• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how are they going to judge if the INT is the QB's fault or the WR's fault? Again, this is why these kinds of stats are complete bullshit...If the QB throws slightly behind or in front of the WR, whose fault is that? Again, too many judgement calls there. You might say the INTs aren't Brafords fault, others would say the opposite. So who is right? The NFL says, you threw the INT so it counts against you(as it should)

As of right now, the QBR the NFL uses seems to be the most fair system of judgement.

Well thats why they break down the play by watching film. Looking at the replay i don't think there are to many times when you can't see really what happen. Especially if you are a pro scout or coach. I don't think its a judgement call. Yes the NFL says an INT is an INT. But that doesn't alwalys tell the real story and i guarantee teams look at sites like this if they are thinking about picking up a player in FA or trade to get the real story. and I'm guessing it has more realistic value then just saying that player has 15 picks he must suck…

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and it's a lot like what been going on with Coug.

He believes in his positions and gets hammered on this site even when he is in right or not too far off as some crazy nut job just because he has a different opinion.

I'm not sure what this site is providing because it is suppose to be massive, but in reality if it were all inclusive, I couldn't imagine why the other 60 percent isn't using them.

Bottom line the NFL does not have the corner on NFL stats, there have been many organizations that have pushed the envelope.

Take if you will the organizations that saw a 'new' stat of importance back in the day called 'sacks'. Had the NFL been the 'all knowing' when Deac was playing we all would know who the all time Sac leader is!! :suds:

There are other services who do the same. The other teams are likely subscribed to their companies...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats why they break down the play by watching film. Looking at the replay i don't think there are to many times when you can't see really what happen. Especially if you are a pro scout or coach. I don't think its a judgement call. Yes the NFL says an INT is an INT. But that doesn't alwalys tell the real story and i guarantee teams look at sites like this if they are thinking about picking up a player in FA or trade to get the real story. and I'm guessing it has more realistic value.

Most NFL teams know the players around the league so well, they don't need a site like this for their bogus player rankings. They have their own scouts rate players, they have all the tapes, they have tendency charts.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that doesn't alwalys tell the real story
We've all seen too many times the perfectly thrown off the hands of the WR 'tipped' ball interception and/or Pick 6. But that always goes against the QB when actually did their job to perfection.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, there is a HUGE difference between a site like that doing a great job at compiling players tendencies, But when they start making up these kinds of BS "ratings" that are based on more judgement than actual stats, that's a problem. Again, how are you going to truly judge if an INT is the fault of the WR or the QB?

I read up on the company since we started talking about this and like I said before...They provide "specially tailored info to a handful of teams" their words, not mine. aka they provide player tendencies...

This has nothing to do with bashing Cougar or Bradford, but I do ask for honesty. And this Sam is ranked 12th BS is completely dishonest, which is why I had to say something.

If anyone can prove to me/show me the NFL bases ANYTHING on these "rankings" this site puts out, I'll admit I'm wrong...Not the tendencies, the meaningless rankings...

Sam being ranked 12th is dishonest?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all seen too many times the perfectly thrown off the hands of the WR 'tipped' ball interception and/or Pick 6. But that always goes against the QB when actually did their job to perfection.

This happens few and far between. Usually a QB throws too high/low, a little too far in front/behind, basically puts the ball in not quite the right place and that's why its tipped/picked

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens few and far between. Usually a QB throws too high/low, a little too far in front/behind, basically puts the ball in not quite the right place and that's why its tipped/picked
That's your spin, it wasn't part of the scenario I laid out. We've all seen the perfectly thrown pass. A lot of times this happens is because the receiver (And I was one, so I too am guilty) looks ahead because the ball is on target and we tend to cheat and look ahead. When the ball is not so perfectly thrown, we MUST look it in and secure the ball first.

How else can anyone describe a perfectly thrown ball dropped by a professional WR?

