• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious of why all the hate?

I didnt hate Bradford when we first got him, I didn't even dislike him, but obviously i didnt want us to oick him. I'll be the first to agree with you he had a great sophomore year, one of the all time best, but as i have said, out of the top 20 all time best college seasons ever, But after watching his play the first few years, I knew he wasn't cutting it,injuries or not! Then I started getting on the Rams CBS site and reading about all the excuses that people were giving him. Even back then there were also people that didn't like him and didn't want him.

After reading these posts for a couple years, I finally dove into the discussion. I got tired of, his oline sucks, most teams olines suck! His WR drop to many balls, I looked the "stats" up and the Rams were one of the top teams with fewest drops! He's had to deal with 3 different OC's, I don't care, the first one, his rookie year the OC put him in a position to succeed with all the short passes! you've played football your whole life, and as Al Davis use to say, Just win Baby, in this case I don't care that you have had 3 different OC's, just make the throws baby, and he doesn't! I don't like that fact that the lovers go back to his great year In
COLLEGE , his sophomore year 7 frinkin years ago, that has absolutely nothing to do with his NFL career.

I get tired of hearing he won ROY, he had a decent year that year, nothing special, I will give him credit that he stayed healthy. But it's like SJ and I say, the competition wasn't that great. There were a lot of future stars that came into the league that year, but only Bradford, Williams, and Blount stand out at the skill positions, obviously lineman aren't going to win usually! Williams and Blount played on the same team, so they took opportunities away from each other, also Blount shared duties with Cadilac Williams. The QB plays every play, obviously Bradford had way more opportunities to make things happen, again he had a decent season, nothing special.

Again, I feel kind of bad that I'm bashing him as bad as i am, he's obviously a nice guy, its nothing personal, I just get tired of the people that defend him and say that he has all this talent, maybe he does maybe he doesn't, but if you were really a little more objective you would see that he really hasn't done anything, he really hasn't shown the talent that he "supposedly" has. We've gotten no results, all we have become the Cubs in the past 5 years with Bradford, it's always wait til next year!

Also , I'm not in love with Davis, but again he has gotten us the same results that Sammie has whether you believe that or not. He was moving the ball, we were doing some things offensively that we haven't done in years, sure he threw some picks, but so did Sammie! I don't know, I'm not saying Davis is better, I sure would have liked to see him play out the year though to see if he could be a starter or worse case a capable backup to Sammie next year. As it is now we don't know what we have in Sammie, and on top of that Davis will probably hook onto another team. So instead of maybe just having one question mark at QB (Davis as possible backup) we will now have two, One being is Sammie going to make it through the year, and who is our backup now!

Hey you asked, and I really don't think I'm trying to be one-sided, I really tried to see the positives with Sammie, great college year, decent rookie year, thats all im seeing, and the college year means nothing at this point. I just don't see them like you do!

Bottom line is you got your wish for one more year, you may not believe it, I hope Sammie does well, I get tired of us losing, but I just don't have the faith that you do and I base my reasons on what I have seen from him so far, and I don't see what you are basing your reasons on, it seems with you that it's all about "I think" he can do it, "I think" he has the talent, you really aren't basing it on anything he has done lately, and please don't fall back to his one great college season 7 years ago!

Just my observations based on facts, and you asked why the hate, there you have it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have explicit inside information and it is 100 percent correct. That is because this inside information comes from me. It is my very own opinion Smed and I'm entitled to my own as a Rams fan that is not necessarily or explicitly yours.

Many a post on these boards are opinions, as are a lot of your statements too so don't be so antagonistic with me when you do the very thing you are getting so huffy about.

When most state facts here on these boards, all pretty much all know them are the facts such as stats, just as much as we all know when them opinions are flying around as well.

I think it is silly, as some do to, always put "IMO" to an obvious opinion. I mean, of course it's their opinion, no one else is writing their posts are they! So get off your soap box and stop being so sarcastic with the Rams brothers here. We all know you're not 'glad' I have inside information. :lol:

You know, for a lot of us, we are curious why all the hate?

I personally think a lot of yous are all jelly!

giphy.gif

:lol:

First of all Vita, I know they are all opinions, but I don't believe that I ever use the words "EVERY" when referring to anything or anybody. You are the one that used that term, and obviously that's not true.

