• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad Astra

Beautiful.

That is all. The story is essentially non existent. But the imagery is very impressive.

4.5/10

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deliverance

Not as bad ass as I was expecting. I just need to accept that movies that are 40+ years old are generally really predictable.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deliverance

Not as bad ass as I was expecting. I just need to accept that movies that are 40+ years old are generally really predictable.
They are predictable because all movies since have copied those movies. Those movies were the trailblazers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad Astra

Beautiful.

That is all. The story is essentially non existent. But the imagery is very impressive.

4.5/10

Everytime someone mentions this movie I will continue to say.

It SUCKED. Like you said, visually appealing. But a travesty of a movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime someone mentions this movie I will continue to say.

It SUCKED. Like you said, visually appealing. But a travesty of a movie.
I don’t know that I would go so far as “it sucked”. It was just boring. The pacing was horrible. The characters were bland. The story was next to nonexistent. It just was.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Spider-Man Far From Home so now I'm caught up on MCU movies.

I liked this one quite a bit more than Homecoming. More Spider-Man tropes but in some ways they're subverted even to the point where the villain seems to come about as close to breaking the fourth wall as you can in this type of film.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Spider-Man Far From Home so now I'm caught up on MCU movies.

I liked this one quite a bit more than Homecoming. More Spider-Man tropes but in some ways they're subverted even to the point where the villain seems to come about as close to breaking the fourth wall as you can in this type of film.
i found spiderman into the spiderverse better than them both....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i found spiderman into the spiderverse better than them both....
I wasn't really a fan of the multiverse concept. I was a fan of the rest.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Art of Self Defense

lol this movie gave me mixed feelings. It was billed as a dark comedy which I'm always for but it never really pulled it off which is understandable since dark comedies are extremely difficult to do right (on a side note Very Bad Things IMO is still one of the best and underrated).

That said, it was pretty entertaining although I saw where it was going pretty quick and was waiting for some sort of a twist or for the dark comedic element to come, but it really never did. The setup and premise is good, but the second half of the movie falls flat and seemed to not really get where it wanted to go. I think the acting (Darth Maul actor played the sensei lol) was decent enough from all fronts. Poots, Eisenberg, and Nivola all did well in their respective roles.

I dunno... if the direction in the second half tightened up and actually went dark comedy it probably would've been great, but it setup for a dark comedy decently enough, and then never really went anywhere with it. Kind of left me with a "Uhhh... okay?" feeling at the end.

5/10 - worth a watch, but forgettable.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legend

Brit BioPic set in the 60's.

Tom Hardy as The Kray Brothers. Twins, Ronnie and Reggie, London Gangsters. One a bisexual paranoid schizophrenic, the other a dreamboat. Ronnie sounds a lot like Bane.

Told from the POV of Reggie's wife, it's not a Hollywood action gangster movie. But it was solid.

7/10

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legend

Tom Hardy as The Kray Brothers. Twins, Ronnie and Reggie, London Gangsters. One a bisexual paranoid schizophrenic, the other a dreamboat. Ronnie sounds a lot like Bane.

Told from the POV of Reggie's wife, it's not a Hollywood action gangster movie. But it was solid.

7/10
I think Tom hardy is one of the most underrated Actors around. & he can play all different types of roles well.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain he is very underrated. I think he is very well regarded.
well hope so.

Seems like though when he is in a movie with other names. You are always hearing about those other actors.

I enjoy all of his movies.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The In-Laws. Classic movie

Senor Pepe was robbed for the best supporting actor Oscar. Wasn't even nominated

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legend

7/10

I think Tom hardy is one of the most underrated Actors around. & he can play all different types of roles well.

I am not certain he is very underrated. I think he is very well regarded.

While I was reading the first quote, I thought to myself - I don't remember Legend too well, but I recall not liking it. Also, Tom Hardy isn't that great now that I think about it.

Then I read these others and it appears I am in the minority. There are movies I like with him in it, but I don't particularly think I have ever watched him and thought he was an incredible actor.

Dark Knight Rises
Mad Max - though I do recall his voice being weird lol.
Peaky Blinders - Alfie is pretty fucking hilarious.
Warrior
Bronson - I honestly don't remember it too much, but I do recall it being my first Hardy encounter and my instinct is that I thought he did really good. Tough role too.

those are pretty good, but everything else he is either too small of a part to really care in my opinion or the movie just sucked.

Venom - terrible.
Dunkirk - very small role
Revenant - I honestly didn't like Tom Hardy in this movie. Leo was solid though.
Inception - small part
RocknRolla - I don't even remember him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's great!

I just mentioned Bane because the one brother was a much deeper than normal voice. Hardy did incredible work in this as both brothers.