• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knives Out (2019)

B+

Talked my wife into Knives out instead of Cats.

Really enjoyed it. Hard to have a Who dun It with a good twist anymore.

Saw the Irishman day before. Good move would have been better with actors that were not in every damn Mob movie they become cliches of what we think are mobsters should be.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the new Jumanji. It is good for some good laughs. I liked how the incorporated new characters. Of course, Kevin Hart was hilarious.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncut Gems. It was good, Sandler was great.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it.

Sandler was awesome. KG was a lot of fun in it as well.
I think KG was good in it too. Sandler's girlfriend was good, I'm not sure I ever saw her again. The John Amos cameo may be my favorite of the year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRYING to watch Bridesmaides right now. I have heard from many sources that it was hilarious.

Well... Like I said, I am TRYING to watch it. Wow, is it bad so far. I really doubt I will finish it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Town. It's about a Boston gang and their heist exploits. The heist and action scenes were great, but not much else was. Ben Affleck directed and starred. He really should have used someone else for the lead, because his acting is sometimes distractingly bad and this was one of those cases imo. No clue how this got a 93% fresh on RT... different strokes? 6/10

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Town. It's about a Boston gang and their heist exploits. The heist and action scenes were great, but not much else was. Ben Affleck directed and starred. He really should have used someone else for the lead, because his acting is sometimes distractingly bad and this was one of those cases imo. No clue how this got a 93% fresh on RT... different strokes? 6/10
for a good example of a movie he directed and didn't star, I recommend Gone Baby Gone. (2007)
Coincidentally, it also takes place in Boston. A 4 year old girl gets kidnapped from less than ideal parents in a bad part of town. Casey Affleck has the lead role; Morgan Freeman was exceptional. I haven't seen the movie in over five years and that still stands out.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a good example of a movie he directed and didn't star, I recommend Gone Baby Gone. (2007)
Coincidentally, it also takes place in Boston. A 4 year old girl gets kidnapped from less than ideal parents in a bad part of town. Casey Affleck has the lead role; Morgan Freeman was exceptional. I haven't seen the movie in over five years and that still stands out.
I was very underwhelmed by Gone Baby Gone. Of that series of books, I feel like Darkness, Take My Hand would’ve been much better.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked Gone Baby Gone. I liked his Argo too. This wasn't terrible. I just think it would have been better with a different lead and the gal who played his gf (hostage) wasn't great either. They just didn't have much chemistry, imo. I couldn't get behind the script's pov either.. portraying him, a thief willing to kill whoever gets in his way(though he wasn't as hardcore as Renner, who was excellent) as a sympathetic character. I guess he sort of redeemed himself at the end, though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Shot. Seth Rogan with another super hot blonde who's way out of his league. Sort of like Knocked Up, but much less believable. Charlize Theron this time, as secretary of state/presidential candidate and ex-babysitter of writer Rogan, who runs into him and decides to make him her speech fixer-upper and eventually lover. Rogan simply plays his usual role and never gives us anything that would indicate why Theron would be interested in him romantically. It just doesn't work and the problem is Rogen. Theron, a great actress who can make just about anything work, is excellent and her ecstasy trip is the movie's highlight. 7/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Shot. Seth Rogan with another super hot blonde who's way out of his league. Sort of like Knocked Up, but much less believable. Charlize Theron this time, as secretary of state/presidential candidate and ex-babysitter of writer Rogan, who runs into him and decides to make him her speech fixer-upper and eventually lover. Rogan simply plays his usual role and never gives us anything that would indicate why Theron would be interested in him romantically. It just doesn't work and the problem is Rogen. Theron, a great actress who can make just about anything work, is excellent and her ecstasy trip is the movie's highlight. 7/10
Theron is the hottest African American in Hollywood.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midway.

I’d say it’s a B/B+

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad Astra -

ok. I like space/astronaut movies but the plot was average at best.

Little Women

Good movie. well written and acted. good family film.

Bombshell

Good movie too. The Fox News/Ailes "expose" started something. I can't help it but Margot Robbie is quite hot in the movie. ;)

The Rise of Skywalker

I liked it. Not perfect but hit the right chords. Even helped The Last Jedi look like it made more sense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Rambo: Last Blood - 2.5/5. The action scenes were solid but it definitely wasn’t a film that was needed in the saga. I felt like the previous one was a fine wrap up to the series.