• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting with my family.

Don't think about who produced it or what it is about.

Highly recommended. 9/10
When I watched the previews, I figured that was about the extent of Rock’s screentime. Was I right?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Gummo, a flick by Harmony Kormine (maker of Spring Breakers), I've caught a few of his flicks now and Spring Breakers was by far the best, I figured if I kept going back there would have been a reason he kept being able to make movies... none so far.

Did watch Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance before that so I could best enjoy the latest How Did This Get Made and before I got five minutes in, I was sold.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Killer

Entertaining. I like Submarine movies in general.
6/10

Now gonna be on my list. I'd never want to be on one but like the movies....

So Ièm not sure why exactly I never saw it when it was first on VHS but I like John Cusak and several here had said it was good.

Better Off Dead.

Better off not watched. I feel soiled for having done so.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

This shit still stands up. Multiple literal LOL moments.

9/10
first saw that movie when i was in fourth grade and my teacher was in fuck this mode and threw it on for the last half of the day.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now gonna be on my list. I'd never want to be on one but like the movies....

So Ièm not sure why exactly I never saw it when it was first on VHS but I like John Cusak and several here had said it was good.

Better Off Dead.

Better off not watched. I feel soiled for having done so.
It's no Das Boot, but 6 of 10 seems fair.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better off dead is a classic

I don't know if that video posted, i'm getting weird coding errors. hopefully it's just the computer update i did fucking things up.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well.....

I watched it less than 36 hours ago and I remain unimpressed.

A classic schnauzer maybe.
i'll choose to remember it fondly, been a while since i've seen it. classic 80s. K2, the sweet camaro, the asians that learned english via howard cosell? it plays.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first saw that movie when i was in fourth grade and my teacher was in fuck this mode and threw it on for the last half of the day.
I remember watching at about that age as well. I was at a summer day camp and they would have movie dy every Tuesday or something and this was a favorite that they would show. This was the early 80s. Hard to believe that Dumb and Dumber, today, is an older movie than MMMMW was when I watched it first.

Shit, I am old.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching at about that age as well. I was at a summer day camp and they would have movie dy every Tuesday or something and this was a favorite that they would show. This was the early 80s. Hard to believe that Dumb and Dumber, today, is an older movie than MMMMW was when I watched it first.

Shit, I am old.
This was the 90s for me. When I said second half of the day, i think it actually encompassed two days, as the second half was after lunch/recess and much shorter than the first half of the day... and it was a long movie.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Panther - I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to, not being a big comic book/super-hero movie fan. There was a lot of controversy about it being overpraised, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I was invested in the characters and look forward to see what they'll do with the sequel. Was it Oscar-worthy or the best comic book movie ever ? No & no. But it was a very good one. 8/10

Blackkklansman - Just the opposite. I'm not much of a Spike Lee fan, though I've liked a couple of his films and hoped that this would be one of his good ones. But this is classic Lee agit-prop. A disjointed plot where scenes are simply backdrops for whatever simplistic political points he's trying to hit us over the head with. Unrealistic 1-dimensional characters woodenly mouthing stereotypical foolishness. The acting was terrible with a couple of notable exceptions.. Laura Harrier as Patrice and Adam Driver as Flip.. though no idea why Driver's performance was considered oscar-nominee worthy. Denzel's son, John, plays the lead and whatever characteristics he inherited from his dad, acting ability wasn't one of them. But my mom and wife both loved it, so maybe the problem is me. Just terrible.. 2/10