It's complacency, and it's in direct conflict to the bold part of your text. Not quite in the right place, as a WR I have no choice but to focus and as a professional I'm going to catch it. Give me a chance to make a move by a perfect spot, damn it I'm gonna cheat to get some YAC's I'm probably going to do it 9 times out of 10 just because I have the confidence in myself. :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NFL teams know the players around the league so well, they don't need a site like this for their bogus player rankings. They have their own scouts rate players, they have all the tapes, they have tendency charts.

Your right on that. and thats why Sam gets way more respect by NFL people then on this site lol. and I'm sure his new contract will reflect that.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your spin, it wasn't part of the scenario I laid out. I we've all seen the perfectly thrown pass. A lot of times this happens is because the receiver (And I was one, so I too am guilty) looks ahead because the ball is on target and we tend to cheat and look ahead. When the ball is not so perfectly thrown, we MUST look it in and secure the ball first.

How else can anyone describe a perfectly thrown ball dropped by a professional WR?

It's complacency, and it's in direct conflict to the bold part of your text. Not quite in the right place, as a WR I have no choice but to focus and as a professional I'm going to catch it. Give me a chance to make a move by a perfect spot, damn it I'm gonna cheat to get some YAC's I'm probably going to do it 9 times out of 10 just because I have the confidence in myself. :nod:

OK, now I'm confused...you mentioned how we've seen "too many times" a perfectly thrown ball is tipped and picked and I said that happens few and far between. Then I mentioned how USUALLY INTs are because the ball WASN'T perfectly thrown. That's why I said, too high/low etc...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is the negativity thread...

There is one Bad thing about us winning these games. We have now dropped to the 18th pick in the first round...

Definitely fun to win(even when not able to make the playoffs), but we're losing out on some top potential playmakers in the next draft...

2016 NFL Draft: St. Louis Rams Fall to 18th After Big Win

Like this article says...Winning is bittersweet...

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is one Bad thing about us winning these games. We have now dropped to the 18th pick in the first round...

Definitely fun to win(even when not able to make the playoffs), but we're losing out on some top potential playmakers in the next draft...

I will take the wins. This team is coming together. Next season we get back some key personnel lose a few maybe. QB is still the big question mark. We won't find it in the draft this year. But this team is learning how to win it will only get better.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we could've won those 3 games we choked away against Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Minnesota, it wouldn't bother me as much because we'd be in prime playoff position at 10-5 and would be getting another shot at either Washington, Minnesota or Green Bay. Personally, I think our defense would feast on Aaron Rogers and that awful offensive line since he just got tossed around like a ragdoll yesterday against the Cards.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the wins. This team is coming together. Next season we get back some key personnel lose a few maybe. QB is still the big question mark. We won't find it in the draft this year. But this team is learning how to win it will only get better.

I agree with you, but doesn't it seem we do this at the end of every season? We really need to come back next year ready to kick ass. This season we won the Seattle game week one, they acted like they won the Superbowl, then fell apart in the following weeks...

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but doesn't it seem we do this at the end of every season? We really need to come back next year ready to kick ass. This season we won the Seattle game week one, they acted like they won the Superbowl, then fell apart in the following weeks...

Yes we do. The turning point for this team IMO was Fisher firing the OC not that he was the whole problem but when someone gets fired in the inner circle people start looking around am I next. Fisher will not get a pass after this year. Cement the QB position and this is a playoff team.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do. The turning point for this team IMO was Fisher firing the OC not that he was the whole problem but when someone gets fired in the inner circle people start looking around am I next. Fisher will not get a pass after this year. Cement the QB position and this is a playoff team.

I agree 100% about Cignetti, was a great wakeup call for everyone when he was fired...I remember ALL of us complaining about him when he was hired, surprised he actually lasted as long as he did. Like I said a few weeks ago, when he got so desperate that he started using the wildcat, you knew it was over...

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% about Cignetti, was a great wakeup call for everyone when he was fired...I remember ALL of us complaining about him when he was hired, surprised he actually lasted as long as he did. Like I said a few weeks ago, when he got so desperate that he started using the wildcat, you knew it was over...
Boras is not doing things much differently. He is sticking more with the run and stretching the field more. It just seems the players are on board now. And better QB play of course.