• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ultron because it really is the linchpin movie for EVERYTHING that happens in every movie after. It is the cause of the Sakovian Accords, which is the source of Civil War. Wanda plants the seeds that lead to all of Stark’s issues moving forward. It introduces Claw, who has a big part in all the Black Panther-related stuff.
Its not a particularly entertaining movie, though.

Hulk and the big Iron Man fight in a huge spectacle and probably the most entertaining thing in the movie but its more of a time filler than anything else. Ultron talks about the future but to me it would make sense for Ultron to gain everyone's trust and then ambush Thanos and take the Infinity Stones for himself. They allude to that in 'What if' so it clearly was something that they could've considered. Maybe thats part of his plan in 'Age of Ultron' but ultimately it just ends up being a pretty typical Xmen style baddie that wants to end the world and the heros and villains have to come together to defeat the supervillain and save the day.

Its not a bad movie but its also a one-and-done viewing for most people, I'd imagine.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still on my list of movies I need to watch.

As far as Ultron is concerned, I find myself liking Vision in that movie the more time passes and I dont like Quicksilver in that movie the more time passes. Its bad when those mediocre Xmen movies run circles around the MCU's interpretation of Quicksilver.

Part of the MCUs issue is that movies like Age of Ultron and Civil War have inappropriate titles that make those movies seem more epic than they are.
Agree about the Quicksilver’s. I thought the guy in the MCU version just isn’t a great actor in general. The guy in the X-Men version at least had some semblance of a personality.
Also agree about Civil War. The “Civil War” that lasts about 15-20 minutes is fun but the overall film itself I wasn’t a big fan of.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 'From Russia with Love' and 'Moonraker'. These seem to be on the opposite sides of the Bond experience. I'd say there are spoilers ahead but its Bond so you really should know the gist, tbh.

From Russia with Love is a very conventional, old flick. Very interesting camera angles to make up for its probable lack of budget but its visually interesting in many ways. It looks like a noir at some parts and the old 'murder on a train' stuff certainly isnt out of the ordinary. Classic movie and very conventional, would watch again. Really cements Bond's power as plot armor as this is one of the earlier ones and he gets out of situations he really shouldn't. The ending works, though. Girl saves Bond, Bond is able to avoid the shoe knife because he is tall and has reach.

Moonraker isn't terrible but its a bit too much for me. I'd say the highlight of the movie was the joke at the end about Bond going in for re-entry. Wouldn't watch this one again but it was okay. Generally the whole 'line up the lasers to hit the missiles' bit still has the villain alive in most other movies. They save it for the end and it just has no entertainment value at all.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t “free” on any of the services as far as I know. At least they weren’t when I was doing my marathon.

So I found the first 2 Hulk movies on Youtube in 4K.

Bana and Connelly was better than #2 with Norton and Tyler. Not because of Norton.

Is there a more vacant actor than Liv Tyler? I cannot stand her and when I watch LOTR and she has a created large role I want to skip right through her shit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I found the first 2 Hulk movies on Youtube in 4K.

Bana and Connelly was better than #2 with Norton and Tyler. Not because of Norton.

Is there a more vacant actor than Liv Tyler? I cannot stand her and when I watch LOTR and she has a created large role I want to skip right through her shit.
The Bana and Norton Hulks are not related. Those are two entirely separate films.

In the MCU, Norton was recast to Ruffalo.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bana and Norton Hulks are not related. Those are two entirely separate films.

In the MCU, Norton was recast to Ruffalo.
I realize they are separate films, I just watched them. And have seen Ruffalo as Hulk as well.

Was just saying I've now seen both those movies.

And how I preferred Bana and Connelly as a pair to Norton and Tyler. Cannot stand Tyler in anything.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize they are separate films, I just watched them. And have seen Ruffalo as Hulk as well.

Was just saying I've now seen both those movies.

