• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G3 0-1-1 Kings @ Jets 10/17/23

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in the local market, even the streaming will be blacked out. It's freaking lame.
I dont see how reno is a Kings market....Sharts maybe, but LA is like an 8hr drive.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on the Jet 3?

The Legend only played 2:23 before the injury so it's hard to tell, but he is RW1 with Scheifele (douche) and Connor. He didn't look bad with them but he didn't pop out either.

Iafallo, I barely heard his name and barely saw him out there. He doesn't take a shift off so I'm going to say LA made sure he wasn't a presence. He wasn't very noticeable.

EuroHOS...still EuroHOS. Tons of speed, good size, decent on FOs, couldn't hit a puck into the ocean. Seriously do not think he was a huge loss but Teh Blog will tell you otherwise. "LA will rue the day!"...no brah we won't. He sucks offensively. Hope.you had a pleasant flight to Manitoba.

Biggest loss in that deal to me was Iafallo because of his versatility. I don't think he belonged on the first line like he did in LA before 2022, but he was an all purpose player in all situations, dependable, a leader. His offense wasn't that great and not worth the $4+ million he was being paid but he added a lot of value to the lineup.
I think we all thought Iafallo was the big loss for LA. He is everything you say here....including not worth the 4m, but would be great at 2-2.5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but did listen to the iHeartRadio broadcast. Aside from the inconvenience of having to use an app, I can't really complain. Just like old school radio and I can get stuff done while listening.

Vilardi already hurt felt on brand. Feel bad for him, but also don't miss that. I have so many streaming services I just don't want to recommit yet to Bally's, especially since not even every game is on the Bally app (They made it seem like probably around 60 of the 82, but I could be wrong). I trade someone for access to Hulu +. As for ESPN, sometimes Monday Night Football is available, and sometimes it's not. Never feels consistent. And some TV's don't even carry the Bally's app. Roku does, so I have this tiny TV in the garage with Roku built in that Bally app works on. App doesn't exist on our LG or Samsung. So we have an external Roku we plug in.

My parents moved to Montana, so my Dad used my Bally's app all last year without issue. Every time he turned it on though, it would warn him that he was watching an LA broadcast out of his region and was subject to cancellation. But this warning never became anything, and he used from like February through the first round.

I could write all day about my experiences with streaming, but I feel like everyone goes through something similar now in their efforts to avoid cable.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I have been trying for years to get away from DTV. Once they were acquired by ATT in 2015 or 2016 everything went to hell from my billing to service to perks. When they weren't owned by them, I got freebies up the ying yang, premium channels at no cost, great customer service, excellent discounts.

Now, nothing. I have to call the Retention Department a few times a year and beat them to death for any type of discount. Sad considering I've been a loyal customer for over a decade. The latest fiasco is Sunday Ticket, with DTV losing the rights I had to get the base package of YouTube TV - which frankly sucks - AND pay monthly for Sunday Ticket. What used to cost me $300 a season on DTV now is going to cost me $600 because I have no other way to catch the Giants unless they're on national TV. Of course I still have DTV too, Netflix, Prime, etc. It all adds up.

The issue is I have tried putting together a package that would work for me with everything I like and unfortunately it just isn't possible without having a gazillion streaming services so I'm having to pay for it all.

But believe me if I could find a way, I would. They absolutely hose us and it's wrong.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you're not committed to Sunday Ticket specifically, and are cool with NFL Redzone, which is my jam for sure, NFL did their own thing this year. You can just get NFL+ for $15/month and you get NFL Redzone through their own app. Redzone is arguably the most self-aware 'Merican (American) thing right now. Basically the host kicks off and just goes "Hey there. Welcome to Redzone. It's time for 7 hours of commercial-free football!". And for the next 7 hours, across all games, they just go to the games where a team is most likely to score, or the game with the most compelling matchup. It's $10 if you want to just watch on your phone. For ability to use on TV or "Broadcast" to a TV then it's $15. They also offer like $70 for the year, but I feel like that's a hustle because the NFL Season is only 18 weeks (And then playoffs).

I cut cable like a decade ago because of the price gouge, and honestly, the commercials. The ONLY thing keeping cable in business is really old people who need legacy media, and sports. Aside from sports, there are no more "Must-see" events that we all communally watch together. They showed some stat from last year and 39 of the top 50 most watched live events were NFL games. Which lead naturally to a bunch of networks wanting a piece. You see Amazon owns the Thursday night game now, and they have their own crew of highly paid announcers. Sunday Night Football crew through NBC has their own exclusive crew. Monday Night Football is on ESPN and same deal. So overall, I do Redzone, and I have Peacock subscription because other people in my house enjoy it. So I can watch Sunday Night Football if I want. I'll saw, if you never had it, the first year intro offer is like $20 paid up front. I thought it was clutch for the World Cup of Soccer, but then again, they only had the Spanish broadcast. So I watched so much soccer that month in Spanish that all my Youtube adds and other apps started advertising to me in Spanish for the next few months. haha.

Speaking of Peacock, the World Cup of Rugby going on right now has been phenomenal, and all games have been shown on there. Group stage teams played once a week for a month, then quarterfinals just happened last weekend and were unreal. I went to South Africa in 2019 and it is a massive deal down there. They had just won the World Cup and were only the 2nd nation ever to win 3, tying New Zealand. Since 1987, only 4 nations have even won it. 3 for New Zealand, 3 for South Africa, 2 for Australia, and 1 for England. Only Northern Hemisphere team ever to win it. And Ireland was ranked #1 in the world but just lost to New Zealand this weekend. France as host nation was looking great too, but they lost as well.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeebus, I'm still no closer to figuring out how to watch king's games lol