• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Lakers, Spurs, Leonard, DeRozan, and the idiot Raptors

Who is the real winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be watching for sure. Want to see what LeBron can do this year.

Problem is most of their games don't start til after my bedtime. It is why I could never truly follow a west coast team.

Your bedtime? I live in NY and watch as many Lakers games as I can, even these last few years. Alarm on work days is set at 6am EST.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People were calling the thunder idiots last year. Now they look like geniuses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's window will open for longer than most think, as the kids take over their share of the production and Lebron's role reduces. In the next few years, those kids will be coming fully into their own, and Lebron can decide whether to retire, move on, or slowly reduce his role.

I agree and have been saying that for years.

But there is a difference between playing alongside Kawhi and the kids, vs. just kawhi.

I think he will still be playing at an allstar level 4 years from now if he can avoid major injury. He will need more help at that point though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres like 18 players on hte Sixers that would be the 2nd best player on the Lakers.

I mena- LeBron couldnt do it by "himself" with Love and Irving 2 years ago---- now he goes to LA where there are no other all stars?

Look at Philly- you have 2 All Stars- and a bunch of solid role players. Covington or Reddick - either one would easily be the Lakers 2nd best player at this point in the young guys' careers.

You don't know that yet. These kids typically jump up from year to year. I'm eager to see these kids playing around Lebron, easing the defensive pressure on each of them.

Nobody is expecting the Lakers to unseat the Warriors this year, which is the one thing Lebron couldn't do "by himself" last year. Nobody in their right mind takes anyone after the top two Sixers over Ingram (and likely not over Kuzma or even Ball). Guys like Covington and Reddick are what they are with no upside and are a dime a dozen in the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and have been saying that for years.

But there is a difference between playing alongside Kawhi and the kids, vs. just kawhi.

I think he will still be playing at an allstar level 4 years from now if he can avoid major injury. He will need more help at that point though.

Of course, but that will be remedied next summer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your bedtime? I live in NY and watch as many Lakers games as I can, even these last few years. Alarm on work days is set at 6am EST.

Well,

I wake up at 5:45 most days to get to work around 7, and 4:45 2 days a week to play basketball before work.

So no, I am not willing to stay up until 12:30 or 1 to watch west coast games outside of playoffs and weekends.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that yet. These kids typically jump up from year to year. I'm eager to see these kids playing around Lebron, easing the defensive pressure on each of them.

Nobody is expecting the Lakers to unseat the Warriors this year, which is the one thing Lebron couldn't do "by himself" last year. Nobody in their right mind takes anyone after the top two Sixers over Ingram (and likely not over Kuzma or even Ball). Guys like Covington and Reddick are what they are with no upside and are a dime a dozen in the league.
THIS year- id rather have Covington over Ingram without a second though. OVERALL id rather have Ingram- but that is just based on potential and a prime that is still years away that will never overlap with LeBron's.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but that will be remedied next summer.

Agreed.

Which is why I said I love that the Lakers didn't trade for him. Had they landed PG also, I would be singing a different tune.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS year- id rather have Covington over Ingram without a second though. OVERALL id rather have Ingram- but that is just based on potential and a prime that is still years away that will never overlap with LeBron's.

You're a fool.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Covington is a "dime a dozen" huh?

didnt realize 1st Team All Defense in the ENTIRE NBA made you a "dime a dozen" guy, interesting.

Or how shooting well over 40% for your career made you a "dime a dozen" guy. lol

What is a dime a dozen is a PF that can score and play no D like Kuzma.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah, why take the 3 and D wing that is among the best defenders in the NBA when you can take a 20 year old who has never done anyhting but get volume shots on a bad team.

Robert Covington

12.98 PER for Covington. 15 is league average. That 20 year old volume shooter was at 13.9 (WITH UPSIDE INTACT).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Covington

12.98 PER for Covington. 15 is league average. That 20 year old volume shooter was at 13.9 (WITH UPSIDE INTACT).
hey, if you want to try and make the case that an All NBA 1st Team Defender that shot 6.9 three's a game and made 2.5 three's a game last year and is one of the premier 3 and D wings in the league- is not as good as a 20 year old getting volume shots on an awful team that couldnt cover dick if his life depended on it- be my guest- you are the one that looks stupid.

For THIS year- Covington is a head and shoulders above Ingram is not even close. I mean- you have to be joking me. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Covington- 1st team All Defense--- dime a dozen apparently.

JJ Redick- 42% from 3 taking 7 three's a game- dime a dozen apparently.

lol.

what is a dime a dozen is a guy scoring 16 points on a crappy team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs will win more games than the Lakers. Take THAT LeBron! @WiggyRuss you w/ me?

this comment is not to be taken seriously

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs will win more games than the Lakers. Take THAT LeBron! @WiggyRuss you w/ me?

this comment is not to be taken seriously
lol...not quite, but its not impossible.

If the Lakers do not have more wins than the Cavs this year after signing LeBron they should just fold the franchise.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...not quite, but its not impossible.

If the Lakers do not have more wins than the Cavs this year after signing LeBron they should just fold the franchise.

The WC is a helluva lot tougher than the EC. If they can stay healthy & the young players play up to potential (which I don't wanna see) I think they could win around 45 games. But in the loaded WC that still might not be enough. The Nuggets won 46 games & miss the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's window will open for longer than most think, as the kids take over their share of the production and Lebron's role reduces. In the next few years, those kids will be coming fully into their own, and Lebron can decide whether to retire, move on, or slowly reduce his role.
at what age do you think a player hits his prime in the NBA?

I think its the age 26-27 seasons. To be generous lets say its age 25.

Thats 5 years for Ingram until he is in his prime.

At that point

Ball is even younger than Ingram. Neither of their primes even comes close to lining up with LeBron's, and 5 years from now, LeBron will be playing in his age 39 season- if he is even still playing at that point which is highly highly questionable.

over 4 years ago the Cavs traded Wiggins since his prime would not line up with LeBrons and at that point LeBron was 29 and going to be playing in his age 30 season.

Believe me, the urgency has not LESSENED in 4+ years.