• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Grill serves up some clam chowder this weekend: BOS @ TEX 5/13-15

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a big debate on Evan's twitter tonight about whether Raffy belongs in the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame or not. I say he belongs.
Never really saw Gwynn much but in person Raffy was the best pure hitter I ever saw day after day. He did not have much liftoff but his line drives were a thing of beauty

I am not the one to say who is wrong or right but it does seem like there is much political correctness and playing that game that contributes into entry. Too much subjective gray area to my liking.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is outright embarrassing
which is why i think we need to add some fresh blood to the roster. changing manager or coaches isn't going to change anything except make a cosmetic change which doesn't improve anything. figure some way to add 3 or 4 of our better prospects to the 40 which we are going to have to do anyway and insert them into the 26-man.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really saw Gwynn much but in person Raffy was the best pure hitter I ever saw day after day. He did not have much liftoff but his line drives were a thing of beauty

I am not the one to say who is wrong or right but it does seem like there is much political correctness and playing that game that contributes into entry. Too much subjective gray area to my liking.
I always will remember that he hit his 500th HR on Mother's Day. He was my oldest sons favorite player at the time and the guy had a beautiful swing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why i think we need to add some fresh blood to the roster. changing manager or coaches isn't going to change anything except make a cosmetic change which doesn't improve anything. figure some way to add 3 or 4 of our better prospects to the 40 which we are going to have to do anyway and insert them into the 26-man.
I liked what we started to do at the end of last season when we rid ourselves of guys who were not a part of the future and played our youngsters. If you are trying to rebuild then lets keep doing it and quit playing guys who have no future here. I don't care if Kole hits 4 HRs in a game. He is not in our future plans and yet he plays it seems like every single game while guys like White play once in a while.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what we started to do at the end of last season when we rid ourselves of guys who were not a part of the future and played our youngsters. If you are trying to rebuild then lets keep doing it and quit playing guys who have no future here. I don't care if Kole hits 4 HRs in a game. He is not in our future plans and yet he plays it seems like every single game while guys like White play once in a while.
Agree. If they are already on the 26 man, then play them. Some want to bring more guys up and we are not playing enough the ones on the bench. Wastin makes a good point.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If they are already on the 26 man, then play them. Some want to bring more guys up and we are not playing enough the ones on the bench. Wastin makes a good point.
i agree but i also think that what we have on the bench is virtually useless on the field and this merry-go-round of batting orders is making continuity and players isn't working because one choice is no better than the other. what we need is a consistent batting order and a better bench.
Kole was a mistake and we should walk away from him but that means putting Adolis in RF and i like White(even though i don't think he has a future with us) but i would bring up Leody and put him in CF(he either sinks or swims). i also cut loose either Miller or Culberson and bring up Smith to play LF(it would be him and the team learning as they go) and send down Solak and take a shot with Wendzel at 3rd(he's not hitting right now but i still try it). then my bench would be Ibanez, White, Huff & either Miller or Culberson(whichever one we don't cut).

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but i also think that what we have on the bench is virtually useless on the field and this merry-go-round of batting orders is making continuity and players isn't working because one choice is no better than the other. what we need is a consistent batting order and a better bench.
Kole was a mistake and we should walk away from him but that means putting Adolis in RF and i like White(even though i don't think he has a future with us) but i would bring up Leody and put him in CF(he either sinks or swims). i also cut loose either Miller or Culberson and bring up Smith to play LF(it would be him and the team learning as they go) and send down Solak and take a shot with Wendzel at 3rd(he's not hitting right now but i still try it). then my bench would be Ibanez, White, Huff & either Miller or Culberson(whichever one we don't cut).
Most think these guys are not ready. If that is the case, then bringing them up early would likely do more harm than good. That was the case with Leody and Willie.

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most think these guys are not ready. If that is the case, then bringing them up early would likely do more harm than good. That was the case with Leody and Willie.
we bring them up and if they're overwhelmed, we don't push it and send them back down. but we have some consistence in the lineup and my gut says a better offensive lineup

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we bring them up and if they're overwhelmed, we don't push it and send them back down. but we have some consistence in the lineup and my gut says a better offensive lineup
Actually the offense is basically set albeit two OF positions. C 1B 2B SS 3B are in place at the moment. Garcia likely is too. At this time Leody and Thompson seem to be the prime selection to bring up now. Ibanez is bench along with one or two more on the team. So what is the immediate need except pitching?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the offense is basically set albeit two OF positions. C 1B 2B SS 3B are in place at the moment. Garcia likely is too. At this time Leody and Thompson seem to be the prime selection to bring up now. Ibanez is bench along with one or two more on the team. So what is the immediate need except pitching?
C Heim/Huff
1B Lowe
2B Semien
3B Wendzel
SS Seager
LF Smith
CF Taveras
RF Garcia
DH Garver

