• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene in the finale at Carnegie Hall was pretty awesome. Luke Kirby and Rachel Brosnahan are tremendous.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene in the finale at Carnegie Hall was pretty awesome. Luke Kirby and Rachel Brosnahan are tremendous.
I don't know if there is anyone on this cast that isn't amazing.

Rose doing Midge's act was something. She killed it.

when these actors go for the emotional scenes, they really nail them.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there is anyone on this cast that isn't amazing.

Rose doing Midge's act was something. She killed it.

when these actors go for the emotional scenes, they really nail them.

Agreed.. top-to-bottom, just top notch performances and dialog. Even in the small roles, like the 2 mob guys helping Susie. They're terrific with their deadpan deliveries playing off each other and her like an unintentional comedy team. This was its best season so far and I'm really looking forward to next season's wrapup.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched this season… show is really great. But is anyone else kind of tired of midge getting in her own way. I mean. Haven’t she learned her lesson yet??

So happy with how this season ended with lenny Bruce basically yelling at her for her stupidity

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I caught the new episodes last night. Hilarious.

I told her watching it felt like sitting front row at a Broadway show.
The show definitely has a “stage” feel to it. The quick dialogue, the extreme choreography, the multiple conversations going on at once, the over-emphasized emoting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched this season… show is really great. But is anyone else kind of tired of midge getting in her own way. I mean. Haven’t she learned her lesson yet??

So happy with how this season ended with lenny Bruce basically yelling at her for her stupidity
That’s kinda the point. She is part self destructive, part illusion of grandeur. Lenny laying into her was great. And putting her in her place, ON STAGE AT CARNEGIE HALL was about as powerful a way to make your point as is humanly possible.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s kinda the point. She is part self destructive, part illusion of grandeur. Lenny laying into her was great. And putting her in her place, ON STAGE AT CARNEGIE HALL was about as powerful a way to make your point as is humanly possible.
shame he is going to OD in the last season and everything will come crashing down.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shame he is going to OD in the last season and everything will come crashing down.

I wonder if they'll get to that. Maybe they will now that he has become an integral part of the plot. But that's still 5 years down the road from where they are now and they've only covered 2 years over the first 4 seasons.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they'll get to that. Maybe they will now that he has become an integral part of the plot. But that's still 5 years down the road from where they are now and they've only covered 2 years over the first 4 seasons.
They showed his drug kit in the last few episodes. It has got to be the inevitable way this all ends. This is meant to be a tragic show in the end, I feel. I am pretty sure there is just one more season left.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed his drug kit in the last few episodes. It has got to be the inevitable way this all ends. This is meant to be a tragic show in the end, I feel. I am pretty sure there is just one more season left.

Maybe they'll get to his death. We'll see. But he was a junkie off & on for many years. It will be the final season and they'd have to fast forward the story by 5 years to get there if they want to stick with historical accuracy.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll get to his death. We'll see. But he was a junkie off & on for many years. It will be the final season and they'd have to fast forward the story by 5 years to get there if they want to stick with historical accuracy.
Good point...guess we will see

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished the first season and man, it is good. The writing is great. Can't wait for more. Tony Shalhoub and Marin Hinkle work so well together.

Reactions: ill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bored and decided to start watching the new season instead of waiting to binge.

I hadn’t given this show a lot of thought over the last year or so, so I had forgotten about the overt stage theater feel. It is so blatant, you can’t go 10 minutes without thinking you are watching a play. But I have said that 100 times already.

In the first episode of S5, the main thing that caught my eye (ear?) was that they feature ”Big 10 Inch” 15 years before it was released (Aerosmith released it in ‘75, this episode takes place in ‘61). Unless Aerosmith covered the song, but if the did I was unaware and a google search didn’t say otherwise.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bored and decided to start watching the new season instead of waiting to binge.

I hadn’t given this show a lot of thought over the last year or so, so I had forgotten about the overt stage theater feel. It is so blatant, you can’t go 10 minutes without thinking you are watching a play. But I have said that 100 times already.

In the first episode of S5, the main thing that caught my eye (ear?) was that they feature ”Big 10 Inch” 15 years before it was released (Aerosmith released it in ‘75, this episode takes place in ‘61). Unless Aerosmith covered the song, but if the did I was unaware and a google search didn’t say otherwise.
“Big Ten-Inch Record” is a cover of ‘dirty blues’ sax man Bull Moose Jackson’s 1952 song.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all you had to do was google "aerosmith big ten inch cover" and it's the first link from Wikipedia...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to starting this season. Sucks that it is the last...there are some good shows in their last season this year and this is one of them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the first 2 episodes of the final season last night.

The time jumps the are implementing this season are interesting but it gives you a glimpse into Midge's future career and how the family works out.

I think it will help with a satisfying series finale.

also, the dialog is as good as ever.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the first 2 episodes of the final season last night.

The time jumps the are implementing this season are interesting but it gives you a glimpse into Midge's future career and how the family works out.

I think it will help with a satisfying series finale.

also, the dialog is as good as ever.
Imho, the dialog is too choreographed. The entire show is too choreographed. For my tastes.

I don’t mean to attack the show, it just is what it is. It is VERY influenced by stage acting. It reminds me a lot of Birdman. It is a love letter to Broadway.