• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future potential of 2020's projected playoff teams from worst to best:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yep. In fact, here it is:

And for an added bonus:

What is so deeply hilarious about Bucky is that he acts like he has superior knowledge.

He literally posted all this over the summer hyping these teams (Pistons, Hawks, Nets, Magic and Bulls) while knocking the Hornets.

2 months into the season he has completely changed course. Now the Magic have an uncertain future, the Nets have the “worst future” among all playoff teams, the Bulls Hawks and Pistons are also rans among the non-playoff teams. The Hornets somehow have a really bright future because a couple of their lightly touted rookies are overachieving on a bad team.

He completely contradicted his summer claims and yet every word is still utter garbage. The Hornets have a mediocre future at best.

This guy has to be a fictional character. No way anybody is actually this bad at posting.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so deeply hilarious about Bucky is that he acts like he has superior knowledge.

He literally posted all this over the summer hyping these teams (Pistons, Hawks, Nets, Magic and Bulls) while knocking the Hornets.

2 months into the season he has completely changed course. Now the Magic have an uncertain future, the Nets have the “worst future” among all playoff teams, the Bulls Hawks and Pistons are also rans among the non-playoff teams. The Hornets somehow have a really bright future because a couple of their lightly touted rookies are overachieving on a bad team.

He completely contradicted his summer claims and yet every word is still utter garbage. The Hornets have a mediocre future at best.

This guy has to be a fictional character. No way anybody is actually this bad at posting.
As you know, I am a Pistons fan and follow them fairly closely. To give Buckalis a tiny bit of credit I'm not sure that the Pistons have had their projected starting lineup on the floor once this season due to injuries. It has been devastating this season and currently 3 or 4 of thier projected starters are injured. Snell is shooting great for them, which is something that they have desperately needed. If they were healthy I would guess they would be a middle/low playoff team easily. Unfortunately for Detroit fans it is not to be this year and they have shifted from potentially building on gradual success to looking to move guys and rebuild due to continued poor health (Griffin, Jackson) and contract situation (Drummond). It will be interesting (okay, maybe only to me) to see what they can do with the pretty limited options that they have.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are in talks with the Kings involving a trade with Kuzma and Bogdanivic

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know, I am a Pistons fan and follow them fairly closely. To give Buckalis a tiny bit of credit I'm not sure that the Pistons have had their projected starting lineup on the floor once this season due to injuries. It has been devastating this season and currently 3 or 4 of thier projected starters are injured. Snell is shooting great for them, which is something that they have desperately needed. If they were healthy I would guess they would be a middle/low playoff team easily. Unfortunately for Detroit fans it is not to be this year and they have shifted from potentially building on gradual success to looking to move guys and rebuild due to continued poor health (Griffin, Jackson) and contract situation (Drummond). It will be interesting (okay, maybe only to me) to see what they can do with the pretty limited options that they have.

He said the Pistons would be a contender.

That was never a realistic possibility with this core.

I agree if they were healthy they would probably be a playoff team. But they would never be among the best of the East.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol coach. everyone knew this hilariously ridiculous clown was simply trolling from jump street...

a psychotic homer with a hard-on for Giannis...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the Pistons would be a contender.

That was never a realistic possibility with this core.

I agree if they were healthy they would probably be a playoff team. But they would never be among the best of the East.
Yeah, the Piston weren't going to vie for the title, but had potential to be significantly better than last year's 8 seed, first round sweep. I doubt even Buckalis thought they would be a contender since he thinks no one but the Bucks are.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul-Mokeski-Kansas-Jayhawks-233x300.jpg

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Piston weren't going to vie for the title, but had potential to be significantly better than last year's 8 seed, first round sweep. I doubt even Buckalis thought they would be a contender since he thinks no one but the Bucks are.

What i've said, is "the Pistons will be contenders in the EAST this season" because knowing Casey (excellent coach by the way), I was expecting him to have Doumbouya "NBA ready" just after the All Star break...

I have also predicted the Pistons to end up 4th to 6th seed in the East (above the Raps and Pacers) and then I thought that they would take the next step with Doumbouya and Wood being the surprises of the playoffs... Therefore, if they could avoid the Bucks in the 2nd round, they could well end up to the ECF...

Unfortunately for the Pistons, none can predict injuries... Predictions are always based on the assumption that a team will be healthy.

In any case, I insist that the Pistons were the "winners of the off-season"... They drafted a real "steal" on Doumbouya (their future Star - leader - remember I said that) and have added excellent talent on both Wood and Rose as well as solid role players on good contracts (like Snell)...