I will argue all day every day with someone who just throws things out there saying this guy "can" do this or that, or say that he "has" done this without any proof of such things.

You are also correct that stats don't always tell the whole story, but stats are a good indicator of a team or players abilities, strengths, or weaknesses! Other than that there is luck, and bad breaks, sure Sammie has had both, but at the same time when he is healthy, he has proven that he is average.

Oh by the way, I just looked to my left while on my soapbox and I was shocked to be looking you right in the eye:yahoo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Vita, I know they are all opinions, but I don't believe that I ever use the words "EVERY" when referring to anything or anybody. You are the one that used that term, and obviously that's not true.

I will argue all day every day with someone who just throws things out there saying this guy "can" do this or that, or say that he "has" done this without any proof of such things.

You are also correct that stats don't always tell the whole story, but stats are a good indicator of a team or players abilities, strengths, or weaknesses! Other than that there is luck, and bad breaks, sure Sammie has had both, but at the same time when he is healthy, he has proven that he is average.

Oh by the way, I just looked to my left while on my soapbox and I was shocked to be looking you right in the eye:yahoo:
But it is true, it's my opinion that 'every' team would have either picked Bradford or Suh if they had a QB or DT need as I stated. If that is what I believe then how can my statement be untrue to my actual opinion? It can't be untrue because I own it and it's mine.

Funny bro, right after you say you don't ever use the word 'every' to describe a thing, you then two sentences later describe 'the day' as 'every' day. :pound:

Oh and sure we all get on our soap box here. That's what the hoop is for but brother I'm going to say something here as a friend. You were more than just on your soap box, you were being sarcastic and you are better than that.

Oh well, tell me I'm full of shit or take it for what it worth. Just an observation good ole friend. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it is true, it's my opinion that 'every' team would have either picked Bradford or Suh if they had a QB or DT need as I stated. If that is what I believe then how can my statement be untrue to my actual opinion? It can't be untrue because I own it and it's mine.

Funny bro, right after you say you don't ever use the word 'every' to describe a thing, you then two sentences later describe 'the day' as 'every' day. :pound:

Oh and sure we all get on our soap box here. That's what the hoop is for but brother I'm going to say something here as a friend. You were more than just on your soap box, you were being sarcastic and you are better than that.

Oh well, tell me I'm full of shit or take it for what it worth. Just
1 hr · Like · 1

s:[/QUOTE

Well Vita, I will agree with you, I am more sarcastic then most! I also feel that when you use the term EVERY with out the " I think " before it, it comes across as you stating a fact!

I will also call :bullshit: when I see it,and I have also seen the sarcasm come my way without me initiating it, and that includes from you my friend!

That observation of me is just your opinion, IMO:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from. It's my position however that if a statement has no actual ability to be a 'fact' then it's an obvious opinion and prefacing with the words 'I think' is totally unnecessary. So since 'every' team couldn't pick either No 1 or No. 2 in 2010 than it's obviously not a fact. Sorry if that wasn't very clear on my part.

Good night Smed, it's way past my bedtime.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always believed we all can have differing opinions without dividing up into camps and launching ICBMs at each other. Many times I will come onto this board with one opinion and leave with another. Because someone has shown me a different point of view or angle on the subject that I had not considered. For my part I am neither a Bradford lover or hater, a Fisher lover or hater. I am a Rams fan. Doesn't mean I am blind. Just that I will support the team until a change is made.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one thing I have found quite confusing. Many times we as a board have very intense discussions about players and coaches. To where many times it gets quite nasty with name calling and sech of players, coaches and posters. Here is the part I don't get. Should say a Pats, 9er or Seahawk fan come to the board and do the same thing the entire board would rise up to cast them out. Retro would quickly deal with them and all would rejoice. Job well done. Why then do we accept it from our own?:noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question Ozark. Vita has raised the same question. This was one reason why this thread was started until the combatants can answer that question for themselves I suppose.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one thing I have found quite confusing. Many times we as a board have very intense discussions about players and coaches. To where many times it gets quite nasty with name calling and sech of players, coaches and posters. Here is the part I don't get. Should say a Pats, 9er or Seahawk fan come to the board and do the same thing the entire board would rise up to cast them out. Retro would quickly deal with them and all would rejoice. Job well done. Why then do we accept it from our own?:noidea:

" I think" its Because we are family, right or wrong a lot of us fight with our brothers, might even call them names, but in the end we on here are all Ram fans. If an "outsider" comes in here talking shit, I would hope with have each others back.we can say what we want because we have more of a clue to what's going on in here, but well be damned if someone else comes in here taking Shit!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I think" its Because we are family, right or wrong a lot of us fight with our brothers, might even call them names, but in the end we on here are all Ram fans. If an "outsider" comes in here talking shit, I would hope with have each others back.we can say what we want because we have more of a clue to what's going on in here, but well be damned if someone else comes in here taking Shit!

