• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Lakers 2022-2023 Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep him past the deadline and re-sign him this summer, I might have to go on strike. I can't take this much longer.....please Rob, find a trade!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. The Lakers need to get above .500 and string together 5 or 6 wins in-a-row and would then be in the post-season without any more dumb trades like the one for Beverley.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. The Lakers need to get above .500 and string together 5 or 6 wins in-a-row and would then be in the post-season without any more dumb trades like the one for Beverley.
Bev has actually played well on offense and defense the last 15-18 games.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that.....Irving wants out of Brooklyn again.

Make the call, Rob!!!! Best player available to make us a legit contender.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that.....Irving wants out of Brooklyn again.

Make the call, Rob!!!! Best player available to make us a legit contender.
Do the Lakers really need a mental case like Irving?

Plus, it would cost too much to get him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving has his issues certainly but there is no denying his talent on the court.

He, James, and AD would make the Lakers faves to come out of the WC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need? Kinda! Not his mental state, but his abilities.

They're not going to do shit with this current roster.

Trading Westbrook for Kyrie instantly makes them a title contender. He's a better shooter, a better ball handler and a better fit than Russ.

It all depends on how much they give up for him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers decide to actually trade for Irving, they are going to have to give up their ‘27 and ‘29 first round picks, include Westbrook, and give Irving a contract extension that he wants ( 4 yrs for around 200M ).

I’m sorry, but if the Lakers do that, they are idiots.

1) Irving Luke’s to quit on his team whenever he is not happy. The Lakers can’t rely on this guy as he is a head case

2) Irving is not worth 50M per yr ( which is what he wants ).

3) They would be giving up the only 2 1st round picks they actually control the rest of the decade.

Irving is not that big of an upgrade over Westbrook to justify all of that. Sorry, but he’s not. Plus, if they are going to trade their 1st rounders, better to do it for a younger star player. Irving is 31.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer Rozier and Charlotte has indicated they'd do a RW trade.

Rozier is not crazy and he's a really good player who can shoot and score. And that dog in him makes him an intense defender.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers decide to actually trade for Irving, they are going to have to give up their ‘27 and ‘29 first round picks, include Westbrook, and give Irving a contract extension that he wants ( 4 yrs for around 200M ).

I’m sorry, but if the Lakers do that, they are idiots.

1) Irving Luke’s to quit on his team whenever he is not happy. The Lakers can’t rely on this guy as he is a head case

2) Irving is not worth 50M per yr ( which is what he wants ).

3) They would be giving up the only 2 1st round picks they actually control the rest of the decade.

Irving is not that big of an upgrade over Westbrook to justify all of that. Sorry, but he’s not. Plus, if they are going to trade their 1st rounders, better to do it for a younger star player. Irving is 31.
Irving makes them a legit contender. RW does not.

Stupidest thing I have read in a while. LOL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, DJ, Didn't we go through this shit back in 2022 for a couple of three months or so? Have the Lakers not learned anything that selling-out for so-called superstars like fragile boy AD gets you what, a 25-28 record??!!

Seriously, after holding-out and making emphatic statements and refusals to part with their future number one draft picks and then they fall for this nutcase, I would def agree that they are stupid and appear just as psychotic as Irving. lol! The better suggestion is what you provided with Rozier and Charlotte. :playball:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, with 2 wins in-a-row, the Lakers move to spot Number 12 in the WC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, DJ, Didn't we go through this shit back in 2022 for a couple of three months or so? Have the Lakers not learned anything that selling-out for so-called superstars like fragile boy AD gets you what, a 25-28 record??!!

Seriously, after holding-out and making emphatic statements and refusals to part with their future number one draft picks and then thy fall for this nutcase, I would def agree that they are stupid and appear just as psychotic as Irving. lol! The better suggestion is what you provided with Rozier and Charlotte. :playball:
Yeah, I just said Rozier might be the better option in the main NBA thread.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving makes them a legit contender. RW does not.

Stupidest thing I have read in a while. LOL.
Yeah, and you’re assuming the guy is going to be right in the head to even make a difference on the team.

I say he doesn’t make that much of a difference for what they have to give up in picks and salary to justify trading for him.

If they want him, just wait until the off season and sign him when he’s a FA.

