• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The GT Triple Option sucks Dong.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it needs to be updated, but nobody is going to look at Nick Marshall as a pro QB. Let's be honest Tech is not going to get many 4 and 5 star kids, unless there is a major jump in the program. Tech better bring a coach that can scheme his ass off, because they will not play a majority of their games with a talent advantage.

This. The 3O cannot compete talent wise in recruiting over the other schools. This is something I didn't really pay enough attention to 6 years ago when PJ arrived. Back then, we had good talent, maybe 3-4 star, overall.
Say what you want about Chan, he was recruiting good talent. And PJ was able to fit that square peg talent into round holes and make something of it.

But what about those teams that initially were shocked at the new offense, and have subsequently been unbeatable by GT? Miami and VT have our number. If GT offense is so prolific as every announcer in our games have to keep announcing, then why the hell can we not beat Bud Foster? One win in 6 years or so? PJ, that sucks. How does it feel to suck BUd Foster's nut sack all night.

So I still say, on a X and O scheme, all talent being equal, the 3O works. I haven't seen anything to the contrary yet. And I didn't really consider the talent interest falloff on the advertised scheme. I think this is where I overreached to begin.

But the problem is that no high school recruits want to sign up, because of the offens.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin edit....

I think it needs to be updated, but nobody is going to look at Nick Marshall as a pro QB. Let's be honest Tech is not going to get many 4 and 5 star kids, unless there is a major jump in the program. Tech better bring a coach that can scheme his ass off, because they will not play a majority of their games with a talent advantage.

This. The 3O cannot compete talent wise in recruiting over the other schools. This is something I didn't really pay enough attention to 6 years ago when PJ arrived. Back then, we had good talent, maybe 3-4 star, overall.
Say what you want about Chan, he was recruiting good talent. And PJ was able to fit that square peg talent into round holes and make something of it.

But what about those teams that initially were shocked at the new offense, and have subsequently been unbeatable by GT? Miami and VT have our number. If GT offense is so prolific as every announcer in our games have to keep announcing, then why the hell can we not beat Bud Foster? One win in 6 years or so? PJ, that sucks. How does it feel to suck BUd Foster's nut sack all night.

So I still say, on a X and O scheme, all talent being equal, the 3O works. But the better players want nothing to do with it and won't come to. GT just to run it. Especially if the head coach does stupid as hell shit and calls fake punt on 4th and 15!!!

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate my coach. I hate his scheme.

And FUCK THE HiVE for banning me again,!!!!

Suck My cock HIVE,

Fuck You HivE!

Fuck YOu HIVE.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Tech did recruit Calvin Johnson. They can get talent. But not now they can't with that offense.

I say bring O'Leary back. He left for ND and that didn't work out. Take him back and give him more money than UCF.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bring O'Leary back. He left for ND and that didn't work out. Take him back and give him more money than UCF.

You may not believe this, but UCF can out spend us. We've been around longer and generally our graduates are more financially successful....but they overwhelm us with raw numbers. We have approximately 14k undergrads. They have 51k. They literally have more than three times our student population.

GT is not getting O'Leary back.

His former OC and former Maryland HC Friedgen is considerably more do-able