• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just chill out my brother.

No one has called you an ass.

Sorry for trying to be friend and noticing a bit of a difference in your posting style.

I'll bite my lip next time bro.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concede:yahoo: see, I can be swayed! But I also think that Namath just happened to be the one that came along at the right time, it was still a relatively new league and something had to be done to avoid a bidding war on players every year!

In thinking back 50% completion wasn't bad back then, I think they threw the deep ball a lot more, and the AFL was more of a passing league, with Namath, Hadl, and the mad bomber Lamonica!

Hey I'm trying to meet you guys in the middle

I understand the knocks on Namath. And his cocky swagger I am sure turned some off. Using just Xs and 0s he doesn't rate. I have had many arguments younger fellows because all they see is the stats. But as we know stats don't tell the whole story. Namath is the personification of, you had to be there. He was a phenomenon a force. And it doesn't help that he has become a bit of a geriatric masher. You don't have to be swayed but meeting half way is nice. :suds:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just chill out my brother.

No one has called you an ass.

Sorry for trying to be friend and noticing a bit of a difference in your posting style.

I'll bite my lip next time bro.

Sorry to also come across that way, but this Sammie thing is driving me nuts, it shouldn't, because it is what it is, and I absolutely hate that saying!

Like I said I didnt use to dislike him so much, until I continued to read about all his talent that I haven't seen (yet) ya it may still show up, and the constant excuses for him!

And most of this happened and snowballed just because I wanted to see what Davis had to offer, and an 8 game audition doesn't cut it for me!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was an eagle scout and started a foundation for crippled children. In his spare time he randomly buys houses for the elderly.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, you just aren't getting it! Let's take the whole 2010 season out of this equation for a minute.

We are talking about this year and this year only, this year it would be a much saver pick to take Marriota over Williams, because if he doesn't work out it won't cost them that much! Williams is the safer pick between the two because the odds are he will work out, not necessarily, but QB's are more of a iffy pick!

Now back in 2010, even though they would make about the same money, Suh would have still been the safer pick, you have a four year resume on him and you absolutely knew what he could do, as far as Bradford you knew what he did two years ago, but what have you done the past two years, oh that's right rehab, do we really know what we are getting with that kind of pick, ya we are "hoping" we are getting the Bradford from two years ago

this year…. it won't cost you as much but the rams didn't have that option in 10. and its still a wasted bust pick if it doesn't work not saver. yes QB's are way harder to draft because there are so many variables that you can't scout. desire, work effort, whats he going to do when he gets his first paycheck, how he gets along with others in the locker room etc.

2010… i agree Suh was the safer pick. but the rams needed a QB and that will always trump a DT in the real world NFL. No reason to blame the rams his college career spoke for it self. GOGGLE SAM BRADFORD PRO DAY. CLICK ON NFL NETWORK VIEDO. and you tell me how the rams were going to pass. he threw 63 passes only 1 hit the ground. mayock gave him an A and compared him to Matt Ryan. I'm not saying its worked out, but the rams had no reason not to take him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to also come across that way, but this Sammie thing is driving me nuts, it shouldn't, because it is what it is, and I absolutely hate that saying!

Like I said I didnt use to dislike him so much, until I continued to read about all his talent that I haven't seen (yet) ya it may still show up, and the constant excuses for him!

And most of this happened and snowballed just because I wanted to see what Davis had to offer, and an 8 game audition doesn't cut it for me!
No problems brother smed.

We all get out of sorts for one reason or another. I've had mine for sure. Hang in there, it all ain't so bad. I really think Fisher has us on the right track and then even if he gets the boot, he has left us in a much better situation then when he joined us.

All Rams fans have gotta agree with that!

:nod:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your late to the party my friend. Did I lay it on to thick?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOGGLE SAM BRADFORD PRO DAY. CLICK ON NFL NETWORK VIEDO.

I can see it now.. Coug Goggling Sam on his pro day. :drool:

It's amazing what Sam can do in no pads and no pass rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stfu:

All of you. It's old. The Suh/Bradford debate is not a debate.

One guy has a glass jaw and hasn't played but 1 full season in 5 years.. The other is the best DT in the NFL.

It's simple.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stfu:

All of you. It's old. The Suh/Bradford debate is not a debate.

One guy has a glass jaw and hasn't played but 1 full season in 5 years.. The other is the best DT in the NFL.

It's simple.

So you go into the next season with A.J. FeelMe at QB? after he went 1-15 the year before. hmm I doubt the coaching staff wanted to do that. yeah right lets take a DT vs a QB that won every award and threw 88 TD's in 31 games in college. Suh was the safe pick for sure. but NO NFL team that is desperate or that even needs a QB is going to pass on one with sam's skill set. QB will trump DT every time at #1 pick. just like it will this year. MM over DT Williams. Williams is the way safer pick but they need a QB so MM will be the pick. and Tampa actually has two decent QB'S Glennon and McCown

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u are bragging about Sams stats :lol: but what about the team? What good did it do us? Have we won anything? Been to a playoff game?

Yes u go into the season with a cheap game manager.

Doesn't matter who the QB is - the team needed to rebuild not bet the house on a QB that was hurt the prior year and hasn't done jack shit. How many times I gotta say it.

And its old. X100

I don't think u will ever understand.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB will trump DT every time at #1 pick. just like it will this year. MM over DT Williams.

You are either the biggest idiot or the biggest lover of #8 out there. You can't compare Marriota to Bradford dude. Marriota has Way more talent and he's playing his senior year, not hurt. And comparing Suh to Williams is a joke too. Suh is the DT on the planet. You are comparing apples to oranges and it's exhausting.

What planet are you from?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is not in pieces either. They have some tall weapons at WR/TE that need a QB. They do need some help on the Oline and they have a few DTs already. It makes sense to take Marriota and it's a no brainer frankly. Did you see what happen to Sam in his national title game? He got hit by a good D and lost. He wasn't lights out - junior year.

And The rams run D was awful then. Suh would have been a huge upgrade.

See, it's not just about drafting a need. It's about drafting BPA when you are 1-15.

All you have to do is go back and look what happens when a team drafts based on a need and is completely awful.

See the Rams the past 5 years. It's simple

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Sam is as gone from the Rams as the Rams are to St Louis.

See ya!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita are u hoping or is that your real opinion? :)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are either the biggest idiot or the biggest lover of #8 out there. You can't compare Marriota to Bradford dude. Marriota has Way more talent and he's playing his senior year, not hurt. And comparing Suh to Williams is a joke too. Suh is the DT on the planet. You are comparing apples to oranges and it's exhausting.

What planet are you from?

umm Sam was rated higher the MM coming out of college. If sam was coming out this year he would go #1 over MM. He is a prototypical QB that teams feel safer picking. not a guy that has never taken a snap from under center or hasn't proved he can throw timing patterns into tight windows to a covered WR.

yes Suh was rated higher then Williams coming out but not by a ton. Williams is still a safer pick then MM just like Suh was the safer pick over Sam. ITS NOT ABOUT LOVING SAM ITS ABOUT HOW NFL TEAMS THINK AND DRAFT. QB TRUMPS DT AT #1

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Sam is as gone from the Rams as the Rams are to St Louis.

See ya!

I do too. he will get offers from many teams. Buffalo would be a good fit.