• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the future of ncaa football......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think ooc games will be lost with the expansion. i am guessing 16 teams is the goal for conferences......we go to pods and a 10 game conference schedules with one protected rivarly

(using big 12 and possible expansion targets as example:not saying big 12 gets these teams)

pod 1-- texas,tech,tcu,baylor

pod 2-- ou,osu,ku,ksu

pod 3--isu,wvu,pitt,louisville

pod 4--fsu,clemson,miami,gt

so if they use 10 games then you can avoid not playing conference foes for long stretches

play your pod (3 games) play 2 from each pod (thats 9 games total so far)
then you get your protected rival

then rotate every other year after the home&homes are played

texas schedule: tech,tcu,baylor,ku,ksu,louisville,pitt,fsu,clemson(ou every year)

then when rotation comes-tech,baylor,tcu,osu,(ou),wvu,isu,miami,gt........now when you are scheduled to play your rival as a pod opponent you will be matched up with another conference mate or they could just allow an extra ooc game that year

this is what i hope they do because i would not enjoy playing conference teams every other 5/6 years or whatever

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing OOC games would be bad. Right now you have the ability at least to see a big name school in your own stadium, not just a bowl.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have 2 non-conference games, and 3 when u rival opponent is included in 2 teams from pod?

So most likely playing all those conf opponents, they will schedule 2 or 3 non-conference cupcakes every yr, instead of a couple cupcakes and one real non-conf big time school at least.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see 9 conference games, 1 protected rivalry, 1 cupcake, 1 legit OOC game...

no idea how it would work though...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what do think of expanding schedule to an NFL schedule---16 games or maybe 14??

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing OOC games would be bad. Right now you have the ability at least to see a big name school in your own stadium, not just a bowl.

or you still get good match-ups.....ooc games will be less important for bowls and shit with the play-offs taking conference champs so why not schedule big moneymaking games and then just worry about winning the conference

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why the 4 pods? Are you setting it up for a Conference playoff, because I see no other way to determine the champion of a conference if you set it up this way?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why the 4 pods? Are you setting it up for a Conference playoff, because I see no other way to determine the champion of a conference if you set it up this way?

easier math and makes the schedule ......and i would just have the two top records play in ccg...if one team had an easy schedule sorry maybe you will get one next year

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would never happen......look how long it took to get play-offs because of "student" and "academic" worries

even though the FCS has been doing it for years with a 16 iirc team playoff... granted they have a shorter regular season....

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

best conference records with tie-breaks....head-to-head....BCS ranking....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you dont have pods then tech,tcu,baylor,osu,ou,ku,ksu,gt,wvu,pitt is the schedule

then when its rotating time you bring in fsu,clemson,miami to the other 7 games(division)....and guess what that leaves one team you havent played in 4 years

the pods allow a conference to play their conference mates more often

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if they go to 20 teams.....then i have to ask what is the fucking point,because im sure they would split the conference into two 10 team divisions and have the winners play in the ccg(which would be the only time teams from the opposite divisions played)

it would be like having two separate conferences and just saying they are both the B1G 10

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concerns are...
1. Would you be able to have an OOC rivalry game (This is only important to some schools, but still worth mentioning)

2. Would there only be 64 NCAA college football teams? If small schools (like Wofford, Sam Houston State, Savannah State, Furman, etc.) aren't able to schedule their one game a year against big time school would they still be able to have the money for their programs?

I know Delaney and other conference commissioners don't care about this, but it seems like something that might cause the NCAA to look into preventing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you dont have pods then tech,tcu,baylor,osu,ou,ku,ksu,gt,wvu,pitt is the schedule

then when its rotating time you bring in fsu,clemson,miami to the other 7 games(division)....and guess what that leaves one team you havent played in 4 years

I like the idea of 4 pods and two best records..but teams are always going to bitch they dont get in. This is best way to settle. I just like to see more non-conf---I like to see how other conf match up against other conf more rather than less.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might prefer having it split down the middle, and but switching up the two divisions every so often. It will feel like you have your own little conference and i might like that better. But i don't really know this is the first ive even thought about it.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concerns are...
1. Would you be able to have an OOC rivalry game (This is only important to some schools, but still worth mentioning)

2. Would there only be 64 NCAA college football teams? If small schools (like Wofford, Sam Houston State, Savannah State, Furman, etc.) aren't able to schedule their one game a year against big time school would they still be able to have the money for their programs?

I know Delaney and other conference commissioners don't care about this, but it seems like something that might cause the NCAA to look into preventing.

sure,you can schedule anyone you want in ooc

im sure the other teams will survive......still need one cupcake ooc game im assuming

and as for the ncaa not sure but cant the universities just tell them to gtfo if they wanted to

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would never happen......look how long it took to get play-offs because of "student" and "academic" worries

Well now it 12 games, 1 more if in conf champinship then bowl. So most is 14.

What about w/ this pod 1 or 2 more non-conference games; so you play either 15 or 16 games. So instead of 2 non-conf games you 3 or 4 like normal; but you still have pod idea. Then you can have break in schedule with 2 or 3 cupcakes but also 1 maybe 2 big non-conf opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure,you can schedule anyone you want in ooc

im sure the other teams will survive......still need one cupcake ooc game im assuming

and as for the ncaa not sure but cant the universities just tell them to gtfo if they wanted to

How many OOC games would you be having every year? Also, I think the conferences could probably up and leave the NCAA, but as long as they are NCAA members i would assume they have to go along with what they say.