• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never watched Mad Men... but that is the most popular period piece of this ilk... was that over exaggerated like this?? I know that it is famous for the colorful outfits...
Not Mad Men…

Birdman. The movie starring Michael Keaton.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Mad Men…

Birdman. The movie starring Michael Keaton.

no... i know you said birdman... i was bringing up mad men because both shows used the period as a character, and both shows were all about colorful fassion...

was wondering if the acting was similar too...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... i know you said birdman... i was bringing up mad men because both shows used the period as a character, and both shows were all about colorful fassion...

no, Mad Men was not done in that manner

A lot of Maisel felt like a Abbott and Costello act that just kept going for seasons.

and I don't hate that.

Susie was great at it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah, gotcha.

No, Mad Men did not feel like theater. The period was a “character”, sure, but it still had a “real world” flow to it that felt like you were in the room of an actual ad agency rather than in the audience of a play (like Maisel)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, Mad Men was not done in that manner

A lot of Maisel felt like a Abbott and Costello act that just kept going for seasons.

and I don't hate that.

Susie was great at it.

She looked like a man. But in ms Swan voice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine going from Ms Swan to being an Emmy award winning actress?

she really did crush that role.

nah... she has always been a great actress, and even a better comedic actress... what has always killed her is her appearance... very hard to find a role for her... but when you do, she always nails it... Lois Griffin has been a great role too

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah... she has always been a great actress, and even a better comedic actress... what has always killed her is her appearance... very hard to find a role for her... but when you do, she always nails it... Lois Griffin has been a great role too
voice acting is different though.

she isn't necessarily a knock out in terms of looks but she certainly has the talent.

she's like a modern Rosanne...although I can't recall a single role Rosanne played outside of her sitcom

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She definitely makes the best out of what she has to work with.. my gf said she's like a female Danny Devito in the role and that's not far off imo.