• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Lakers, Spurs, Leonard, DeRozan, and the idiot Raptors

Who is the real winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The San Antonio Spurs have traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to the Toronto Raptors for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, the Spurs announced Wednesday.

The first-round pick Toronto sent to San Antonio is a protected 1-20 selection, a source told ESPN. After one year, it becomes two second-round picks.

The Spurs are including $5 million in cash to the Raptors (an amount meant to cover the luxury-tax hit incurred due to the trade kicker), a source told ESPN's Zach Lowe."

So Lebron signed with the Lakers for "various media opportunities". Big win for the Lakers. According to sources Leonard is clear that he is going to sign with the Lakers this next offseason. If that werent the case i would have expected them to sign Capela honestly, he would have fit right in. But i guess Mcgee can catch lobs too.

I still think this current Laker team can win 50 games since hell, they won 15 last year without Lebron and a weaker bench after going on that losing streak (good god almighty). The real Losers are the Raptors. But it seems to me they want to rebuild since most likely they will get two picks. The Spurs didnt have Leonard and made the playoffs now with Demar they should improve, maybe, since the west is stacked. The Raptors are renting Leonard. And i think they know that. In the East, they should be competitive. Demar wins because now he will be coached into the player he always should have been already. I still dont understand why the Raptors wouldnt trade Demar for a high first round Draft pick. Or a first and a second.

Lebron on the other hand could be looking at a 3peat with Leonard, and if the Lakers somehow someway come out of the west (its my opinion they can beat Houston and OKC, before Boogie i think they could have competed with GSW, but now, eeeehhhh, we need to see them play), however unlikely imagine? Leonard absolutely wants to be a Laker, alot of guys say hes from here but hes been a Laker fan, lives here, has his family here, went to school here, knows the organization, and knowing Magic :heh::heh::heh:, They already have spoken.

*TLDR* And my choice for the poll is ME, im the real winner *tears*

Poll time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors had to do something.

This move gives them a good chance to make the NBA Finals, and allows them to blow it up if they fail to extend Leonard, as expected. The Lowry/DeRozan core wasn't taking them anywhere.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Lakers the winners?

Lebron and Kawhi would have made them a real threat in the West. Now they are, at best, a 2nd round exit team.

Maybe Kawhi signs with them next year. Maybe he doesn't. You can hardly be certain it will happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron and Kawhi would have made them a real threat in the West. Now they are, at best, a 2nd round exit team.

Maybe Kawhi signs with them next year. Maybe he doesn't. You can hardly be certain it will happen.

Is this a real question?

Because the biggest loser here is Philly.

Lakers are the winners because there is now a very good chance they sign Kawhi without giving up any of their prospects. That gives them a legit and realistic window to build a serious championship contender. Trading the farm for Kawhi wouldn't have gotten them there.

Philly, on the other hand, never seemed to step up and make an aggressive offer even though it was reported that Kawhi was open to resigning in Philly. I have to think Philly had more attractive packages that didn't include either Simmons or Embiid.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a real question?

Because the biggest loser here is Philly.

Lakers are the winners because there is now a very good chance they sign Kawhi without giving up any of their prospects. That gives them a legit and realistic window to build a serious championship contender. Trading the farm for Kawhi wouldn't have gotten them there.

Philly, on the other hand, never seemed to step up and make an aggressive offer even though it was reported that Kawhi was open to resigning in Philly. I have to think Philly had more attractive packages that didn't include either Simmons or Embiid.

Well Philly wasn't in this conversation. When it is all said and done, I don't know what the Sixers offered up. I don't know what the Spurs wanted. The reports were that the Spurs wanted Simmons or Embiid which was never going to happen. Seems like they wanted trade pieces that would make them good this season. The Sixers didn't really have a lot of those.

The Lakers are burning a season with Lebron. Yes they may be able to sign Kawhi next year but that is far from a certainty. And Lebron will be turning 35 next season. I'm not arguing that the Lakers are the losers in this deal but calling them the winners seems, at best, premature.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're thinking is rather short sighted.

Not seeing the big picture?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyerhawk hates the Lakers with a passion so to see the Lakers as winners in anything probably enrages him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What boggles my mind is how anybody can think the Spurs are the winner here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're winners in the sense that they got an all star in return for a superstar level player. Usually, teams don't get that kind of return. Especially when everyone knows the superstar wants out.

But as far as actually "winning the trade"...no. You can't win a trade where your team got worse.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone "won" to some extent or another, imo.

The overall winners are the Raptors. They got better and gave themselves a shot at making the finals. If Kawhi stay, great for them. They remain contenders. If he leaves, they start the rebuild that was coming anyway.

The Lakers/Lebron "won", imo, because they still have an excellent shot at landing Kawhi and didn't have to give up any of their young core.

Leonard "won" because he has a better chance at the finals than he did had he stayed in SA and can still go wherever he wants next off season.

The Spurs "won" because of what I said in post #13.

Even DeRozan "won" (he just doesn't know it yet) because I think Pop is going to make him a much better player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're winners in the sense that they got an all star in return for a superstar level player. Usually, teams don't get that kind of return. Especially when everyone knows the superstar wants out.

But as far as actually "winning the trade"...no. You can't win a trade where your team got worse.

I get that, but it just isn't the package they should have sought out, IMO. Just not a lot of upside for that group in the stacked west. They will be a very good team, no doubt. But their days of contending in the Popovich era are officially over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone "won" to some extent or another, imo.

The overall winners are the Raptors. They got better and gave themselves a shot at making the finals. If Kawhi stay, great for them. They remain contenders. If he leaves, they start the rebuild that was coming anyway.

The Lakers/Lebron "won", imo, because they still have an excellent shot at landing Kawhi and didn't have to give up any of their young core.

Leonard "won" because he has a better chance at the finals than he did had he stayed in SA and can still go wherever he wants next off season.

The Spurs "won" because of what I said in post #13.

Even DeRozan "won" (he just doesn't know it yet) because I think Pop is going to make him a much better player.

I can get on board with that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking is rather short sighted.

Not seeing the big picture?

Sure. IF the Lakers get Kawhi next year then this is a win for the Lakers.

If they DON'T get Kawhi next year, then it was not a win.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would be more accurate to say that Pop won because he got someone who can make them better now. That's a pretty huge win for him personally.

DeRozan was an All-NBA player last year and he has 2 years left. Pop probably has 2 years left in the NBA. So DeRozan was probably the best option he could have possibly have got for Kawhi.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. IF the Lakers get Kawhi next year then this is a win for the Lakers.

If they DON'T get Kawhi next year, then it was not a win.
You realize Leomard isn't the only major FA next summer, right?