• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The future potential of 2020's projected playoff teams from worst to best:

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Drummond for Hayward?
This looks more probable... but it would require the Pistons to already have a buyer for Griffin's contract and I don't think there is one out there...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks more probable... but it would require the Pistons to already have a buyer for Griffin's contract and I don't think there is one out there...

Remember when you said the Pistons would be a contender this year because they traded for Tony Snell and drafted Doumbaya?

That was fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you said the Pistons would be a contender this year because they traded for Tony Snell and drafted Doumbaya?

That was fun.

Lol, yep. In fact, here it is:

I guess the Pistons are coming next, Doumbouya is still too raw (albeit with huge potential) and Woods needs another season of experience before he can compete with the best out there...

I also said that Snell will be starting (which is the case) and you was laughing at it... I guess it does prove you stupid and ignorant in the game of basketball...

And for an added bonus:

With the Pistons and Nets stepping up to contend in the East and all Bulls, Hawks and Magic looking to establish themselves as playoff teams, as well as the Knicks looking ambitiously towards the future, I can't see the Hornets competing with other than the Cavs for who will end up at the bottom of the East next season...

Rosier IMO, will have Orlando all over him during next week.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Drummond for Hayward?
That's interesting.

Hayward is a bit of a redundancy for the C's (albeit a damn good one lol). Drummond would fill a need.
In a vacuum... of course one would choose Drummond over Enes Kanter.

That being said: no.

1.) Kanter plus Hayward > Drummond. Especially in today's NBA.

2.) Drummond is like a rich man's Kanter... which I absolutely mean as a backhanded compliment. He brings to the table virtually the same weaknesses that Kanter does: poor lateral agility, a weakness in space as a defender, and no ability to spread the floor.

I just don't see how getting an upgraded Kanter is worth it... especially because the Celtics platoon at the position anyways. RWIII has been injured, but he'll be back.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum... of course one would choose Drummond over Enes Kanter.

That being said: no.

1.) Kanter plus Hayward > Drummond. Especially in today's NBA.

2.) Drummond is like a rich man's Kanter... which I absolutely mean as a backhanded compliment. He brings to the table virtually the same weaknesses that Kanter does: poor lateral agility, a weakness in space as a defender, and no ability to spread the floor.

I just don't see how getting an upgraded Kanter is worth it... especially because the Celtics platoon at the position anyways. RWIII has been injured, but he'll be back.
I completely agree with you; I'm just hoping to get some value from Drummond before he walks. Also, if you've watched Drummond as much as I have you will notice that his league leading rebounder d numbers are inflated because 1/3 to 1/2 of them are grabs of his own easy layups that he missed. He'll occasionally get 3 rebounds in about 4 seconds in one possesion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you; I'm just hoping to get some value from Drummond before he walks. Also, if you've watched Drummond as much as I have you will notice that his league leading rebounder d numbers are inflated because 1/3 to 1/2 of them are grabs of his own easy layups that he missed. He'll occasionally get 3 rebounds in about 4 seconds in one possesion.

Drummond said that he wants to stay in Detroit his entire career.

What are your thoughts on that? At what price point would it make sense for Detroit to resign him?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond said that he wants to stay in Detroit his entire career.

What are your thoughts on that? At what price point would it make sense for Detroit to resign him?
Good question. I like Drummond. He shows up every night, has worked hard on improving his free throws, and has shown development of a little hook shot. But he is a throwback played that doesn't fit the current evolution of the NBA. If the Pistons could actually find anyone with a consistent outside shot it would help his game immensely as he is a decent passer out of the post. I don't think he is worth a max, but I'm concerned that some other team may throw money like that at him (cough, cough, Knicks, cough).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent game of the Pistons against the Lakers in L.A....

Coach Casey started rookie Doumbouya and Christian Wood at PF on a completely new starting line up looking at the future and gave the Lakers a good run threatening to take the game till the last minute.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach Casey started rookie Doumbouya and Christian Wood at PF on a completely new starting line up looking at the future and gave the Lakers a good run threatening to take the game till the last minute.

Mostly because of Tony Snell’s immense contributions.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "new" starting lineup is because about 1/3 of the team is injured, not sure if is looking to the future. I think they would still rather be starting some of the guys in street clothes (Griffin, Jackson, Kennard, Morris).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because of Tony Snell’s immense contributions.

I'm just glad the Pistons had guys sitting out. No way the Lakers beat a fully healthy Pistons led by Tony Snell.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "new" starting lineup is because about 1/3 of the team is injured, not sure if is looking to the future. I think they would still rather be starting some of the guys in street clothes (Griffin, Jackson, Kennard, Morris).
Casey is known and proved in having the young core stepping up and promoting them to the starting roster (just) before they are fully "NBA ready"... Siakam, Anunoby and Van Vleet are good examples...

It's the reason why I suggested the Pistons stepping up significantly during the preseason (but didn't count Griffin's negative contribution)...

I believe when the injured guys will come back, he will still start at least one out of Wood/Doumbouya and if he doesn't start the other, he will have his role and minutes expanded... The first I see losing his place on the starting roster from the ones at the beggining of the season, is Snell...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every great player has said this at some point in his career.

If that player is fortunate enough that the FO is able to put a championship caliber team around him, he typically stays for a long time. If he's not that fortunate...he leaves looking for another team that will.

The Bucks and Giannis will be no different.

If the Bucks don't at least make the finals this year, Giannis may still decide to stay through one more contract since it's only been since last year that they were contenders. But if they don't win a title pretty quickly, he not only is likely to leave at the end of that deal, he may ask for a trade to get out earlier.

Maybe Giannis is like a Reggie Miller who stayed with the same team his entire career even though they only made 1 finals. But I wouldn't bank on it. There aren't a lot of guys willing to do that.
Been a while, and maybe just guessing, but think that Lebron fellow might be a decent example to support your first comment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while, and maybe just guessing, but think that Lebron fellow might be a decent example to support your first comment.

I remember that guy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're correct on that. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that guy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're correct on that. lol
Might have been an article written in some rag, but not a very well known one so doubt anyone else saw it.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Lakers will be asking back for a combo guard or PG and a pick for Kuzma... They are probably looking to add a capable on the ball guard, so that Lebron can have off the ball minutes other than doing all the playmaking...

It will of course be very difficult to obtain such a player near Kuzma's current salary, so that the trade can be feasible, although many teams would be interested on Kuzma.

Perhaps GSW would be interested to trade Burks for Kuzma, but I'm not sure they'll be willing to add a pick if that is the case... The Bucks would be interested too because they need a big SF/PF combo forward to add in their roster and would throw in I'm sure a 2nd pick, but I'm pretty sure that the Bucks would insist on trading Brown, while the Lakers would be asking for Divincenzo and the Bucks, wouldn't even discuss parting from Divincenzo...