That's true! I agree. If Outsiders say the wrong thing about the rams they can get out and fuk off!! We still are ram fans

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always believed we all can have differing opinions without dividing up into camps and launching ICBMs at each other. Many times I will come onto this board with one opinion and leave with another. Because someone has shown me a different point of view or angle on the subject that I had not considered. For my part I am neither a Bradford lover or hater, a Fisher lover or hater. I am a Rams fan. Doesn't mean I am blind. Just that I will support the team until a change is made.

This is how I feel too. Guess that's why we are on the same page for the most part.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed I'm still waiting to hear who you think the Bucs should take #1 though?? Seems like you don't want to answer? It's a little tougher picking before the draft versus 5 years down the road huh.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed I'm still waiting to hear who you think the Bucs should take #1 though?? Seems like you don't want to answer? It's a little tougher picking before the draft versus 5 years down the road huh.

I guess I didn't realize you asked me that? I really don't care who other teams take, we have enough problems getting our picks right! not real familiar with what their actual number one need is, they do obviously need a QB, but as I have said before, picking QB' s with your first pick doesn't work out for teams as much as they fail and that is a proven fact whether you believe it or not. As far as Marriota, he might not make a good NFL QB, again as I've stated, the NFL is littered with can't miss QB's that missed, hell, we have one!:yahoo:

I think that there is probably one or two of this years QB's that might turn out to be fairly good, and it doesn't mean it will be one of the supposed top two, the question is, which one will it be, I have no idea?:noidea:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't realize you asked me that? I really don't care who other teams take, we have enough problems getting our picks right! not real familiar with what their actual number one need is, they do obviously need a QB, but as I have said before, picking QB' s with your first pick doesn't work out for teams as much as they fail and that is a proven fact whether you believe it or not. As far as Marriota, he might not make a good NFL QB, again as I've stated, the NFL is littered with can't miss QB's that missed, hell, we have one!:yahoo:

I think that there is probably one or two of this years QB's that might turn out to be fairly good, and it doesn't mean it will be one of the supposed top two, the question is, which one will it be, I have no idea?:noidea:

I ask because it's the very close to the same situation in 2010. The Bucs need a QB yes but you said the Rams should have took Suh. Well by that logic the Bucs should take the stud DT Williams who is the safe pick and will be an All Pro like Suh. Like you just said MM has a lot of Questions if he will make it in the NFL. Way more then Sam did when he came out. So I don't see how you would pick anyone but Williams. And Williams might be the better pick just like Suh turned out to be... but my point is the Bucs will pick MM because they need a QB just like the Rams did, and it is the most important position and you can't wait till the next year or down the road like you suggested the rams should have done with Sam. And don't use Sams injury in college as an excuse because is was 100% when they drafted him not to mention MM sprained his knee last year too so it's not he's been without injury.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question Ozark. Vita has raised the same question. This was one reason why this thread was started until the combatants can answer that question for themselves I suppose.

Yes I agree.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kinda figured this defense would be used. I have seen it used before. I feel its lame and a cop out. But I understand the reasoning behind it. :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, this is how it usually works. We get tons of opinions and then someone feels the need to back up their opinion with a so-called 'fact' by stating it much as you did here.

By the way, please provide your source for this proven fact. I'm calling :bullshit:

Oh and another thing, answer this, if it is such an obvious fail as you present here, then why have the last 4 out of 5 No. 1 overall selections of the draft been QB? You'd think NFL organizations would know better.

