• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jets

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think we can all agree on...

If this O-line doesn’t get it together Dak may not make it through the season.

If that had been done to Romo he probably gets carted off. If that happened to Brady you can bet there would have been a flag thrown on every damn one of them!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that had been done to Romo he probably gets carted off. If that happened to Brady you can bet there would have been a flag thrown on every damn one of them!

Well... Jets play the Patriots this weekend.

So...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think we can all agree on...

If this O-line doesn’t get it together Dak may not make it through the season.

This should explain to Dak's critics a few things but some will never get it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I want Zeke on the field. Create a package of plays for Pollard sure. I wouldn’t just treat him as a back up RB.

I sure want to see Zek behind Dak and Pollard in the slot or in an H-Back role. And then reverse them with different plays. The opposing D would have fits as stacking the box would get them killed. But then again, they would end up running Zek up the middle for a 2 yard gain on first down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure want to see Zek behind Dak and Pollard in the slot or in an H-Back role. And then reverse them with different plays. The opposing D would have fits as stacking the box would get them killed. But then again, they would end up running Zek up the middle for a 2 yard gain on first down.
One of the problems I see in our running game is going with 2 TEs and not spreading things out. This allows the defense to key run a little more and everything is crowded together. The last couple of years we constantly ran the ball well in the limited number of times where we went 4 wide or at least spread everything out and when we went no huddle. This is what we need to start doing. I like splitting Pollard out or lining him up in the slot because of his skill set and the options it gives you when you get him out in space when you don't run it, but I think Zeke in the slot doesn't really help, but I definitely like him and Pollard together a couple of snaps per game. We just need to be creative when we do it.

There were some plays I liked in the preseason/week 1. Spreading out the WRs and Bringing Austin across on a fake jet sweep and giving it to Zeke or to Austin, or a screen pass behind Austin or even a screen to Austin after the play develops and he becomes an after thought, or faking both handoffs and throwing it down the field. These are the things we were "promised" and that kept the defense from being able to key on formations and movement. Different, creative plays out of similar sets and motions. Where are they? The play I liked the most was so simple. It was in a preseason game and we were 3rd or 4th and about 1. We had Zeke and Olawale a little offset. Everyone knew Zeke was getting the ball but we start him one way and gave it to Olawale the other way and the defense moved towards Zeke and we converted. Things like this are what work in short yardage. As good as our OL is, they never seem to get a big push on 3rd or 4th and 1. It's always a deep, slow developing handoff with Zeke picking a hole instead of a "bam" play. The other thing is why do we have one of the biggest most athletic QBs but we can't run more QB sneaks. Not draws, not read options, just a QB sneak. I've seen a lot to like about Moore and don't think he is the problem as guys are now open a lot, but still the same panic in tight spots and revert to the same plays when the pressure is greatest.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the problems I see in our running game is going with 2 TEs and not spreading things out. This allows the defense to key run a little more and everything is crowded together. The last couple of years we constantly ran the ball well in the limited number of times where we went 4 wide or at least spread everything out and when we went no huddle. This is what we need to start doing. I like splitting Pollard out or lining him up in the slot because of his skill set and the options it gives you when you get him out in space when you don't run it, but I think Zeke in the slot doesn't really help, but I definitely like him and Pollard together a couple of snaps per game. We just need to be creative when we do it.

There were some plays I liked in the preseason/week 1. Spreading out the WRs and Bringing Austin across on a fake jet sweep and giving it to Zeke or to Austin, or a screen pass behind Austin or even a screen to Austin after the play develops and he becomes an after thought, or faking both handoffs and throwing it down the field. These are the things we were "promised" and that kept the defense from being able to key on formations and movement. Different, creative plays out of similar sets and motions. Where are they? The play I liked the most was so simple. It was in a preseason game and we were 3rd or 4th and about 1. We had Zeke and Olawale a little offset. Everyone knew Zeke was getting the ball but we start him one way and gave it to Olawale the other way and the defense moved towards Zeke and we converted. Things like this are what work in short yardage. As good as our OL is, they never seem to get a big push on 3rd or 4th and 1. It's always a deep, slow developing handoff with Zeke picking a hole instead of a "bam" play. The other thing is why do we have one of the biggest most athletic QBs but we can't run more QB sneaks. Not draws, not read options, just a QB sneak. I've seen a lot to like about Moore and don't think he is the problem as guys are now open a lot, but still the same panic in tight spots and revert to the same plays when the pressure is greatest.

Could have stopped right there. My dad sounds like a broken record with this exact quote.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have stopped right there. My dad sounds like a broken record with this exact quote.
Yup, there are times when you line it up and just overpower teams over and over and then there are other times where you have to realize it isn't working that day and do things in a different way.