QB's like Vick, Bledsoe, George, and Smith and maybe some others are, they are ok QB's but they certainly aren't good!
Well here is the long list that starts after the list I've already provided dating back to 1965. If you want to go back further to prove your point, be my guest. I see a few busts taken with the first pick overall but nothing to substantiate your claim of picking teams with the first pick doesn't work out for teams as much as they fail.

• 2007 QB - J. Russell Bust (Supplemental Draft, I believe)
  • 2005 QB - A. Smith PB; NFC Champ; STILL BALLING!
  • 2004 QB - E. Manning 2x PB; 2x SB Champ; 2x SB MVP; STILL BALLING!
  • 2003 QB - C. Palmer 2x PB ; STILL BALLING!
  • 2002 QB - D. Carr Bust
  • 2001 QB - M. Vick 4x PB Career really ended with Prison.
  • 1999 QB - T. Couch Bust
  • 1998 QB - P. Manning 14x PB; SB Champ; SB MVP; Future HOF; STILL BALLING!
  • 1993 QB - D. Bledsoe 4 PB; SB Champ
  • 1990 QB - J. George 27K+ Career passing yds; 80+ Career QBR
  • 1989 QB - T. Aikman 6 PB; 3x SB Champ; SB MVP; HOF
  • 1987 QB - V. Testaverde 2x PB; 20 year career
  • 1983 QB - J. Elway 10x PB; 2x SB Champ; SB MVP; HOF
  • 1975 QB - S. Bartkowski 2x PB
  • 1971 QB - J. Plunket 2x SB Champ
  • 1970 QB - T. Bradshaw 3x PB; 4x SB Champ; 2x SB MVP; HOF
  • 1965 QB - J. Nameth 4x AS: PB; SB Champ; HOF
Balls in your court.

Oh and how about that link on your 'fact'? :L

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the elite make it to the supper bowl.

I'm pretty sure no one said that that was the case! There are alot of average QB's that have been on Super Bowl teams. The issue here is supposedly you "have" to take the number 1 QB prospect, or the guy that had a huge college season,or was the best QB in college. My point is that is not true, number 1 QB's or Heisman QB's don't necessarily guarantee you any NFL success! And if some people want to make dumb statements that that is not true, then I guess they must be right because they said so!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not very techie, sorry! But if you want to play the :bullshit: card and call me a liar, have at it. I gave you where to look, if you chose not too, then continue to live in the dark and base your opinions on "I think"

Why would I just throw that out there, when it could be easily "proven" wrong by some? Ya, that makes sense.
In before the damage control begins.... :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 of 17 first round QB picks in 48 years from 1965 to 2007 playing in the Super Bowl!

So over .500 out of 17 QB's from selected No. 1 overall in a 48 year period have played in the Super Bowl to give their team a chance to win it all. This does not collaborate your claim or 'fact' that 'most' QB's drafted No. 1 overall fail. ~ FACT!

As a matter of fact the list I provided predates the Super Bowl by 2 years!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is the long list that starts after the list I've already provided dating back to 1965. If you want to go back further to prove your point, be my guest. I see a few busts taken with the first pick overall but nothing to substantiate your claim of picking teams with the first pick doesn't work out for teams as much as they fail.

• 2007 QB - J. Russell Bust (Supplemental Draft, I believe)
  • 2005 QB - A. Smith PB; NFC Champ; STILL BALLING!
  • 2004 QB - E. Manning 2x PB; 2x SB Champ; 2x SB MVP; STILL BALLING!
  • 2003 QB - C. Palmer 2x PB ; STILL BALLING!
  • 2002 QB - D. Carr Bust
  • 2001 QB - M. Vick 4x PB Career really ended with Prison.
  • 1999 QB - T. Couch Bust
  • 1998 QB - P. Manning 14x PB; SB Champ; SB MVP; Future HOF; STILL BALLING![/

[*]1993 QB - D. Bledsoe 4 PB; SB Champ
    [*]1990 QB - J. George 27K+ Career passing yds; 80+ Career QBR
    [*]1989 QB - T. Aikman 6 PB; 3x SB Champ; SB MVP; HOF
    [*]1987 QB - V. Testaverde 2x PB; 20 year career
    [*]1983 QB - J. Elway 10x PB; 2x SB Champ; SB MVP; HOF[/B
    [*]1975 QB - S. Bartkowski 2x PB
    [*]1971 QB - J. Plunket 2x SB Champ
    [*]1970 QB - T. Bradshaw 3x PB; 4x SB Champ; 2x SB MVP; HOF
    [*]1965 QB - J. Nameth 4x AS: PB; SB Champ; HOF

Balls in your court.