• 2013 OT - E. Fisher OT
  • 2012 QB - A. Luck
  • 2011 QB - C. Newton
  • 2010 QB - S. Bradford
  • 2009 QB - M. Stafford
Last, are you contending that a majority of these QB's listed here are or will be a bust and fail?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask because it's the very close to the same situation in 2010. The Bucs need a QB yes but you said the Rams should have took Suh. Well by that logic the Bucs should take the stud DT Williams who is the safe pick and will be an All Pro like Suh. Like you just said MM has a lot of Questions if he will make it in the NFL. Way more then Sam did when he came out. So I don't see how you would pick anyone but Williams. And Williams might be the better pick just like Suh turned out to be... but my point is the Bucs will pick MM because they need a QB just like the Rams did, and it is the most important position and you can't wait till the next year or down the road like you suggested the rams should have done with Sam. And don't use Sams injury in college as an excuse because is was 100% when they drafted him not to mention MM sprained his knee last year too so it's not he's been without injury.

Yes Coug this year is "similar" as 2010, as I said, I don't know what exactly TB is thinking, as you said Williams probably is the safe pick, I think TB could still get a decent QB later on in this draft, and worse case they play another year with Gleannon, by no means a stud, but still young and has shown a little.

As far as Marriota having a "sprain" that is totally different and not as serious an injury! TB could use that #1 on Marriota and it still is a safer pick than us taking Bradford. Financially if it doesn't work out it isn't going to be as costly as us throwing so much money at Bradford. Yes there were not a lot of options when Bradford came out, but there were some decent options the next year, so all we had to do was take Suh, and take a chance on one of those options the next year. I know you don't agree because you are so in love with Sammie, but throwing that kind of money at a guy that hadn't played in TWO years, on top of he didn't
even throw at the combine, that's taking a big chance for that kind of money, on a QB that has questions!

I'm not sure how good TB's oline is either so that has to be taken into consideration, their running game isn't all that good either. But it's like others have said, build a dominant defense, get your oline figured out, than try to figure out your franchise QB, or at least than you only need a good QB to run your offense.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, this is how it usually works. We get tons of opinions and then someone feels the need to back up their opinion with a so-called 'fact' by stating it much as you did here.

By the way, please provide your source for this proven fact. I'm calling :bullshit:

Oh and another thing, answer this, if it is such an obvious fail as you present here, then why have the last 4 out of 5 No. 1 overall selections of the draft been QB? You'd think NFL organizations would know better.

• 2013 OT - E. Fisher OT
  • 2012 QB - A. Luck
  • 2011 QB - C. Newton
  • 2010 QB - S. Bradford
  • 2009 QB - M. Stafford

Last, are you contending that a majority of these QB's listed here are or will be a bust and fail?

• Actually your long list of 4 QB's here is the exception, 3 of them are good although there are some that are getting tired of Stafford who has had some pretty damn good weapons, but I'd take him!. Newton has shown flashes, his career is yet to be determined, again I would take him. luck is Luck and I would take him in a heartbeat. I dont think Sammie is as good as any of those guys.

Now back to youre question, if you are going to throw the :bullshit: flag maybe you should look into it yourself before you do!

As far as the 30 QB' s drafted number 1 overall, I would consider 12 of them good to great, and that includes Newton who doesn't have a full resume yet! Of the Twenty that were drafted since the Super Bowl era, 6 have taken their teams to the Super Bowl, Bradshaw, Plunkett, Aikman, Elway, both Mannings, now those 6 QB's are HOF types that don't come along to often.

As far as the 30 Heisman QB's I would consider 4 of them Good to great QB's, im not including Manzeil, Winston, and Marriota, they may pan out, but I doubt all or any of them will. Only 2 out of those 30 have taken their teams to the Supper Bowl. Of the 21 that won the Heisman in the Super Bowl era only 1 of them, Plunkett has taken their team to the Super Bowl. I will add Staubach in their even though he won his Heisman in the early 60's sometime, then did his military service stint.

Now I could list all of these names here but I'm not going to, I have an IPad so I can't cut and paste and do alot of other things that most of you in here can.

If you want to be " sarcastic" and call :bullshit: have at it man, it's all there for you to read. All you have to do is type in number 1 draft picks, then if you want type in Heisman trophy QB's, it's all there.

I'm sure you will come back and tell me how great QB's like Vick, Bledsoe, George, and Smith and maybe some others are, they are ok QB's but they certainly aren't good!