• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Liberation of the New York Yankees

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming this week...compliments of commissioner Bud Selig.

Thank You Bud!!!!:clap:

Goodbye to the worst contract ever and the worst cheater.

Enjoy the conspiracy theories to follow.

:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of touch for about 24 hours. What are you talking about?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been common knowledge ARoids been a juicer since H.S.

Yankee fans are now trying to act like they were "Duped"? You were all hanging from his jock as long as he played like an all-star. Now that he's not a hitting machine, now comes the calls to void his contract?

I hope the Yankees have to pay every cent of it. Especially after their sleazy move of continuing to make the Rangers pay part of his salary for years while on the Yankees.

Yankees love their juicers, especially with that little league outfield at your new stadium.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are their rumors Selig is going to void the contract? If so, I'm not hearing them.

As much as I dislike the Yankees, I dislike A-Rod more and would love to see him get the contract voided and a death penalty.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he takes the deal to sit out for this year and next, that still leaves years on his contract. Is there wording in the contract that lets the team void it for a drug ban?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARoids a lowlife of a human being, but still want the Yankees on the hook for his contract.

Lifetime ban would be sweet, but I find this entire situation ridiculous. The guy has been juicing since entering the league, but only now at 37 and his body wrecked from the decades of juice. Now MLB wants to charge him with something? Total farce.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves a lifetime ban. Even if he comes back from a 1-2 year suspension he'll still be juicing. He just can't stay away from the stuff.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for MLB and the Yankees. So why don't they make him just go away? What are they afraid of? And don't tell me it's the player's union.

Are they afraid with a death penalty this guy will start singing like Jose Canseco has for years?

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the day so many Yankees fans on CBS tried to challenge me about my statements that there have been long standing rumors within the South Florida baseball community about A*Roids using since high school.

LOL at them now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really going to happen? Is the Player's Union going to allow A-rods contract to be voided? I highly doubt that. Either that or they will make the Yankees pay him a huge chunk of money and then let him go.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullet

arodcover1.gif

Dodged.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been common knowledge ARoids been a juicer since H.S.

Yankee fans are now trying to act like they were "Duped"? You were all hanging from his jock as long as he played like an all-star. Now that he's not a hitting machine, now comes the calls to void his contract?

I hope the Yankees have to pay every cent of it. Especially after their sleazy move of continuing to make the Rangers pay part of his salary for years while on the Yankees.

Yankees love their juicers, especially with that little league outfield at your new stadium.
Man, this is some childish shit right here. Common knowledge he's been juicing since high school? I don't find that to be common knowledge. The only person I've ever heard say that is Selena Roberts, and that pig has even less credibility than A-Rod, which is very hard to accomplish.

Sleazy move making the Rangers pay? Are you not aware of how baseball works? Teams pay money to get players off their roster ALL THE TIME. It happens nearly any time a highly-paid player is traded. The Rangers actively decided they'd rather pay him to play somewhere else. By all accounts, it was the right move.

Yankees love juicers? Every team had plenty of them. More than enough to go around. All teams love players who can produce and bring in fans. As the steroid era showed, the owners were more than willing to look the other way for the sake of their ticket sales. So were writers and fans for that matter.

You clearly have some very immature hang-up over the Yankees. They're just a baseball team, Kiddo. Get a hold of yourself.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are their rumors Selig is going to void the contract? If so, I'm not hearing them.

As much as I dislike the Yankees, I dislike A-Rod more and would love to see him get the contract voided and a death penalty.
Selig has no power whatsoever to void contracts. They're legal agreements between the team and the player.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is some childish shit right here. Common knowledge he's been juicing since high school? I don't find that to be common knowledge. The only person I've ever heard say that is Selena Roberts, and that pig has even less credibility than A-Rod, which is very hard to accomplish.

Sleazy move making the Rangers pay? Are you not aware of how baseball works? Teams pay money to get players off their roster ALL THE TIME. It happens nearly any time a highly-paid player is traded. The Rangers actively decided they'd rather pay him to play somewhere else. By all accounts, it was the right move.

Yankees love juicers? Every team had plenty of them. More than enough to go around. All teams love players who can produce and bring in fans. As the steroid era showed, the owners were more than willing to look the other way for the sake of their ticket sales. So were writers and fans for that matter.

You clearly have some very immature hang-up over the Yankees. They're just a baseball team, Kiddo. Get a hold of yourself.
ImSmartherThanYou.