Oh and how about that link on your 'fact'? :L

Yep, I already called it, Vick, Bartkowski, George, Smith. Those aren't good QB's they each had some good years, overall none of them were that good, of those four, Smith has done a nice job, but he's not good by any means!

I will give you Bledsoe, forgot he played in Super Bowl, thought his only one was as back up, my bad there. pretty good career, nothing great.

Testaverde, really?his legacy is that he stuck around for 21 years, overall he was not good!

Namath was not drafted number 1 overall, and it's a joke that he is in the HOF ahead of a lot of guys that aren't! Seriously, do you believe he belongs?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I already called it, Vick, Bartkowski, George, Smith. Those aren't good QB's they each had some good years, overall none of them were that good, of those four, Smith has done a nice job, but he's not good by any means!

I will give you Bledsoe, forgot he played in Super Bowl, thought his only one was as back up, my bad there. pretty good career, nothing great.

Testaverde, really?his legacy is that he stuck around for 21 years, overall he was not good!

Namath was not drafted number 1 overall, and it's a joke that he is in the HOF ahead of a lot of guys that aren't! Seriously, do you believe he belongs?
Damage control.

Come on Man!

201305141001_1368543709.523566.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said earlier, my list predated the contraction of the AFL and NFL so yes Joe was the No 1 overall in the AFL.

Sorry you don't like the 'facts' but they are what they are....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I would have preferred to leave Broadway Joe off the list.

Thought I was being fair.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, my list predated the contraction of the AFL and NFL so yes Joe was the No 1 overall in the AFL.

Sorry you don't like the 'facts' but they are what they are....

How convention to make your argument to go back a couple years earlier to add Namath who was picked 12 in the NFL, but conveniently for your argument number one in the AFL

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically 8 out of the past 17 number one picks since Stafford have gone to the Super Bowl, what the hell, why not throw Sammie in the mix, he's been in the league for 5 years, so I guess that would be 8 of the last 18,

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is Vita, too many people on here think that just because you are the number one QB in college it means you will be good in the NFL, some people think that if you win the Heisman that it means something other than you were the best QB in college that year, doesn't mean they have what it takes to play in the NFL

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How convention to make your argument to go back a couple years earlier to add Namath who was picked 12 in the NFL, but conveniently for your argument number one in the AFL
See my post listed below, prior to yours....

Actually, I would have preferred to leave Broadway Joe off the list.

Thought I was being fair.

Broadway Joe IMO actually helps your positions but I included him.

Forgive me for my faux pas!

:pound:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is Vita, too many people on here think that just because you are the number one QB in college it means you will be good in the NFL, some people think that if you win the Heisman that it means something other than you were the best QB in college that year, doesn't mean they have what it takes to play in the NFL
This has nothing to do with the the 'facts' you contend.

Still waiting on 'your facts' link.

Remember, you said they were facts, I expect you should be able to provide a link rather than an excuse.

Any luck with that yet?

I certainly provided you with a list that countered your contentions of fact.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before the second round of excuses begin.

:lol:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of only a hand full of players that changed the game. That's why he is in the Hall. Not because of stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post listed below, prior to yours....

Broadway Joe IMO actually helps your positions but I included him.

Forgive me for my faux pas!

:pound:

I'll give you that Vita, there are some GREAT QB's that have been drafted #1 overall I won't deny that! But what we are seeing in today's game is quite a few QB's that didn't go #1 and they will be HOF QB's in the end, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Warner, possibly Brees, and a few others I'm not thinking of.

If you want to be real, do you think Bradshaw and Plunkett are anything in today's game? Im just curious. I liked Brdshaw, but he had a hell of a defense, running game, and Swann and Stalworth weren't to shabby. Both he and Plunkett could throw the bomb, but overall they really weren't that great as QB's, do you think?

But the bottom line is, they were winners! I think they fit their teams, but it wasn't necessarily them that got them to the Super Bowl?