One more thing... The financials of the Pistons are excellent despite Griffins contract, if they will decide to move Drummond (who they can easily afford to extend), it won't be to "dump his salary", but rather because Casey has decided to better invest on Wood's future for being the Pistons "big man" and by trading Drummond, he can get significant return on other positions...

The Pistons will be the surprise of the league next season (provided they stay healthy).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are in talks with the Kings involving a trade with Kuzma and Bogdanivic

if you believe this, your IQ is lesser than a chicken's brains... It's all usual trolling-inventions out of "reporters" that are posting anything stupid in order to attract attention...

Yes, the Kings would have interest on Kuzma (many teams would), but at far less cost than Bogdan who can provide them great return if they ever decide to part with... The Lakers can't even set up an offer (that would be rejected) for Bogdan! They simply not have the means... Not with KCP's and Green's contracts having a "trade blocking provision" and with no picks to spare in any case...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading once he said that Butler was the Sixers best player.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i've said, is "the Pistons will be contenders in the EAST this season" because knowing Casey (excellent coach by the way), I was expecting him to have Doumbouya "NBA ready" just after the All Star break...

I have also predicted the Pistons to end up 4th to 6th seed in the East (above the Raps and Pacers) and then I thought that they would take the next step with Doumbouya and Wood being the surprises of the playoffs... Therefore, if they could avoid the Bucks in the 2nd round, they could well end up to the ECF...

Unfortunately for the Pistons, none can predict injuries... Predictions are always based on the assumption that a team will be healthy.

In any case, I insist that the Pistons were the "winners of the off-season"... They drafted a real "steal" on Doumbouya (their future Star - leader - remember I said that) and have added excellent talent on both Wood and Rose as well as solid role players on good contracts (like Snell)...

One more thing... The financials of the Pistons are excellent despite Griffins contract, if they will decide to move Drummond (who they can easily afford to extend), it won't be to "dump his salary", but rather because Casey has decided to better invest on Wood's future for being the Pistons "big man" and by trading Drummond, he can get significant return on other positions...

The Pistons will be the surprise of the league next season (provided they stay healthy).
Poor Tristan

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds much of Giannis in his early days... doesn't he?
I didn't see much early Giannis. It's not like they televised many Bucks games before Giannis became great.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early Gianni? He never really knew to feed or drive so well, but he could jump in the air just like a-ringin' a bell. Go go, Go Gianni go.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doumbouya has the body, first step and athletism that resembles Giannis most in the entire league... Like Giannis, his entrance to the league is one of a raw player who lucks some basic basketball skills... But again, just like Giannis, he fell on the ideal coach to teach him fast all the skills he lucks and have him exposing the diamond that is hidden inside his exceptional physical tools...

Like Giannis, he was drafted at No15... I can see many NBA executives banging their head on the wall a couple of seasons (or earlier) from now, exactly as it has happened with Giannis before...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, the Warriors have waived the contract of Marquese Chriss in order to open up a roster spot so that they can sign their 2-way contracts on regular roster spots.

The 2nd roster spot the Warriors will open, it is expected to be achieved by trading Alec Burks for a pick...

Many teams that have (or can create) a free roster spot, are expected to show interested into shinning Chriss out of free agency, or trade a pick to the Warriors for Burks.

The Bucks OTOH, have fully guaranteed the contract of Dragan Bender, which means that Bender will be with the Bucks for next season too (unless if the Bucks will decide to use him as an asset on a trade)...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, the Warriors have waived the contract of Marquese Chriss in order to open up a roster spot so that they can sign their 2-way contracts on regular roster spots.

The 2nd roster spot the Warriors will open, it is expected to be achieved by trading Alec Burks for a pick...

Many teams that have (or can create) a free roster spot, are expected to show interested into shinning Chriss out of free agency, or trade a pick to the Warriors for Burks.

The Bucks OTOH, have fully guaranteed the contract of Dragan Bender, which means that Bender will be with the Bucks for next season too (unless if the Bucks will decide to use him as an asset on a trade)...

I also expect WCS to be on the move eventually too. I doubt the Warriors end the season with both of those players if possible.

I feel like WCS is a perfect fit for the Celtics who still have plenty of trade assets to return. Burks I can see the Warriors holding out till the deadline to get maximum value out of him. Based off his production and cap impact, he'll be one of the more sought after guys this trade deadline period. At worst, I expect Burks to return a 1st round draft pick from a contender (so low 20's ish).

If the Warriors can get a future 1st and maybe a second rd or two from WCS, that would be optimal.

The Warriors would then this off-season have hopefully a high lottery pick, a future 1st from Burks and a couple more 2nds to trade along with D'Lo and Paschall which could potentially snag a guy like KAT.