• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Apartment (1960)

Best Picture winner starring Jack Lemon, Fred McMurray and Shirley MacLaine. A fun little plot about a guy working in amongst a seaful of people in a NYC hi-rise, choosing to work his way up the ladder by lending his apartment out so his philandering bosses can have quickies. It has some nice humor, good story and well-acted.

A

Great flick.. it helps if you can imagine a 1960-ish mindset when watching.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiverse of madness. Meh, decent but not nearly as "horror" based as people were saying it was.

Watching Jim halpert getting unwound and then popping like a balloon was strangely hilarious.

Edit: I added the spoiler tag - cal

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Richard.. Very good.
I have exactly zero interest in watching any Smith work right now. I have actually made the conscious decision that I was not interested in him multiple times since. I did not make a conscious decision to boycott him, I just realized as I was looking for something to watch that I did not want to watch anything with him in it.

Mannyrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nightmare Alley". A noir psychological thriller. Bradley Cooper as a 1940s drifter who latches on with a carnival, develops a psychic act/scam and then goes out on his own with Rooney Mara as his assistant & lover. He gets involved with an audience member psychologist, Cate Blanchett, who has plans to use him and his skills for her own purposes. It should have been great with that cast, director and theme. But it was not great, imo. It wasn't bad and there were some fine performances, but it never really grabbed me.
I liked it, it was fun. I called the ending though about a half hour from the end though, pretty obvious.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have exactly zero interest in watching any Smith work right now. I have actually made the conscious decision that I was not interested in him multiple times since. I did not make a conscious decision to boycott him, I just realized as I was looking for something to watch that I did not want to watch anything with him in it.

It's not bad, mostly because the Williams' sisters story is so interesting.. and he's good in his role. It's just a basic biopic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bad, mostly because the Williams' sisters story is so interesting.. and he's good in his role. It's just a basic biopic.
I saw it before Smith’s break. It was OK. I was not blown away by the movie or Smith’s portrayal. Not good. Not bad. Forgettable.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it before Smith’s break. It was OK. I was not blown away by the movie or Smith’s portrayal. Not good. Not bad. Forgettable.

Meh, I'm a sucker for biopics. It has to be pretty bad for me to lose interest, especially those that cover them before they became famous. Hell, I just watched one about Tammy Faye Bakker. I've drawn the line at Spenser though. God rest her soul, but enough about Princess Diana.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

This is a general discussion thread. Absolutely NO spoilers, please. Even throw away ideas. For example, I have not seen a major movie that just opened this weekend and have (tried to) avoid all spoilers of the movie until I get a chance to see it. Now a potential big fan service aspect in the movie has been spoiled for me.

Lets be human to each other here, guys. Please.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm a sucker for biopics. It has to be pretty bad for me to lose interest, especially those that cover them before they became famous. Hell, I just watched one about Tammy Faye Bakker. I've drawn the line at Spenser though. God rest her soul, but enough about Princess Diana.
I haven’t seen Spencer or Tammy Faye yet. I may watch one or both, but I haven’t really had the pull yet.

I have nothing against biopics. They can be somewhat educational. But they are more often than not too dramatized to be able to trust.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know what the movie was about and to find out it was about Venus and Serena Williams as well as the father (Smith) was a pleasant surprise..

Overall I liked it.

Oh and my wife was fully in support of Smith wacking Chris Rock in support of his wife Jada Smith. ;)

Mannyrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

He’s really good.

I’m trying to think of the last role/movie he’s been bad in.

He was even good in justice league unlimited
He was awesome in Whiplash. He's been amazing since he played Schillinger in Oz.

Mannyrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw The Bad Guys this weekend, cute cartoon movie sort of like the Incredibles with animals.

The weekend before that we saw Everything Everywhere All at Once. Wow.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Duel

Fuckin shit that was brutal. Not the duel itself. Not that it wasn't brutal, it was, very much so. It didn't have shit though on how the knight's wife was treated after.....well, check it out. It's a good movie, good acting etc etc so on n so forth

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton. 19fucking70.

A 4KHDR effort on Disney+.

George C is superb. As is Karl Malden.

Tanks for sure aren't anatomically correct, only saw a Sherman in a news reel clip.

Still he defines the 'Merika war mind.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always happier when it's made up myself.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically I boycotted any and all Will Smith movies because I really really hated the movie "called" I Am Legend. It butchered the book so bad I still wonder to this day why they even used its name? Then when I found out he produced Cobra Kai and the Bel-Air remake I thought all is forgiven and at the very least I can be neutral towards him. Then the Oscar incident happened, lol. I don't dislike him like I used to but now I definitely don't want to watch any movies he's starring in.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically I boycotted any and all Will Smith movies because I really really hated the movie "called" I Am Legend. It butchered the book so bad I still wonder to this day why they even used its name? Then when I found out he produced Cobra Kai and the Bel-Air remake I thought all is forgiven and at the very least I can be neutral towards him. Then the Oscar incident happened, lol. I don't dislike him like I used to but now I definitely don't want to watch any movies he's starring in.

I tend to take movies made from books with a grain of salt. If you were really invested in the book, the movie is generally going to disappoint you. That said, I never read I am Legend but enjoyed the movie.

Another one is the Bourne series. I actually really enjoy the movies but they are pretty much nothing like the books, which I also enjoyed

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fishinabarrel
Not always. The Godfather and Harry Potter series were just as (or in Godfather's case) better than the book. With I Am Legend I knew with Smith's casting they were going to screw it up. All he ever plays is himself, the funny, charming, carasmatic, and likable guy. Richard Neville was nothing like that and sure enough Will didn't play the character he played himself.

Another factor was one of my brothers kept saying "who cares it won't take away from the book and will still be there." Yet when his fave book Watchmen was getting a movie he reacted the same way I did and it was "different" when I said all the same bullocks he said to me about my book, lol.

For the record he said he hated Watchmen yet saw it six times in cinema and bought both the theatrical and extended cuts of it. But he maintains to this day it wasn't good.