Bench
Ibanez UIF
Miller IF/OF
White OF

Batting Order:

Taveras/White
Semien
Seager
Garcia
Lowe
Garver
Heim/Huff
Smith/Miller
Wendzel/Ibanez

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C Heim/Huff
1B Lowe
2B Semien
3B Wendzel
SS Seager
LF Smith
CF Taveras
RF Garcia
DH Garver

Bench
Ibanez UIF
Miller IF/OF
White OF

Batting Order:

Taveras/White
Semien
Seager
Garcia
Lowe
Garver
Heim/Huff
Smith/Miller
Wendzel/Ibanez
I believe Jung will be 3B. Wendzel remains not Ready. Basicly the team is set so why the need to bring up more players than needed. If Jung is our 3B then Rf and CF is all we need except bench and one catcher Ibanez and one other will work for now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jung will be 3B. Wendzel remains not Ready. Basicly the team is set so why the need to bring up more players than needed. If Jung is our 3B then Rf and CF is all we need except bench and one catcher Ibanez and one other will work for now.
Jung will be 3B next season. but right now he's on the 60-day IL and probably won't start playing until mid-June or maybe July

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like an excuse, but who knows. I would like to know how long it took the last team thes guys began working with?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like an excuse, but who knows. I would like to know how long it took the last team thes guys began working with?

I'm surprised at the K stat, seems like they've been bad in that regard

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 years ago the Rangers signed an 18 year old outfielder out of Mexico. His name is Alejandro Osuna. He will not turn 20 years old until after the season. He is a little younger than Evan Carter. He is just at the A level now, but offensively he is performing better than just about anyone in our system.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C Heim/Huff
1B Lowe
2B Semien
3B Wendzel
SS Seager
LF Smith
CF Taveras
RF Garcia
DH Garver

Bench
Ibanez UIF
Miller IF/OF
White OF

Batting Order:

Taveras/White
Semien
Seager
Garcia
Lowe
Garver
Heim/Huff
Smith/Miller
Wendzel/Ibanez

I personally don’t see Wendzel as a write in quite yet.
I would go with

C-Heim/Huff
1B-Lowe/Crimm
2B-Semien
3B-Jung
SS-Seager
LF-Foscue/Ornelas
CF-Taveras/Thompson
RF-Adolis/Ornelas
DH-Zach Reks, J Smith, Steele Walker

LF/DH could be all mixed up lol

I would think with 1B/LF/RF/CF and DH still being such question marks going forward that they will sign someone big this off-season. Just one guy/bat and then use prospects for the rest of the holes.

On the pitching side I could see them signing one big pitcher then going with internal options for the rest

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with

C-Heim/Huff
1B-Lowe/Crimm
2B-Semien
3B-Jung
SS-Seager
LF-Foscue/Ornelas
CF-Taveras/Thompson
RF-Adolis/Ornelas

I would think with 1B/LF/RF/CF and DH still being such question marks going forward that they will sign someone big this off-season. Just one guy/bat and then use prospects for the rest of the holes.

On the pitching side I could see them signing one big pitcher then going with internal options for the rest
No Garner?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with

C-Heim/Huff
1B-Lowe/Crimm
2B-Semien
3B-Jung
SS-Seager
LF-Foscue/Ornelas
CF-Taveras/Thompson
RF-Adolis/Ornelas

you are talking next season and i like what you are showing. i'm talking about eight now and Jung was put on the 60-day MiL DL 0n April 22nd and isn't expected back until June or July. Where's Garver?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with

C-Heim/Huff
1B-Lowe/Crimm
2B-Semien
3B-Jung
SS-Seager
LF-Foscue/Ornelas
CF-Taveras/Thompson
RF-Adolis/Ornelas

For 2023

C Huff/Heim
1B Lowe
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seagar
LF Smith
RF Garcia
CF Taveras
DH Thompson

For 2024

C Huff or Heim
1B Crim
2B Semien
3B Jung
SS Seagar
LF Duran
RF Harris
CF Smith
DH Foscue

This is all subject to signing a free agent hitter. I think they will, but until they do you have to go with what you have. Some of those prospects will decline, meet with a major injury, or get traded, but who knows which at this point. I would either trade Lowe this coming offseason and go with a stop gap until Crim is ready or wait until trade deadline next year and trade Lowe with Crim coming up for 1B. As you can see, I don't expect either Taveras or Thompson to play well enough to start in 2024. I would not trade Foscue until Semien has a good year.