• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good! DDL is stellar. He's a huge prick in the movie, but he portrays it well.

Very good movie, and DDL was great. I wasn't thrilled by the abrupt ending, but you can't have everything. I didn't know that it was an Anderson flick; he has directed some of my favorites.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't gotten around to watching There Will Be Blood yet... Keep forgetting about it. But I've heard nothing but great reviews on it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her

6/10

Awkward. Contrived. Awkward. The acting was good and the cast was impressive, but the writing and story were just too far fetched for me. Samantha was WAY too "personal" upon initial boot. If they started her off more "robotic" at first, and she developed the personality and the relationship built from there, then maybe I would have "bought in" more. As it was, she had a full-fledged personality right out of the box, and I couldn't buy into that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her

6/10

Awkward. Contrived. Awkward. The acting was good and the cast was impressive, but the writing and story were just too far fetched for me. Samantha was WAY too "personal" upon initial boot. If they started her off more "robotic" at first, and she developed the personality and the relationship built from there, then maybe I would have "bought in" more. As it was, she had a full-fledged personality right out of the box, and I couldn't buy into that.

I liked it if only because if you walk about town these days everyone seems to be talking to their smartphones all ready.

Well that and Samantha smoky voice.

<spoiler>

I also liked her personal growth and exploration as it developed even to the point of having an affair with the cybernetic Ram Dass

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her

6/10

I think its closer to an A-. I felt like it was taking jabs at modern hipsters and people who spend too much time on the internet but also tried to mix that with real science fiction. Its a movie that tries to make you uncomfortable to set up good scenes yet does a poor job or keeping you entertained throughout. As technology moves more towards private spaces, it does enable us to be really awkward and the movie does a good job showing that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to watching The Avengers last night. I enjoyed it so much, I'm planning on going to see the sequel opening night.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to watching The Avengers last night. I enjoyed it so much, I'm planning on going to see the sequel opening night.

I loved it. Best super hero movie ever made, imo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't gotten around to watching There Will Be Blood yet... Keep forgetting about it. But I've heard nothing but great reviews on it.

Finally watched it... DDL did a great job. Kind of drawn out but still good. 8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fury

8/10

Awesome movie. Would definitely recommend it. It isn't like many war films, but it speaks volumes by painting a darker picture of the war. Reminds me of Saving Private Ryan.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August - Osage County.

Meryl Streep as an exdtremely bitter and pill addicted cancer victim.

Benedict Cumberpatch, Ewan McGregor.

It was pretty decent even if it also had Julia roberts.... Streep was great.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it. Best super hero movie ever made, imo.

I hope Hulk opens a can of whoop ass on Iron Man and his Hulk buster suit in Avengers 2.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her

6/10

Hmmm. 8 for me. I really enjoyed it.

August - Osage County.

Meryl Streep as an exdtremely bitter and pill addicted cancer victim.

Benedict Cumberpatch, Ewan McGregor.

It was pretty decent even if it also had Julia roberts.... Streep was great.

Not a great movie but Streep was worth the price of admission. She still elevates everything she's in. Chris Cooper was very good too.