• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The First 10 games

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like 9 of them are winnable. Looking at the teams they play and where they play them I only see one team (The eagles) that is markedly better than the 49ers. Not saying they'll win nine games but nine of those teams are no better than the 49ers. Am I blind?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with winnable, but I think Philly, Tampa, Detroit and maybe NY have better teams.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with winnable, but I think Philly, Tampa, Detroit and maybe NY have better teams.

Philly was the one unwinnable game I had but I think that playing Tampa and New York at home somewhat mitigates the fact that they may be slightly better than the Niners. The Giants are already in injury trouble with three Corners down and Tuck and Uminyoura. I hope Harbaugh does not accept the built in 49er excuse that they cannot win in the east because of the time difference.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly was the one unwinnable game I had but I think that playing Tampa and New York at home somewhat mitigates the fact that they may be slightly better than the Niners. The Giants are already in injury trouble with three Corners down and Tuck and Uminyoura. I hope Harbaugh does not accept the built in 49er excuse that they cannot win in the east because of the time difference.

Tampa owned us last year and have improved. We have improved as well, but they still worry me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What an odd statement. Why would you even think that an NFL coach could think something like that?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tampa owned us last year and have improved. We have improved as well, but they still worry me.

The did dominate the Niners last year but that was because of Troy Smith and Singletary's inability to scheme a game plan. That 10-6 record they had last year was a mirage; they were lucky. This year they've already lost to the Lions at home.
Even though I think 9 of the games are winnable I also have to say that 9 of those games are losable as well because I don't see a discernable diffference in them and the 49ers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been an excuse the 49ers have used for years and it drives me crazy. I think it is about time we had a coach who does not accept it.

Huh? When did we have a coach that prematurely accepted a loss on the East Coast?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out "next 10 games"

DAL @ SF
SF @ CIN
SF @ PHI
TB @ SF
SF @ DET
bye
CLE @ SF
SF @ WAS
NYG @ SF
ARI @ SF

I would 3-4 teams have better overall talent than we do. But only the philly game i see where we just wont win since, IMO, it fits well against our weakness(speed) Unless we pull it off with the run game and physical play.

Is 9 wins going to happen? nah, i would say 6-3 over that stretch thus leaving us at 7-3 into wk 11.... very good IMO.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huh? When did we have a coach that prematurely accepted a loss on the East Coast?

Singletary, Erickson, Nolan. I believe I've heard all of them talk about how difficult it is to play back there because of the time difference. It has something to do with being a bad to mediocre team during those guys' tenures but when you keep hearing coaches and especially players say how difficult it is to for a west coast team to go back east and play an "early" game it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
I guess what I'd like to see from Harbaugh is that never come out of his mouth and not to allow it to ever come out of a player's mouth and to flat out instill in them that he will accept no excuses for poor play on the east coast.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Out "next 10 games"

DAL @ SF
SF @ CIN
SF @ PHI
TB @ SF
SF @ DET
bye
CLE @ SF
SF @ WAS
NYG @ SF
ARI @ SF

I would 3-4 teams have better overall talent than we do. But only the philly game i see where we just wont win since, IMO, it fits well against our weakness(speed) Unless we pull it off with the run game and physical play.

Is 9 wins going to happen? nah, i would say 6-3 over that stretch thus leaving us at 7-3 into wk 11.... very good IMO.

I could see it. A lot of things would have to go right, but I could see it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
every game is winnable but every game is also losable. we barely got ONE win so lets not get over confident.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
every game is winnable but every game is also losable. we barely got ONE win so lets not get over confident.

Agreed. I said as much in post #6. I don't think anyone is getting over confident yet. It was clear from the Seattle game that this team has a long way to go. It's just that they have a pretty mundane schedule for the first 10 and they could make some hay.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i've read it somewhere that we only used, apparently, 5% of the offensive plays vs the seahawks......

interesting as to what else is there to see.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there this offseason was short... but when do they feel is a good time to open up the other 95% of the playbook?? When we lose 6 in a row and the season is over?? The funny thing is... if that is really only 5%... it looked a lot like 100% of Singletary's offense.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know there this offseason was short... but when do they feel is a good time to open up the other 95% of the playbook?? When we lose 6 in a row and the season is over?? The funny thing is... if that is really only 5%... it looked a lot like 100% of Singletary's offense.

Ha ha! What do you think of SC so far?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going 14-2. A lot of winnable games.

:rofl: