• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Den of Thieves. I'd read that there were more than a few elements of the movie that were "inspired" by Heat, and indeed there are. It was pretty predictable, and the ending left a bit to be desired... but not to the point where the movie was entirely un-entertaining. I'd give it a C+

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother.

Wow......just wow. Maybe the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Plot-bad. Acting-bad. Very disappointed. 0 rating. May never watch another movie with Jennifer Lawrence or Javier Bardem again. I’m getting pissed/sad just thinking about it again.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother.

Wow......just wow. Maybe the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Plot-bad. Acting-bad. Very disappointed. 0 rating. May never watch another movie with Jennifer Lawrence or Javier Bardem again. I’m getting pissed/sad just thinking about it again.

The movie is obviously not for everyone. It probably had the most frantic pace especially in the last third of the movie, than anything I've seen in a long time.

Definite references to Rosemary's Baby and Christ. I liked the acting and though Jennifer Lawrence was pretty good.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolores Claiborne.

Bates not getting an Oscar for that is the reason the Oscars are full of shit.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother.

Does JLaw get naked at all in it?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolores Claiborne.

Bates not getting an Oscar for that is the reason the Oscars are full of shit.

According to Google it's a 1995 movie. So obviously it's not. A lot of my favorites haven't gotten Oscars over the years. That doesn't make it shit.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 strong. Not bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT

Meh. I am not a huge horror flick fan, though, so...

5/10

Kingsmen: The Golden Circle

The thing I loved about the first movie was that it balanced perfectly between spy flick and farce. It had the perfect amount of stupid. While I enjoyed this one, it did not enjoy that same balance. It went WAY past the stupid line.

6.5/10

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazil: 4/5 stars. I'm not positive, but it might just have the single best cinematic portrayal of death-by-drowning-in-shit

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Phantom Thread yesterday. A very slow meticulous picture. As usual, Daniel Day Lewis is spectacular as the over picky, and often contentious, garment maker. At times, no one can tolerate him. Both the pic and Lewis garnered Academy Award nominations today, though neither will win.

Probably too slow for the average person. Definitely needed some editing, but still a class production. Good work by the 2 women that play the supporting roles. Total unknowns.

Not necessarily a satisfying ending. One major question never really answered. B+

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 2 out of 5 stars. This was one where all of the good stuff was shown in the previews. In my opinion, it lacked the fun of the original.

Just Bring It

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
Rating: 5/10

The first one was so much better, but I did get a few laughs in.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love & Mercy: 1/5 stars. God only knows how much I wanted to like this film. It had a chronicle of a young Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys' early career and the process it took to make 'Pet Sounds.' It had 'Smile' and its collapse. It had old Brian Wilson. It chronicled Wilson's relationship with Eugene Landy. It didn't go soft on Landy, it portrayed him as the monster he was, and psychiatry as the force of oppression it often is wielded as. It had Paul Giamatti. It had Bill Camp as Murry Wilson. Bill fucking Camp, and the movie was still pretty terrible.

I liked the beginning with the making of 'Pet Sounds.' The rest sucked. And I really only liked that part because I like the real life 'Pet Sounds.' If this movie wasn't a biopic, and was pure fiction, I wouldn't have given a shit about that either.

Paul Dano was decent in his portrayal of young Brian. Cusack was good in his portrayal of old Brian. And this may be no fault of either actors', but Brian just comes off annoying to me. And sort of so did Elizabeth Banks' portrayal of Wilson's girlfriend (Banks, much like Dano and Cusack, was decent enough- I just kind of didn't like her character). Her love seemed real, but still forced to me as it was portrayed in the film. Like she was more in love with the thought of being in love with Brian than she actually was in love with him, but never realized it.

The biggest disappointment to me was how negative it was. Obviously, Brian Wilson's real life was surely full of trials and tribulations, but for a film entitled "Love and Mercy," it did nothing to inspire either feelings in me.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Day For The Cut

Revenge movie. Not bad. Not great.

11/18

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to see “The Post” with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, in a theater in Hagerstown, Maryland last week. Having lived through the Vietnam War (U.S. Navy 1965-1969) the story line was very meaningful to me. I knew of the characters that they portrayed and were involved with. I throughly enjoyed it and it kept my attention, even though a bit lengthy. Acting was superb, as would be expected, even though I am not a fan of the political views of some of the actors. I try not to let that influence me as to whether or not I spend money on a movie that I choose to see. I hear that it may be up for awards. I soon want to see that new movie “Hostiles,” being a big western fan all my life. It is in that same theater now and I usually go to the early matinee.

Last edited: