• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragon Day

A low budget movie on Prime (they have a BUNCH of very low budget movies). It reminded me of the original Red Dawn, in a way.

The movie centers on a man and his family who happen to be vacationing in his late grandfather’s cabin to the mountains. There is some unnecessary (and frankly plot-holey) centered around the cabin that just felt off, but it wasn’t too big of a story device, so it could be ignored. While the family gets to the cabin, America gets hacked by someone (it is explained) which essentially causes a nationwide EMP (it isn’t an EMP, but it causes almost the same effect).

It is actually a pretty decent extrapolation of what could cause such a thing and what may happen after. The acting is suspect, of course, as you get with super low budget movies, but there is one decent sized name in a small, but important part (Scooty McNeary).

For what it is, I will give it a 7.5/10. Not grading on a curve, I would probably give it a 5.75/10 (Acting and film quality are pretty bad).

I basically recommend it as long as you go in understanding it is a low budget film.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to take movies made from books with a grain of salt. If you were really invested in the book, the movie is generally going to disappoint you. That said, I never read I am Legend but enjoyed the movie.

Another one is the Bourne series. I actually really enjoy the movies but they are pretty much nothing like the books, which I also enjoyed

Agreed.. and that is one of the few that come to mind where both were very enjoyable, even though 1 didn't mirror the other.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.. and that is one of the few that come to mind where both were very enjoyable, even though 1 didn't mirror the other.

I love how people whine about movies not being as good as books... It would be very sad if it was the other way around... i mean you dedicate an average of 2 hrs for a movie, while you dedicate a week for a book...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Sunday:

Patton - love it even if the tanks aren't correct.

The Blue Max - I remember when this was in the theatres in 1966. My Mom thought I'd love it but it had that damn black panther restricted rating because of Ursula showing a nipple once so I had to wait a few years till it came to our drive-in one summer..

The Martian - Halfway through but loving it too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And last night, Quigley Down Under...

Nice to see a Yank go teach the Aussie how to respectfully treat indigenous folk, just like they (we?) did.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonfall.

It was awful. Worst movie I've seen since The Room or Twinkletoes. Big budget muddled mess of horrible dialogue, settings and spaghetti at the wall storyline. Fantastic. Watch it while faded.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,617.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncharted. I enjoyed it for what it was. It’s a movie that you’ll like if you enjoyed the National Treasure movies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost City

Better than I expected, but still not very good.

I went in not really knowing much about it, except that it starred Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. That’s about all. The cast is slightly more impressive than that, and that made it a bit more enjoyable.

Overall, if you have nothing else to do and you want a super light, stupid movie that you can get distracted from and not be too upset about, this is a decent option.

Minor warning…. There is a mid-credit scene. It is stupid, but it is there. But if you care, don’t turn off the movie the second the credits start to roll.

4/10

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those movies I can say nothing bad about.

T2.

Great movie. Truly.

I always say when I watch one of "these" that it is the best series of this "sort" going.

Of course I say similar when I watch Aliens or Predator.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,617.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those movies I can say nothing bad about.

T2.

Great movie. Truly.

I always say when I watch one of "these" that it is the best series of this "sort" going.

Of course I say similar when I watch Aliens or Predator.
One of the rare movies that I feel that the sequel was better than the original.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dry (on Showtime)....Australians are just Americans who drive on the wrong side of the road and say "mate" a lot. Pretty good.

Anyone who wants more Australian detective flicks, I'd recommend the "Mystery Road" TV movie series, which is like "Longmire" with people driving on the wrong side of the road and saying "mate" a lot.

Mystery Road:

Mystery-Road-beach_1140x815.jpg

Longmire:

longmire-katee-sackhoff-robert-taylor.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dry (on Showtime)....Australians are just Americans who drive on the wrong side of the road and say "mate" a lot. Pretty good.

Anyone who wants more Australian detective flicks, I'd recommend the "Mystery Road" TV movie series, which is like "Longmire" with people driving on the wrong side of the road and saying "mate" a lot.

Mystery Road:

Mystery-Road-beach_1140x815.jpg

Longmire:

longmire-katee-sackhoff-robert-taylor.jpg
You know Robert Taylor (the actor who played Longmire) is an Aussie…

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1653582861459.png
Decent move. Hugh Grant did a solid job with his character.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost City wasn't bad
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore better than the last sequel

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically I boycotted any and all Will Smith movies because I really really hated the movie "called" I Am Legend. It butchered the book so bad I still wonder to this day why they even used its name? Then when I found out he produced Cobra Kai and the Bel-Air remake I thought all is forgiven and at the very least I can be neutral towards him. Then the Oscar incident happened, lol. I don't dislike him like I used to but now I definitely don't want to watch any movies he's starring in.

Yeah I am legend was different. By a lot

I did love his manly ending. But yeah it 100% was not even close to the book.

Belair looked so atrocious I never even gave it a chance