• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Hardy is probably a top 10 male actor right now. He is the main reason to watch movies like Legend, Dark Knight Rises, and Venom, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was reading the first quote, I thought to myself - I don't remember Legend too well, but I recall not liking it. Also, Tom Hardy isn't that great now that I think about it.

Then I read these others and it appears I am in the minority. There are movies I like with him in it, but I don't particularly think I have ever watched him and thought he was an incredible actor.

Dark Knight Rises
Mad Max - though I do recall his voice being weird lol.
Peaky Blinders - Alfie is pretty fucking hilarious.
Warrior
Bronson - I honestly don't remember it too much, but I do recall it being my first Hardy encounter and my instinct is that I thought he did really good. Tough role too.

those are pretty good, but everything else he is either too small of a part to really care in my opinion or the movie just sucked.

Venom - terrible.
Dunkirk - very small role
Revenant - I honestly didn't like Tom Hardy in this movie. Leo was solid though.
Inception - small part
RocknRolla - I don't even remember him
You gotta be in the minority brother. Lol

I thought he was tremendous in The Revenant. A total soulless bastard, but tremendous. That is prolly LEOs best work, imo anyway. Or Gilbert Grape.

Haven't seen Venom. Dark Knight was my last comic movie. Best one I've ever seen and I've left it at that.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought he was tremendous in The Revenant. A total soulless bastard, but tremendous. That is prolly LEOs best work, imo anyway. Or Gilbert Grape.

Haven't seen Venom. Dark Knight was my last comic movie. Best one I've ever seen and I've left it at that.

And the Revenant is a weird one. I don't want to say Hardys acting was bad, because part of me thinks or at least wants to think it has to do with the character he was playing. Either way, I was not thrilled with it.

Venom is straight hot garbage. Honestly, I struggle thinking of a redeeming quality. He was solid as Bane, though I think it is weird because you can never really make him out, he doesn't really sound like himself, it is acting upon movement essentially and the movement is hit and miss to me. I do like the movie and I do like him as Bane and the way Bane was portrayed, but its just different.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is "This Boy's Life" too much of a hipster answer? I'll ponder it while I wax my moustache.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Taboo? Hardy is awesome in that

I have not. I googled it, its a TV show? Judging from some of the pictures and the hat, he seems like an eccentric character - much like I would say about Alfie in Peaky Blinders. I think he works better playing someone crazy lol.

Bronson, Alfie, Warrior - someone that is a little not right in the head, but able to still manage some form of conversation while also being pretty violent lol

I like him in roles like that.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piggybacking on this, I am not going to sit down and decided between them right now, but these are probably the top 4 Leo movies for me... (again, not in order)

Departed
Catch Me If You Can
Django
Wolf of Wall Street

Might catch heat, but I really liked The Great Gatsby version he did too.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not. I googled it, its a TV show? Judging from some of the pictures and the hat, he seems like an eccentric character - much like I would say about Alfie in Peaky Blinders. I think he works better playing someone crazy lol.

Bronson, Alfie, Warrior - someone that is a little not right in the head, but able to still manage some form of conversation while also being pretty violent lol

It was a BBC show that aired on fx in America. Set right after the war of 1812 in London and deals with the politics and criminal organizations of the city. I really enjoyed it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a BBC show that aired on fx in America. Set right after the war of 1812 in London and deals with the politics and criminal organizations of the city. I really enjoyed it.

Sounds a lot like Peaky Blinders lol, except that is set in the immediate post WWI era - UK.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Uncut Gems. Jesus that movie had me anxious and stressing out from start to finish.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Uncut Gems. Jesus that movie had me anxious and stressing out from start to finish.

It is wildly infuriating. It is a movie that when it was over was glad that I won't ever have to watch it again.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not quite as good as Peaky Blinders but not many things are imo

Yeah I find Peaky Blinders pretty frustrating lol. There are practically ZERO likeable characters in that show. Everyone is a piece of shit.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good movie. Leo and DeNiro are both really good.

Yep it is an excellent cast overall and they all deliver top notch work. I don't know if anyone was nominated for anything for it but it feels like they should have been.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've already got a commitment from him for "SportsHoopla: The Movie " :wink:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Revenant is a weird one. I don't want to say Hardys acting was bad, because part of me thinks or at least wants to think it has to do with the character he was playing. Either way, I was not thrilled with it.

Venom is straight hot garbage. Honestly, I struggle thinking of a redeeming quality. He was solid as Bane, though I think it is weird because you can never really make him out, he doesn't really sound like himself, it is acting upon movement essentially and the movement is hit and miss to me. I do like the movie and I do like him as Bane and the way Bane was portrayed, but its just different.
Didn't realize he was Bane when I saw it in theatres. The voice is all distorted and you can't see his face.

Prolly didn't realize it was him for a couple years tbh. Lol