• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Left Field Championship Belt

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if the disparity were that great, but it's not. The disparity is actually in the opposite direction.

The second part really isn't true.

It must change at some level then, maybe just the big league level, coaches do it in little league, HS, College, Alex Gordon, Castellanos are two examples off the top of my head who seem like pretty good athletes, with Gordon's arm, maybe they will move him to RF.

Pros must be able to go to right field more, because of what? being a touch later on the best fastballs or tend to go with the pitch more. Those numbers of balls hit to LF and RF are pretty impressive if true.

Then, you were correct...LF is the weakest defensive spot...guess thats why they moved Damon there, lol.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought RF was the least important defensive position on the field...guess LF took the title over.

Yeah in little league or softball...not in the majors....you put your guys with an arm in RF....put the jhonny damons, andy dirks and alphonso sorianos of the world in LF.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Yawkey used to think that way when he owned the team, but what's happened since his demise is strong evidence that he was wrong.

The Red Sox have been stron defensively as well as offensively since then, and have won 2 World Series in 9 years compared to ZERO in the previous 86. Coincidence? I strongly doubt that!

Defense and offense... I feel like once again there's a really important part of the game you're ignoring in that overall analysis of team strength. Since we're talking about coincidences, I don't think it's a coincidence that in those 86 years only one pitcher went into the Hall of Fame wearing a Red Sox cap (and he had more success as a Philadelphia A).

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Queaves....I am sure what you said was incitefull, but you know I still have you on Ignore, right?....odd, happen to be postin after I have...getting a bit creepy with you following me around, almost as bad as the Tool Man...I can see why you two cuddle afterwords, you really care about each other, thats sweet and don't give that up because its special and rare too...

thanks again for your astute baseball insight,

I am sure it said LF gets the speed guys and RF gets the stronger arms and more power hitters....thus in HS, College and lower minors those guys are playing CF, SS, 1B, 3B and Catcher.....examples....Wil Meyers, Castelanos...etc...after they fully develop physically.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Yawkey used to think that way when he owned the team, but what's happened since his demise is strong evidence that he was wrong.

The Red Sox have been stron defensively as well as offensively since then, and have won 2 World Series in 9 years compared to ZERO in the previous 86. Coincidence? I strongly doubt that!

Wow. You're a crazy person. These are the ramblings of a complete loon. Way to go with that.

No, he is right. They hadn't had a good defensive Left Fielder until they signed Manny Ramirez.

Has anyone noticed they haven't won a World Series since he left?

Coincidence???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta's outfield for the last couple of years is a good example of the importance of the different positions. Range and glove/fastest guy goes in center (Bourn, BJ Upton), Best Arm/good defender goes in right (Heyward), whoever is left goes into left (Prado, J-Up, whoever isn't broken off the bench).

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta's outfield for the last couple of years is a good example of the importance of the different positions. Range and glove/fastest guy goes in center (Bourn, BJ Upton), Best Arm/good defender goes in right (Heyward), whoever is left goes into left (Prado, J-Up, whoever isn't broken off the bench).
On a similar note, I really liked how they split the gold gloves up by each specific position. Now if only they could actually give the gold gloves to the right players...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013-2014 Bryce Harper
2015-Present Starling Marte