• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The First Professional Golf Draft : CHAT

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, Nos, and EHB come on all three of you. We have a golf and basketball draft going on and here you ladies are talking about baseball. Shit do we need to start a third draft going on now at the same time? LOL

Lol I was just thinking this. We got a little side tracked.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pack 500 vs Ritzarmy
@blstoker vs @Nosferatu

Any bets?

I bet 500 if Redskins lose I will put Packers as my favorite sport team under my avatar for a month. However since Pack is favored how about if Packers lose you have Redskins logo for 2 months?
First off the Redskins are favored. Second off I don't think the Packers will win.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they arent. If you think that 6 year stretch touches trouts 4 years than I really don't know what the hell you're thinking. Make your argument for all timers if you will but don't deny facts and make yourself look stupid.

The numbers are close and you know it, you're just to far into the argument to stop now. What facts have I denied? It's fun to be called stupid by someone who's being stupid, it's ike a zen riddle or something...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Milk. WAR isn't everything, and I can assure you, through age 26, Jose Canseco was every bit as good as Mike Trout

Why?? I hate WAR... I don't bring it up ever... I do look at dWAR for defense, and WAR7 as a quick glance to see how well his best seasons were...

The only times I bring up WAR is when I suggest we draft using it... And I have said I want to do that more to see the relationship between how we see players and how WAR ranks players...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers are close and you know it, you're just to far into the argument to stop now. What facts have I denied? It's fun to be called stupid by someone who's being stupid, it's ike a zen riddle or something...

No. They are not. Cansecos best season is worse than trouts worst.

But yeah sure Canseco had more rbis he was so great. :L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they arent. If you think that 6 year stretch touches trouts 4 years than I really don't know what the hell you're thinking. Make your argument for all timers if you will but don't deny facts and make yourself look stupid.
Stupid? I saw both guys play, and without knowing you, I'd bet lunch you aren't old enough to have seen Canseco play, so I doubt you have the first clue in comparing the two.

Also, when you watch a game on any network, all the way through the World Series, when the guy walks to the plate, do they post his WAR under his name? How about in the newspaper? NO. Average, HR's and RBI

Here's a tip. Today's greatest athletes are not any better than the greats of the past. Kobe came up at the end of MJ's career, MJ was better(and the GOAT). At the start of his career, MJ played against Magic and Bird, who were the same caliber players. Magic will tell you KAJ, who he played with early on, was the best player ever. KAJ came along at the end for Wilt, who was considered better than KAJ. It's the same in baseball. Maybe Trout puts up the same numbers for 15 more years, and maybe he doesn't. You can't say for sure yet, only that he's been great for 4 years

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this argument to the mock draft chat thread please.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? I hate WAR... I don't bring it up ever... I do look at dWAR for defense, and WAR7 as a quick glance to see how well his best seasons were...

The only times I bring up WAR is when I suggest we draft using it... And I have said I want to do that more to see the relationship between how we see players and how WAR ranks players...
I'm giving you a hard time because you're an analytic. Relax

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I get a negative icon for my comment now that's BS

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is what the hell happened to Randall "Tex" Cobb? Is he injured?

Ever since he broke his leg in the 2013 his speed and explosiveness haven't been the same, despite his great year last season. Combine that with the constant doubles he's seeing on the inside with no outside threats you get what you get. Hopefully once Jordy is back that will open up the middle for him again, but it's clear he needs Nelson to be successful. Also the Packers are never creative enough with him. He's actually the only Packer I've ever met in person and he was awesome, so doesn't strike me as the type to take the money and shut it down.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And milk why haven't you picked yet I'm dying to take MJ's first draft pick

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They are not. Cansecos best season is worse than trouts worst.

But yeah sure Canseco had more rbis he was so great. :L

lol wow... It's actually not but thanks for trying...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that Oakley would not have decapitated Steph Curry and accepted getting tossed with no suspension if Curry played in the 80s? This is unrelated, but I get the feeling that once Curry started prancing like an idiot because he did his job he would have done it once and never again. and his career would be one of the great what ifs as he never would have played in more than 20 games as his fragile child body got destroyed by the enforcers.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid? I saw both guys play, and without knowing you, I'd bet lunch you aren't old enough to have seen Canseco play, so I doubt you have the first clue in comparing the two.

Also, when you watch a game on any network, all the way through the World Series, when the guy walks to the plate, do they post his WAR under his name? How about in the newspaper? NO. Average, HR's and RBI

Here's a tip. Today's greatest athletes are not any better than the greats of the past. Kobe came up at the end of MJ's career, MJ was better(and the GOAT). At the start of his career, MJ played against Magic and Bird, who were the same caliber players. Magic will tell you KAJ, who he played with early on, was the best player ever. KAJ came along at the end for Wilt, who was considered better than KAJ. It's the same in baseball. Maybe Trout puts up the same numbers for 15 more years, and maybe he doesn't. You can't say for sure yet, only that he's been great for 4 years

Seeing Canseco play isnt relevant dude. We have plenty of info to figure these things out without seeing everybody play.

RBIs are put there becuase theyre familiar to people. If you want to use the same stats they had in 1910 and not accept that we have better ways of evaluating players now then thats on you.

Have I ever said todays greats are better? No. You should know Im no Kobe fan. But to say todays greats arent as good as the greats of old - well thats just as stupid as the inverse (not that you're saying that necessarily).

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Milk. WAR isn't everything, and I can assure you, through age 26, Jose Canseco was every bit as good as Mike Trout

Dude. Even if one agreed they were equal offensively Trout blows him out of the water defensively.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wow... It's actually not but thanks for trying...

The funny thing is that even if I threw you a bone and said ok Cansecos best year is equal to Trouts worst - thats still comparing Cansecos best ever season to Trouts worst ever!!!