And how I preferred Bana and Connelly as a pair to Norton and Tyler. Cannot stand Tyler in anything.
Sorry. A lot of people don’t realize that the Norton movie was unrelated to the Bana movie and think that Norton was a recast sequel of Bana. And when you referred to the Norton movie as “#2”, it appeared you were assuming they were related.

But yeah. Not many would argue that Tyler could compare with Connelly acting-wise. Tyler has a career purely, 100% because of dear old dad. Connelly earned her career.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barefoot. It's about an alkie, gambler who's estranged from his very wealthy family and working, unbeknownst to them, as a janitor at a mental hospital. He's in hock for $37k to the mob who just learned of his rich family.

He wasn't planning to go to his bro's upcoming wedding but decided to go and hit up his dad for the money and take a mental patient, played by Evan Rachael Wood along with him as his SO. He lied to his family about a relationship he does not have... he's a strip club regular too.

My wife recorded it, it sounded like a fun premise and Evan Rachael Wood is a good actress, so I figured why not. It was pretty bad overall, though not as bad as the woke mob of critics have said (14% on Rotten Tomatoes). They had big problems with the way it portrayed mental illness and their relationship. But there were a few decent bits. 4/10

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw 'From Russia with Love' and 'Moonraker'. These seem to be on the opposite sides of the Bond experience. I'd say there are spoilers ahead but its Bond so you really should know the gist, tbh.

From Russia with Love is a very conventional, old flick. Very interesting camera angles to make up for its probable lack of budget but its visually interesting in many ways. It looks like a noir at some parts and the old 'murder on a train' stuff certainly isnt out of the ordinary. Classic movie and very conventional, would watch again. Really cements Bond's power as plot armor as this is one of the earlier ones and he gets out of situations he really shouldn't. The ending works, though. Girl saves Bond, Bond is able to avoid the shoe knife because he is tall and has reach.
Unfortunately on many TV versions the fight scene on the train has been cut to death, leaving almost all of it on the cutting room floor. A great fight scene reduced to almost nothing.. A real loss. :(

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thieves' Highway (1949)
This is about small produce dealers who are "mostly" friendly competitors.
Richard Conte returns from the war, expecting to get back into the family business. He discovers his father had to sell off most of the business after an "accident". Lee Cobb is good as the not entirely honest rival. The movie has a fast pace, as most of it deals with the rivals trying to get apples to market ahead of each other.

A few side notes:
Joseph Pevney, who had a supporting role in this movie, later directed some classic Star Trek TOS episodes, including Arena, City on the Edge of Forever, and The Trouble with Tribbles.

I first found this movie at archive.org, but that copy had subtitles that were too intrusive. I tried all my other regular movie searches, without any luck. I was about to give when I decided to google

torrent Thieves Highway 1949

near the top of the first page, there's a YouTube link, relatively good quality. If you look closely, there's some oriental subtitles at the very bottom of the screen.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Red Notice yesterday. I enjoyed it and is easily one of the best movies Netflix has done. I thought that Rock and Ryan Reynolds had good chemistry together.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Henry

A quiet man and his son take in a wounded stranger near his homestead, along with a bag full of cash. The stranger claims he's a sheriff being pursued by outlaws, but the man can't be sure. 8/10

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Red Notice yesterday. I enjoyed it and is easily one of the best movies Netflix has done. I thought that Rock and Ryan Reynolds had good chemistry together.

Wasn’t even the best Netflix movie this month

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well-waiting.gif

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put this on last night but fell alseep not long into it. It was mostly just a bunch of frenetic action and chase scenes the bits I watched. A movie with those 3 as lead actors could be fun, but what I watched was pretty tedious. Does it get any better?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this on last night but fell alseep not long into it. It was mostly just a bunch of frenetic action and chase scenes the bits I watched. A movie with those 3 as lead actors could be fun, but what I watched was pretty tedious. Does it get any better?
It was pretty much that throughout. I enjoyed it for a mindless, fun action movie. A good background noise movie I would say.