• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Grill serves up some clam chowder this weekend: BOS @ TEX 5/13-15

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manager is one part of that equation, and a minor one at that.
Whom ever, who and when needs to be right. Lots of decisions to be made and room for error. We hear lots about minor players but jumping up to MLB can change players in a heartbeat. That is why close attention is necessary. So many things make me wonder how all this will turn out. Some real bad decisions have been made in the past that makes one suspicious. Re; the two ponys deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have players coming but have to be patient. What we have to hope for is managers know who and when to bring them up. Not sure if that will happen.
we have 4 players at AAA Winn, Smith, Wendzel and Thompson) and 1 presently with the Rangers (Huff) that need to be in the mix at Globe Life

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Rangers are asking MLB to allow the Batting Instructors to go up to the plate with their hitters to give them on-the-spot instructions

<sarcasm>

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have 4 players at AAA Winn, Smith, Wendzel and Thompson) and 1 presently with the Rangers (Huff) that need to be in the mix at Globe Life
Winn had a pretty bad game and his ERA is telling me he is not ready. Wendzel is batting terrible lately.

We need guys up who excel in AAA knocking the door down. Even Pads Abrams and Ms Rodriguez have/had a hard time in bigs

We might need a trade at some point out of our excess to add a guy. Bet it is for an OF

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winn had a pretty bad game and his ERA is telling me he is not ready. Wendzel is batting terrible lately.

We need guys up who excel in AAA knocking the door down. Even Pads Abrams and Ms Rodriguez have/had a hard time in bigs

We might need a trade at some point out of our excess to add a guy. Bet it is for an OF
That is why I said we have to know who and when if ready. Not all these guys are ready at the same time.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said we have to know who and when if ready. Not all these guys are ready at the same time.
Yes my point is that no one is considered clearly ready. Even Bubba or Leody for some reason.

The Giants traded Dubon a utility player to the Astros. So that tells me we don’t even have a utility player ready in the minors. Maybe if we did not have Jung injured then no Culbertson signing.
I get the impatience to lose obvious minuses like Kole and Culbertson but it seems like no plugins are ready.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Giant trade. They moved Dubon a lot because they had a guy they wanted to bring up. He does have MLB experience but he Will be a utility guy.

So at some point I want to replace our vet utility guys with someone younger especially due to the roster crunch

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Giant trade. They moved Dubon a lot because they had a guy they wanted to bring up. He does have MLB experience but he Will be a utility guy.

So at some point I want to replace our vet utility guys with someone younger especially due to the roster crunch
When Jung comes Ibanez may be that UIF.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jung comes Ibanez may be that UIF.
So that make me think is he the utility guy next year. He might be good enough as we can have SS covered otherwise and Josh Smith could easily be in the mix

Regardless seems like we have to wait on how guys do in the minors. Makes for a low scoring team. I do think we could immediately get rid of Kole and bring Reks back up. I doubt Reks is in future plans but who knows. Same could be said of White but for him to have better stats the. A lot on our team is a tad depressing

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that make me think is he the utility guy next year. He might be good enough as we can have SS covered otherwise and Josh Smith could easily be in the mix

Regardless seems like we have to wait on how guys do in the minors. Makes for a low scoring team. I do think we could immediately get rid of Kole and bring Reks back up. I doubt Reks is in future plans but who knows. Same could be said of White but for him to have better stats the. A lot on our team is a tad depressing
No doubt we wait. We know nothing until it is proven that guys can handle the job. Coming up is not automatic success. Leody is a prime example.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so wait until they're knock down the door before we do anything

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we're talking years of playing the Kole Calhoun's and Culberson's and Miller's, etc while we wait

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we're talking years of playing the Kole Calhoun's and Culberson's and Miller's, etc while we wait
Of course not. We are saying not everyone in AAA is ready and FO needs to be careful in selecting who is. Simple. If ready, I think Thompson and Leody will be here but when I don't know. That has to be decided yet.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is an understatement but apparently, we will suffer through it for a few more years while we wait for our prospects to prove themselves at AA and then AAA. we'll change manager and coaches a couple of times or more while we wait. and keep bringing in the Calhoun's and Culberson's and Miller's and others

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait until they're knock down the door before we do anything
Surely this is the last year of Kole and Culbertson as a minimum. Doe Milker have another year?

We have to think we will try out some other CF this year other than White

I just hate to bring up just anyone who is not doing well at AAA. Smith seems to be doing ok though but sure he is learning CF and playing daily

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is an understatement but apparently, we will suffer through it for a few more years while we wait for our prospects to prove themselves at AA and then AAA. we'll change manager and coaches a couple of times or more while we wait. and keep bringing in the Calhoun's and Culberson's and Miller's and others
I will say that if we do not have guys up to play regularly from the minors then our minor league system have not made a necessary jump

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely this is the last year of Kole and Culbertson as a minimum. Doe Milker have another year?

We have to think we will try out some other CF this year other than White

I just hate to bring up just anyone who is not doing well at AAA. Smith seems to be doing ok though but sure he is learning CF and playing daily
if we aren't going to move forward by bringing up some of our prospects then we might as well pick up Kole's club option and keep Miller with his 2nd year $4M deal and we might as well sign Culberson to another year.

who will we try at CF we don't have any faith in Leody and Thompson isn't clubbing AAA pitching so who else is there?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that if we do not have guys up to play regularly from the minors then our minor league system have not made a necessary jump
and we never will if we don't give them the opportunities

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evans take even on Semien