You know I live in Miami. I actually mentioned before the Selena Roberts story that there had been some longtime rumors in the South Florida baseball community that A*Roids had been using some time after he was gone from Columbus and went to Westminster. This had been talked about for years. His buddy Mientewics was also rumored about it too.

You can say that the first time you heard about it was when Roberts broke the story, but I can tell you that it's been a whisper for years down here, since he was in high school.

And does it really matter at this point? Whether it was Roberts or the coaches at Columbus High School or whoever that were the source, can you really question their credibility now with A*Roids constant connections with PEDs? This guy did not start when he was in MLB. He had access to it back in high school. It's insane to dismiss it considering that this is a kid who was allowed by a private school to leave their prominent baseball program for a rival private high school. If he was so good when Columbus had him, you can check with anybody in Miami, Columbus would have never let him get away. This is clearly someone that wasn't so super that became super when he went to another school and starting being around other PED user teammates.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to my previous message...Whether it was Roberts or the coaches at Columbus High School or whoever that were the source, can you really question their credibility now with A*Roids constant connections with PEDs? This guy did not start when he was in MLB. Or even teammates at Westminster. A*Roids uses, has used, has been tied to it multiple times.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all fair. I'm not a part of that community and local scene, so I don't doubt there's potential validity to it, but it had never made its way up to me, or to the national attention in general, until Roberts' book. Selena Roberts was the first I heard of it. That doesn't necessarily mean it's patently false, but it's not a good start, considering how little credibility and journalistic integrity she has.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll add this in regard to A*Roids and the teams that he's played for.

Does anyone really think that team scouts don't have insider information or even have heard about rumors regarding a player? If you believe that, you definitely belong in some fantasy world.

Just because a fan isn't aware of a story does not mean that it isn't true or common knowledge within the baseball community - especially the MLB community. Is anyone so blind that they think that every MLB team that scouted A*Roids out of high school didn't know he was using or that there were at least heavy rumors that he was using? I'm sorry, but they knew. The Mariners drafted him any way and the Rangers and Yankees picked him up afterward with full knowledge of what they were getting.

Same thing with Ryan Braun. Anyone really think that the Brewers didn't know something about Braun when he was with the U.M. Hurricanes? As many PED users that were on his team? Really? You're a fool if you think that. Not to throw shit out there about one of our local boys, but anyone notice how Gaby Sanchez, one of Braun's U.M. teammates, has fallen off the map too? We know that his dad was a defensive asshole who wouldn't accept failure, just like Andy Pettite's dad was. Oops...wait...maybe I should have waited until Sanchez is tied to something too like the other U.M. teammates. Never mind. forget that I said it. Wait until there is a report on him.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ baseball pretending to care about cheaters when its turned a blind eye to the vast majority of cheating for more than a century. Hell, there are several cheaters in the Hall of Fame.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ baseball pretending to care about cheaters when its turned a blind eye to the vast majority of cheating for more than a century. Hell, there are several cheaters in the Hall of Fame.
Should they be like the other sports and not care at all?

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll add this in regard to A*Roids and the teams that he's played for.

Does anyone really think that team scouts don't have insider information or even have heard about rumors regarding a player? If you believe that, you definitely belong in some fantasy world.

Just because a fan isn't aware of a story does not mean that it isn't true or common knowledge within the baseball community - especially the MLB community. Is anyone so blind that they think that every MLB team that scouted A*Roids out of high school didn't know he was using or that there were at least heavy rumors that he was using? I'm sorry, but they knew. The Mariners drafted him any way and the Rangers and Yankees picked him up afterward with full knowledge of what they were getting.

Same thing with Ryan Braun. Anyone really think that the Brewers didn't know something about Braun when he was with the U.M. Hurricanes? As many PED users that were on his team? Really? You're a fool if you think that. Not to throw shit out there about one of our local boys, but anyone notice how Gaby Sanchez, one of Braun's U.M. teammates, has fallen off the map too? We know that his dad was a defensive asshole who wouldn't accept failure, just like Andy Pettite's dad was. Oops...wait...maybe I should have waited until Sanchez is tied to something too like the other U.M. teammates. Never mind. forget that I said it. Wait until there is a report on him.
This is very true. Not just baseball and PEDs but all pro athletes and all of their vices and for some sexual orientation. A lot of things get swept under the rug because of what that player produces on the field. It usually only becomes an issue when said player stops producing. Then the teams act like they're the victim.