• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G3 0-1-1 Kings @ Jets 10/17/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to miss the game again, boys have football practice 445-645pm, Ms Puck II has softball practice 7-9pm. Tuesdays are the long days, at least her practice is on the field right behind the boys' so we don't need to go anywhere. I'll just DVR it again tonight like Saturday and watch after we get home but post here, I'll be checking regardless.

Sure am sick and tired of eating at the field, that snack shack food is shit and I feel like garbage after 4.5 months of this when it's all said and done not to mention you dont realize how much money you spend eating out. Winding down, last football game is 10/28 and softball ends 11/11. But the kids love it and as long as I'm dad I'll do it.

Fitting G3 is against the Jets, it's PLD vs The Legend/Iafallo/EuroHOS. Iafallo had a nice tip in goal last game for them, shot from the point that he redirected in from the slot. He will be his usual self. EuroHOS got burned bad losing his man out of the corner against the Flames and his dude scored the goal ahead goal. Vilardi's lack of footspeed really showed on a SH attack that ended up in a goal against.

In true Kings fashion I'm expecting one of them to have a monster night against LA, it almost never fails. Would love to see PLD play angry and put some points up and be a presence. Hellebuyck just signed that 7 year deal so he isn't coming to LA although I wouldnt put it past Bowlby to add another long term probably won't age well contract. It's in his DNA.

Hopefully Fiala and Roy have better nights, would love to see Buster get a goal too. Arty Retardy is back in the lineup and will be RW2 with Dunno and Moore. I hope he is feeling the heat from Laferriere, he needs to show something - he has 3 years experience under his belt but just doesn't move the needle much.

I expect a physical game, hopefully goaltending doesn't do the Kings in. My guess is Talbot to start.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try usIng ESPN + but all streams blacked out in my region? Wtf, why did i sign up for espn

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try usIng ESPN + but all streams blacked out in my region? Wtf, why did i sign up for espn

I have the Disney bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ and honestly I have used that maybe 2 times in the last 3 years when the Kings were on. Don't even know why it's part of the deal, but I don't watch baseball or basketball or whatever so maybe it has value for those fans.

You're out of the SoCal market right?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around reno NV

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, shouldn't be blacked out. Is there a streaming option?

I'm watching on the field using my DTV app and saw Lizotte wipe out The Legend and he hobbled off. Pretty sad when a dude half your size may have injured you. But we all know Vilardi's history. I also don't think it was a penalty but hard to tell on a small screen.

Hope he's OK but I will say Blake's comments were damning - and rightfully so - when he referred to "availability" regarding Legend and a contract. Dude is constantly injured no matter how talented he is.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not to keen on streaming stuff and getting it to work, the bally thing says not in my area....

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it here in AZ on ESPN+.
The game is chippy.
And half of the Kings d-men are in the box.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ian Laperrière is called Lappy, does that mean Alex Laferriere is called Laffy?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I get blocked out is when the Kings play the Yotes.
But I can watch those games for free, here they’re available over the air.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the Bally's Sports app, and is ok. Can install on the Roku/Firestick, even on my phone, and at least can watch (minus buffering) fairly well. I bought into the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN bundle when it first became available when my daughter was 9 years old @ $12.99/mnth, then it became $13.99, and then $14.99, then couple months ago got a notification that it was going up to $18.99/month. So back it down to $12.99/mth, but now I get retarded adds (in the middle of a movie no less) with everything of theirs. Now my daughter is 13 and could give 2 sh*ts about anything on Disney anymore, they've seriously ruined every ounce of programming they've put on their service. I honestly never watch Hulu, and ESPN+ only when their is a Kings game broadcast on it. If ESPN wasn't shoving all these (sorry, I know this is going to sound bad but...) female announcers & "analysts" into every second of their programming, I might be able to open to watching something of theirs. I always enjoy a good documentary (30 for 30), but their forcing down my throat of female perspectives into male sports (let alone every commercial on Sundays during NFL games has to come from a female point of view) just is hard to watch anymore.....but this is all my OPINION!!!

As for the Kings, I will say that Kaliyev on the line with 24 & 12, might force him to play more responsible (fingers crossed). Is a glorious opportunity for him with Arvidsson out...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ian Laperrière is called Lappy, does that mean Alex Laferriere is called Laffy?

Pretty sure they call him Laffer. I'm not one for nicknames, especially when announcers use them.

Except my own because they're meant to be funny.

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought into the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN bundle when it first became available when my daughter was 9 years old @ $12.99/mnth, then it became $13.99, and then $14.99, then couple months ago got a notification that it was going up to $18.99/month. So back it down to $12.99/mth, but now I get retarded adds (in the middle of a movie no less) with everything of theirs. Now my daughter is 13 and could give 2 sh*ts about anything on Disney anymore, they've seriously ruined every ounce of programming they've put on their service.
All these services have skyrocketed their prices the last few years since Covid hit. They claim "losing money" yet content is pouring out left and right, with the pandemic overhead was a lot lower without staff and what not physically present, it's a scam. Just like cell phones and cable providers. Unfortunately we're stuck with it.

