• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Searching. Hard to say how I would grade it. I want to give it a 7/10 because I felt there was some questionable acting, but it came outside of the main characters. The way of story telling was interesting. I had watched that movie 'Unfriended' from like 2014 where the story is all told through the computer so I had an idea how it would work and wasn't a fan going in. However, Searching does it the right way. Story telling was not a problem at all in my opinion. Given the circumstances, you feel as though it would leave you wanting, but this didn't. It left out parts that you knew it should, but nothing that you felt hindered the story or impacted the delivery of the movie.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the twists and turns it took. I suspected that this would simply be a straight forward story of a missing person basically told through the electronics we use everyday, so it was definitely nice to see some turn of events.

Currently undecided... 7/10 or 8/10. Solid movie either way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched "It"......Awesome movie.......One of the few times I can actually watch again.......Most good movies I watch I'd be good for a couple of years.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched an oldie last night.

Tightrope

Clint Eastwood. Geneveve Bujold.

Eastwood still wants to play a cop only he was trying to get away from Harry Callahan. Bujold sucked in this. I never really liked her much anyway, but she almost dragged this movie into ditch. They could have done much better in the mid seventies than her. Even Cibyl Shepard, Jaqualine Bisset, Karen Black or Sissy Spacek would have added something that Bujold couldn't.

Because of her, the movie is 3/5.

This was one of the first cops with a concious and where the hunter becomes the hunted.

I watched his new "The Mule". Or at at least I tried. Didnt make it 10 minutes through this thing. Clint Eastwood movies have gotten worse and worse over the years. The premise of this movie seemed like it would make for a great story. Too much meandering at the beginning. I just lost interest.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Mule". Pretty good movie.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched his new "The Mule". Or at at least I tried. Didnt make it 10 minutes through this thing. Clint Eastwood movies have gotten worse and worse over the years. The premise of this movie seemed like it would make for a great story. Too much meandering at the beginning. I just lost interest.

Sadly, Clint Eastwood is 88 years old, about be 89 in a couple of weeks. He was able to play 30 year olds into his fifties, but time has taken it's toll on the one time tough guy.

I honestly remember him as Rowdy Yates the side-kick of Ward Bond on Wagon Train the TV series in the late fifties. He left the series to do Spaghetti Westerns that became classics in the 1960's and continued to do American Westerns that he wrote, produced and directed until the 70's when Harry Callahan was born attached to his .44 Magnum.

He's aged well, but it's tough to identify with a near 90 year old tough guy.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird box 2*/5

Boring movie, one of Bullocks worst. The writing was horrible, I should have watched it with a blindfold on!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird Box on Netflix.... 4/10.

Some of the laziest writing I have witnessed in a long time. This was bad. It is The Happening meets A Quiet Place... but I would venture to say that it is actually worse than The Happening... granted, I have not seen The Happening in a long time and only once, but this movie was that bad.
I agree....it was garbage. Another zombie apocalypse flick with nothing original to offer. Highly overrated.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Pottersville.

A shockingly safe movie that has the Reno 911 guy doing most of the heavy work. There are some laughs but not enough depth and mostly wastes a good cast and premise.

C-

Saw Mary Poppins 2018.

It's exactly what you'd think it is. Solid Disney effort that manages to capture the spirit of imagination and Marxism at the same time. Songs are catchy after you get past the opening bout of depressed adulting. Seems to capture the spirit of the book better than the original movie.

A-

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I have to confess that I am not of musicals. With that said, I took some kids to see the new Mary Poppins movie and I had a great time. Maybe it was because my expectations were low to begin with, but the plot was well done and the music/dancing was excellent. Quite the surprise for myself.
Saw it yesterday and it was excellant

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got bored and watched "Strays". Vin Diesel wrote it, produced and directed it.
We learn by our mistakes. I fell asleep when some chick went into his bedroom because he went to bed and left her with a couple of guys in the living room. I woke up to the "credits".

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Molly's Game.
It kept my attention & interests throughout the whole Movie.
2 thumbs up!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlacKKKlansman

Not surprisingly, a very good movie. The epilogue dropped my rating about 1.5 points, though.

6.5/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched Die Hard last night. Haven't sat through and watched it start to finish for a long time now. Gotta say... it totally holds up. Movie is awesome. So much good, so little bad.

Easily an A movie. Immediately felt like going on and watching the sequels (not counting the 5th), however I do not have them.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlacKKKlansman

Not surprisingly, a very good movie. The epilogue dropped my rating about 1.5 points, though.

6.5/10
Dude, you're like the most triggered bitch on this forum. I like your posts too, and you have a wealth of knowledge on film from your dedication to it over the decades and I respect and value your opinion. But wow. Triggered as all hell here.

(I gave BlacKKKlansman 3/5 stars.)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're like the most triggered bitch on this forum. I like your posts too, and you have a wealth of knowledge on film from your dedication to it over the decades and I respect and value your opinion. But wow. Triggered as all hell here.

I just hate propaganda. I have learned that that is all you get from Hollyweird (and the news and education), but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Btw, I dislike preaching from the right as well. Or leftist causes I actually agree with (I agree in Euthenasia, but thought You Don’t Know Jack was an incredibly one-sided movie that lost a lot of respect because of its preachiness).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats funny is that he gave it a higher rating than you.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U-571 last night on Comcast on Demand free movies. Was only rated at 62% but sometimes I find that you can’t go by ratings. I really enjoyed it with good acting and a great WWII submarine movie. Bill Paxton and Matthew McConaughey. Made in 2000.