• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Liberation of the New York Yankees

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should they be like the other sports and not care at all?
Yes, cheaters put fans in the seats. Imagine if you had two leagues for all sports. A juicer's league and a clean league. Which one would have the more exciting games with better quality play?

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Aroid to make it back to the Yankees. The boos that will come on the road and at home will be an awesome sight. I think even if he hits .400 with 20 home runs in a month the people will still boo him and question the legitimacy and he deserves that. Every accomplishment he "earns" from here on out should be met with boos or not recognized at all. I think that will be bruising to Aroid since his ego is so large.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of touch for about 24 hours. What are you talking about?

This is about the pending suspension and the vastly increased financial flexibility the Yankees are going to have in the immediate aftermath (2014). :suds:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Aroid to make it back to the Yankees. The boos that will come on the road and at home will be an awesome sight. I think even if he hits .400 with 20 home runs in a month the people will still boo him and question the legitimacy and he deserves that. Every accomplishment he "earns" from here on out should be met with boos or not recognized at all. I think that will be bruising to Aroid since his ego is so large.
I think comments about A-Rod's ego are overstated. From everything I've seen and heard from him in these past 2-3 years, I agree he has a level of arrogance which most athletes who are surrounded by people telling them how great they are do. But I also think he's incredibly insecure and craves peoples' approval. I think he's very poorly managed and surrounded himself with terrible people. He's very poorly educated so he has to rely on these people to help him make good decisions and say the right things. Those people have failed him terribly as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod already has more money than God so I don't mind if he keeps getting more. I've said it before, Yankee hubris got them into this debacle. They thought this guy would break the all time HR record and they wanted to make sure he was in a Yankee uniform when it happened. They 100% knew what was going on, there is no way you make that type of investment without knowing every single detail of this persons life. I hope they are stuck with the contract. I don't hate the Yankees but they can go eff themselves with this whole situation.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think comments about A-Rod's ego are overstated. From everything I've seen and heard from him in these past 2-3 years, I agree he has a level of arrogance which most athletes who are surrounded by people telling them how great they are do. But I also think he's incredibly insecure and craves peoples' approval. I think he's very poorly managed and surrounded himself with terrible people. He's very poorly educated so he has to rely on these people to help him make good decisions and say the right things. Those people have failed him terribly as well.

I don't buy this entirely. He surrounds himself with people who will tell him what he wants to hear, and if they don't he fires them and replaces them with people who will.

"Pride comes before the fall" and this guy is about to fall harder than anyone since Pete Rose, and he deserves it more than Pete actually.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they are stuck with the contract.

They won't be, not where it matters.

They may have to pay him, but they will collect insurance on every cent they pay him if he can't play. More importantly, if he is suspended his salary will not count against the 2014 luxury tax threshold of 189MM, which is the only thing in all of this that matters to the Yankees.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid to sign ANY player at age 32 to a 10 year contract at that worth.

You get like 2-3 of prime, and 7-8 years of decline.

It was a Bad investment no matter what. Clean or Dirty. For that, Yeah, I kinda feel like the Yankees SHOULD be on the hook for being dumb..

The Angles are also learning this fine lessen too.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's still his own person. Please don't try to pass the blame off on anyone but ARoid.... At the end of the day he does still know right from wrong.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy this entirely. He surrounds himself with people who will tell him what he wants to hear, and if they don't he fires them and replaces them with people who will.

"Pride comes before the fall" and this guy is about to fall harder than anyone since Pete Rose, and he deserves it more than Pete actually.
I couldn't possibly disagree more with this.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still his own person. Please don't try to pass the blame off on anyone but ARoid.... At the end of the day he does still know right from wrong.
Of course. I'm not trying to place blame elsewhere, it's *his* problem that he's so insecure and needs people around him to support him. It's *his* problem that he chooses those people so poorly. I'm not trying to make A-Rod a sympathetic figure, though I think a lot of people are overreacting to him.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we hear that A-Rod wants to be a 'role model'. What? The level of arrogance and dishonesty is beyond belief. I would love to see this clown gone from the game.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid to sign ANY player at age 32 to a 10 year contract at that worth.

You get like 2-3 of prime, and 7-8 years of decline.

It was a Bad investment no matter what. Clean or Dirty. For that, Yeah, I kinda feel like the Yankees SHOULD be on the hook for being dumb..

The Angles are also learning this fine lessen too.

At the time, he had a chance to break Hank Aaron's 755. Heck, he's only 115 from Bonds. If he can find a better dealer, he'd only ned to hit 38 HR in each of the last three years of his deal. And, if he's allowed to play next year, he'd only have to hit 29 each year...

That is a pretty good deal.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we hear that A-Rod wants to be a 'role model'. What? The level of arrogance and dishonesty is beyond belief. I would love to see this clown gone from the game.

This is why ARod is as hated as he is. He needs to just shut up and deal with the coming onslaught. If he'd just keep his mouth shut he'd be fine and people would learn to ignore him and his drama. However, when things start to come out about him he starts to do this BS and say things that puts a target on his back. It would be good for the game to get rid of him forever, but maybe if all else fails maybe 1-2 years timeout will do Aroid some good and make him a more humble person.....:noidea:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sandy.

If he's so worried about Wieters bolting, maybe he should go to his owner and tell him to offer Wieters one of those long-term, team-friendly extensions that are all the rage these days. Like the one they just gave Adam Jones.

Maybe he should also try and look around him. Baltimore is not the small market Peter Angelos wants everyone to believe it is. It's a very strong market, which is why Angelos didn't want a team in DC. He wanted all that revenue to himself. He's also one of the wealthiest owners in the league. He could easily carry a $150-$180M payroll, but he doesn't want anyone to know that because that would mean less free money in his pocket and the inability to point the finger at the Yankees and Red Sox.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sandy.

If he's so worried about Wieters bolting, maybe he should go to his owner and tell him to offer Wieters one of those long-term, team-friendly extensions that are all the rage these days. Like the one they just gave Adam Jones.

Maybe he should also try and look around him. Baltimore is not the small market Peter Angelos wants everyone to believe it is. It's a very strong market, which is why Angelos didn't want a team in DC. He wanted all that revenue to himself. He's also one of the wealthiest owners in the league. He could easily carry a $150-$180M payroll, but he doesn't want anyone to know that because that would mean less free money in his pocket and the inability to point the finger at the Yankees and Red Sox.

Well said, couldn't agree more.