I too got the bundle back in 2019 when it was like $9.99, then I paid for it in advance in 2020 for $72, then went back to tye monthly for $19.99 and just got notice it goes up to $24.99 a month. Overall there isn't much on Disney+ plus but I like the Avengers, Star Wars and (I'm old) History so I keep it. Hulu is good for some older shows, for being a biker I was clowned because I never watched SOA until 2021 (it ended in 2014) and they do have some movies included that you'd have to pay for otherwise on another service. ESPN+ is an absolute joke, but the benefit is if you subscribe you unlock the Insider content on the website and I use that for hockey stuff.

As for Dismal themselves, they are nothing but a woke social justice kum baya company these days cramming stuff down peoples' throats. I'm over it, we have not been to Disneyland since 2017 and I canceled our passes that year after I saw the direction its going in.

I honestly never watch Hulu, and ESPN+ only when their is a Kings game broadcast on it. If ESPN wasn't shoving all these (sorry, I know this is going to sound bad but...) female announcers & "analysts" into every second of their programming, I might be able to open to watching something of theirs. I always enjoy a good documentary (30 for 30), but their forcing down my throat of female perspectives into male sports (let alone every commercial on Sundays during NFL games has to come from a female point of view) just is hard to watch anymore.....but this is all my OPINION!!!
Hey man you're entitled to it just like anyone else regardless of gender, sexual orientation, etc.

I do not mind female announcers and analysts if they actually know their shit. NHL Network has some decent ones (nice talent too), NFL has Linda Cohen who is a hag but very knowledgeable, Cami Granato is good. It's the Leah Hextalls of the world - dumb AF, unqualified (she literally made terms up that have never existed in hockey), got her gig on name power alone, horrific voice - that I have a problem with.

As for the Kings, I will say that Kaliyev on the line with 24 & 12, might force him to play more responsible (fingers crossed). Is a glorious opportunity for him with Arvidsson out...

Arty Retardy looked good last night, I watched the replay after we got home from softball. I think having Laferriere up is scaring him. It's only 1 game, so we will see. Buster even had an assist and Stoll made it a point to say he has 2 points in 3 games, but he literally whacked at a puck that ended up back in the slot that Dunno fired home. Still not impressed with him.

And speaking of Laferriere, he gets a goal in the next 2 games. He is clearly a gamer, has a very high hockey IQ and is in the fight with his linemates. Lot of good looks last night, aware of what is going on, anticipates the play and is defensively solid.

Interestingly he is a 3rd round pick from 2019, part of the Campbell trade. Everyone jokes how Dumbo smoked CBJ on every deal, Blake has been doing that to TO.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to add, solid game by Moore. Still think the contract is a bit rich but if he continues to play like that I can live with it.

Talbot was solid, he kept the Kings in the game in the first. The Kings could have easily been down 2-3 nothing and in a hole by the second. Excellent showing compared to his first game. Imbguessing he gets the nod Thursday against the Wild (going to miss it AGAIN).

Lastly, Englund. That is exactly why I wanted him on the NHL roster, he is physical and has bite, something the Kings have lacked overall. I do think that was a boarding penalty that should have been called so I understand why the Jets were upset, glad to see the Kings sticking up for each other and as a team. They don't appear to be pushovers this season.

Brings me to Bjornfot, he may be trade bait by the deadline. He just doesn't add anything to the back end, recoup a 2nd round pick and another LHD prospect for him and call it a day. I think he was rushed, I remember Doughty saying "he's the best" or whatever in 2019 but even since then he hasn't improved.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Vilardi's injury is serious, I watched the replay and I don't think it should have been a penalty. Just two guys fighting for a puck and unfortunately The Lizard and he got tangled up.

Hope he isn't out too long, but yikes - another injury. He's getting evaluated today and we should know more later; my guess is a knee ligament or ankle sprain.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the Bally's Sports app, and is ok. Can install on the Roku/Firestick, even on my phone,
I tried to get this for this game and it said not in my area?? I thought streaming means where ever you are with a signal? I got the espn+ for that 1st game and thought i would get more, but if blackouts gonna be a thing i will cancel that.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they call him Laffer. I'm not one for nicknames, especially when announcers use them.

Except my own because they're meant to be funny.

=)~~
I started calling him laffer...but if announcers do, gonna need to change that.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get this for this game and it said not in my area?? I thought streaming means where ever you are with a signal? I got the espn+ for that 1st game and thought i would get more, but if blackouts gonna be a thing i will cancel that.

If you're in the local market, even the streaming will be blacked out. It's freaking lame.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the Jet 3?

The Legend only played 2:23 before the injury so it's hard to tell, but he is RW1 with Scheifele (douche) and Connor. He didn't look bad with them but he didn't pop out either.

Iafallo, I barely heard his name and barely saw him out there. He doesn't take a shift off so I'm going to say LA made sure he wasn't a presence. He wasn't very noticeable.

EuroHOS...still EuroHOS. Tons of speed, good size, decent on FOs, couldn't hit a puck into the ocean. Seriously do not think he was a huge loss but Teh Blog will tell you otherwise. "LA will rue the day!"...no brah we won't. He sucks offensively. Hope.you had a pleasant flight to Manitoba.

Biggest loss in that deal to me was Iafallo because of his versatility. I don't think he belonged on the first line like he did in LA before 2022, but he was an all purpose player in all situations, dependable, a leader. His offense wasn't that great and not worth the $4+ million he was being paid but he added a lot of value to the lineup.