• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Theory of Everything last weekend. Possible the most boring movie I've ever seen. I don't understand how Eddie Redmayne won the Oscar for Best Actor. Keaton was robbed.

Have not seen either movie but a friend who has seen both said the exact same thing.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Chappie. Annoying movie. I give it a D.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Margot Robbie full frontal. She's smokin' hot.

Don't think I could pick her out of the crowd of naked women in that movie to be honest with you. I'll look her up.

Watched the Hunger games, Mockingjay pt 1 last night with the girlie. Not crazy about being left hanging for a year or two while they make the last part of the trilogy, but we have liked all 3 episodes so far.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I could pick her out of the crowd of naked women in that movie to be honest with you. I'll look her up.

Watched the Hunger games, Mockingjay pt 1 last night with the girlie. Not crazy about being left hanging for a year or two while they make the last part of the trilogy, but we have liked all 3 episodes so far.

She's Leo D's girl in the movie.

I've seen the first two Hunger Games movies. I liked them. Divergent was slow and I doubt I'll see the second one.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven't liked "funny" Sandler since Happy Gilmore. Wedding Singer was OK, but WAY over-rated. His serious stuff has been pretty good though. Spanglish was great. I would have loved to see what he would have done with the Bear Jew in Inglorious Basterds (he was originally cast, but had to back out due to scheduling).

I still rate Blended as probably a 3.5/10. It was just kind of feel-good, and the IRL song with his kids at the end put a smile on my face.

Isn't Sandler quite a few inches shorter than Brad Pitt? Was he he going to play it as the baby bear whose porridge was just right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Sandler quite a few inches shorter than Brad Pitt? Was he he going to play it as the baby bear whose porridge was just right?
I never got the sense that we were supposed to believe that the Bear Jew was a big guy. Roth is only 6' IRL, so it isn't like he was towering. His name was meant for intimidation purposes, not actuality.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got the sense that we were supposed to believe that the Bear Jew was a big guy. Roth is only 6' IRL, so it isn't like he was towering. His name was meant for intimidation purposes, not actuality.

I'd find it easier to believe that we weren't supposed to think that he was a big guy if I hadn't heard that Roth packed on 30-40 pounds of muscle to play the role. Plus I don't know if you've met many actors in person, but 6 feet is pretty close to towering by Hollywood standards.

And in the movie wasn't it the Nazis that gave him the nickname? Why would they be trying to intimidate themselves?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd find it easier to believe that we weren't supposed to think that he was a big guy if I hadn't heard that Roth packed on 30-40 pounds of muscle to play the role. Plus I don't know if you've met many actors in person, but 6 feet is pretty close to towering by Hollywood standards.

And in the movie wasn't it the Nazis that gave him the nickname? Why would they be trying to intimidate themselves?
I hadn't seen the movie in a while, so I don't recall that the nazis gave him the nic, but I will trust they did.

I hadn't heard that Roth packed on lbs for the role. If he did, it was lost on me. He didn't LOOK huge in the movie. I got the sense that they made a presentation of his killings, though, with him staying away until he was called, and then slowly entering while tapping the bat to increase fear.

While I grant that Verne Troyer would not have been able to pull off the role, I do feel that just about any body type would have been able to get it done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Keanu Reeves has much else to do. Also, you get the feeling that these type of movies (brooding old rogue American shooting up everything) do really well overseas.

.....seems to be working for Liam Néeson.....?!

I feel bad for both of these actors. Both lost their wives. Keanu's died right after she delivered a stillborn baby.

Terribly sad.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels' Share on Netflix. Not too serious Scottish whiskey heist to escape poverty tale. Entertaining but nothing special.