He doesn’t move the needle enough this season to make a difference and justify the cost to get him.

See, this has been the problem with the Lakers in the past and why they have wasted so many picks at the sacrifice of young talent.

They made the trade for Davis which cost them a boat load of picks and talented players. That got them the one championship ( which could be argued may not have happened had it not been in the bubble ). Since then, the Lakers have gotten the Davis everyone knew he was- a talented player that can’t stay healthy long enough to help the team.

In the process they gave up 2 all star players and a boatload of picks that would’ve had this as a legit contender now instead of floundering outside of play-in game territory.

The Westbrook trade has been a disaster as well, to the point there is now talk of making another bad trade just to get rid of him. They gave up their 2 best 3 pt shooters ( Kuzma and Pope ), for a guy that hits 30% from 3 for his career. Plus they gave away yet another 1st round pick. And who ended up being the best player in the trade? Kuzma

The Lakers traded for Nash and gave up 2 1st and. 2 2nd round picks to get Nash for a whopping 65 games in 3 seasons.

They need to quit making bad trades to placate their star players who are not GM’s. And they need to freakin figure out a way to develop their own players into all stars instead of trading them to other teams where they become all stars later.

Maybe if they work on that they wouldn’t have to make so many bad trades chasing other teams all stars.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and you’re assuming the guy is going to be right in the head to even make a difference on the team.

I say he doesn’t make that much of a difference for what they have to give up in picks and salary to justify trading for him.

If they want him, just wait until the off season and sign him when he’s a FA.

He doesn’t move the needle enough this season to make a difference and justify the cost to get him.

See, this has been the problem with the Lakers in the past and why they have wasted so many picks at the sacrifice of young talent.

They made the trade for Davis which cost them a boat load of picks and talented players. That got them the one championship ( which could be argued may not have happened had it not been in the bubble ). Since then, the Lakers have gotten the Davis everyone knew he was- a talented player that can’t stay healthy long enough to help the team.

In the process they gave up 2 all star players and a boatload of picks that would’ve had this as a legit contender now instead of floundering outside of play-in game territory.

The Westbrook trade has been a disaster as well, to the point there is now talk of making another bad trade just to get rid of him. They gave up their 2 best 3 pt shooters ( Kuzma and Pope ), for a guy that hits 30% from 3 for his career. Plus they gave away yet another 1st round pick. And who ended up being the best player in the trade? Kuzma

The Lakers traded for Nash and gave up 2 1st and. 2 2nd round picks to get Nash for a whopping 65 games in 3 seasons.

They need to quit making bad trades to placate their star players who are not GM’s. And they need to freakin figure out a way to develop their own players into all stars instead of trading them to other teams where they become all stars later.

Maybe if they work on that they wouldn’t have to make so many bad trades chasing other teams all stars.
I have been saying many of these things you posted in this post way back when Magic was GM, ALR. DJ can tell you that much. Magic drafted all those players like Hart, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, and I believe Kuzma who are flourishing elsewhere. They lost out on Caruso and they all miss KCP three-shooting in many ways because Pelinka is overtly or covertly controlled by the deFacto GM, LeBron James until Jeannie stepped in and basically said "Enough"!! I suppose it is what it is and the Lakers will look really stupid if they do it again with a response to yet another cry from a psychotic, sociopath named Kyrie Irving that will be quietly encouraged by an aging LeBron James.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying many of these things you posted in this post way back when Magic was GM, ALR. DJ can tell you that much. Magic drafted all those players like Hart, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, and I believe Kuzma who are flourishing elsewhere. They lost out on Caruso and they all miss KCP three-shooting in many ways because Pelinka is overtly or covertly controlled by the deFacto GM, LeBron James until Jeannie stepped in and basically said "Enough"!! I suppose it is what it is and the Lakers will look really stupid if they do it again with a response to yet another cry from a psychotic, sociopath named Kyrie Irving that will be quietly encouraged by an aging LeBron James.
Yeah, Magic’s one HUGE mistake was taking Ball over Tatum.

Had they drafted him, there would be no need for all these other trades chasing stars.

Yes, I know they had just taken Ingram the year before, but I think hey could’ve found a way to play them together. No reason to pass on a superior talent for a PG with a jacked up shooting motion.