• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The GT Triple Option sucks Dong.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you can get O'Leary back.

Will take. I was pissed he left, but I understood why. I had no ill feelings for him.

PJ had done the opposite of what GO did. And it tells. Take a look at which coach is in a BCS game, and which isn't.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what the Triple Option looks like.

Not sure what the hell GT runs.

The same thing, really, but out of a flex instead of a wish.

Oh yeah, and with a lot less talent. A LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Ross won a National Championship at Georgia Tech in 1990. That is as many National Titles as Texas has won since well over 2/3rds of this board has been alive.

Maybe Texas fans have lost their mind in thinking the next guy will be better than Mack?

Your history in the 70's, 80's, and 90's certainly tells a much different story than you would like to project. History says so...

And what did Bobby Ross do next dumb ass? Like I said, Paul Johnson has been the most consistent winner at GT since the great one. There have been highs higher than this for them, but the coach gets scooped up. It's a very strong academic school trying to compete right in the heart of SEC country. Atlanta.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the numbers, yes. But OLeary brought us back from the gutters to a good team, then left. It is about perspective. PJ took over a perennial 7-5 program and......now we are the same, after his non recruits graduate. Educate yourself.

You have yet to miss a bowl game and you've won the ACC once under Paul Johnson. Paul Johnson X and O isn't the problem. He is just needs to hire some ace recruiters to his staff. Is your school willing to pay the bucks to get these kinds of assistants? What is your commitment to football? The matter of the fact is you have won 3 conference titles since Bobby Dodd. Paul Johnson has one of the them.

Maybe your ceiling is higher under another coach, but your floor damn sure is too. Your biggest problem will continue to be attracting top QB and WR talent to play in that offense. RB and OL shouldn't be a problem and defense shouldn't be either. You can win pretty big doing just that.

Until the guy shits the bed completely in a season I think you should keep him. It would take another coach years to recruit away from Paul Johnson's offensive style. Would be some really rough years you just might not recover from. Ask Nebraska.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they need a new coach. They're sitting in a hotbed of recruiting talent in the Southeast, and running a 1950's offense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was awesome 35 years ago but it has run it's course. The Read Option and Zone Option are superior gimmick offenses to run now.
-
so not true... Auburn is in the title game runnign triple option based on the Wing T offense.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, PJ has one season left to turn things around. He has 3 years left in his contract at approx $2.5 million per year. Right now, we don't have the $7.5 million to buy him out and still pay the salary of a new coach too. We're still paying off Hewitt's contract I think.

But a year from now....PJ's contract will be down to 2 years. Another year of Hewitt will be paid off. And the cost of replacement goes waaay down. So if he hasn't gotten the program moving in the right direction, he should get the Chan Gailey treatment.....*boot*
We love PJ ... keep him right where he is! He is the perfect coach for you nerds! I hope he is your leader for another 10 years.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have great talent, it doesn't really matter what you run.

"It's not the alignment. It's the alignees"
..............................................................Barry Switzer

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of a spread I think.
-
It is spread. Malzahn has said he developed the offense by reading a book on the Wing T offense. He is running triple option. You have RB running IZ, QB keeper option, and the WR running a little curl. It is modern version of Nebraska and OU football and not that much different than what GT does. I find it amazing you can see people calling GT's offense archaic and spread football gimmicky all in the same place.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest GT runs a double option there is little threat of a pass and that kills them. Their major problem is recruiting a QB with the right guy it will work.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And deep throats schlongs. Paul Johnson, never has a last name been more deserved. I hate your play calling. 4th and 15 fake punt?

I know, let's run the same shit every play, maybe we can win. Please, just go away.

Is Chain Gailey available? At this point, I will take anyone.

rep

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And deep throats schlongs. Paul Johnson, never has a last name been more deserved. I hate your play calling. 4th and 15 fake punt?

I know, let's run the same shit every play, maybe we can win. Please, just go away.

Is Chain Gailey available? At this point, I will take anyone.

I was wondering when you were going to see the light. I suspect you have been but just didn't want to say anything out of your loyalty to GT.

That triple has got to go. It worked for a couple of years but now all of your opponents are wise to it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest GT runs a double option there is little threat of a pass and that kills them. Their major problem is recruiting a QB with the right guy it will work.

Still a triple option. Malzahn just uses the WR and a forward pitch instead of the old triple option. It was a nice wrinkle. Marshall could run it well. I think there are a ton of solid athletes that play QB in high school to run tech ' s offense

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a triple option. Malzahn just uses the WR and a forward pitch instead of the old triple option. It was a nice wrinkle. Marshall could run it well. I think there are a ton of solid athletes that play QB in high school to run tech ' s offense

Yeah, but the best players coming out of high school with NFL expectations do not want to go to a school and play a triple option offense. They would much rather go to Alabama or Auburn or FSU and get more attention from pro scouts. So GT can't out recruit the SEC schools down here or the ACC schools, either, as long as they run that offense.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose some options ARE double, but most of what they run is triple. It has nothing to do with passing.

What are you talking about?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the best players coming out of high school with NFL expectations do not want to go to a school and play a triple option offense. They would much rather go to Alabama or Auburn or FSU and get more attention from pro scouts. So GT can't out recruit the SEC schools down here or the ACC schools, either, as long as they run that offense.

I think it needs to be updated, but nobody is going to look at Nick Marshall as a pro QB. Let's be honest Tech is not going to get many 4 and 5 star kids, unless there is a major jump in the program. Tech better bring a coach that can scheme his ass off, because they will not play a majority of their games with a talent advantage.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all it takes to run the triple option is a good QB, decent RB's, a great offensive line, and an outstanding defense.

oh, and a coach named Bryant, Royal, or Switzer

did I miss anything?