• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think football wise, the QB was largely irrelevant. Hurts is better than Sudfeld. Hurts gives them a running game big improvement but whatever passing. The real issue here isn't winning the game or the Giants or fuck all else. To me, the only issue here is Doug Pederson basically slapping his veteran players faces. I can't see how the leaders on this team can have any respect for Pederson going forward. I have a feeling Pederson either gets the axe or quits but maybe if Lurie doesn't can him, he stays because I doubt any other team would hire him. This entire thing starts and ends with Doug P.

Not only that but I didn't understand why he would not want to get as much of a look at Hurts as possible? I mean it's not like his story is known right now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Redskins and cowgirls weren’t the only teams to take advantage of it. They were the only teams to get punished though

Yeah there is no way to defend that penalty. The message of what they could and could not do in an uncapped year is called collusion. And again if the contracts voided this agreement (collusion) then why did the league sign off on them, and then come back 2 years later with a huge penalty for contracts they approved?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is no way to defend that penalty. The message of what they could and could not do in an uncapped year is called collusion. And again if the contracts voided this agreement (collusion) then why did the league sign off on them, and then come back 2 years later with a huge penalty for contracts they approved?
They also waited to do it on the eve of fa.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you forgot twice this season

Yeah I was in full tank for a QB pick during both of those games so it was painful but I was OK. Did the same thing last year and the tank provided Chase Young so I have no regrets.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that would have been a better scenario. Nobody would be saying anything about it then even if Wentz failed. I think the one thing about this more than putting Sudfeld in was keeping him in after the fumble and pick. It was obvious that Nate was trash. Just put Hurts back in at that point, imo.
I turned it off pretty soon after the half.

Hurts had a couple good plays, but he is not on Wentz's level when Wentz is playing well.

We just need to get Wentz back to that level with all the right weapons.

and protect him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was in full tank for a QB pick during both of those games so it was painful but I was OK. Did the same thing last year and the tank provided Chase Young so I have no regrets.

Giants beating you guys in Week 17 cost us Chase

most miserable day of a terrible season for me

we got a turnstile left tackle instead

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but I didn't understand why he would not want to get as much of a look at Hurts as possible? I mean it's not like his story is known right now.
Unless Pederson knew he was coaching his last game in Philadelphia and so just straight up didn't give a damn.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a team in cap hell, seemingly no QB option on the roster, and players all over the league tweeting they would never want to play there after last night ( I know that can change), that’s what there was to lose

time will tell

we all know that player nonsense is meaningless. flash the cash and they come running. they do need to rebuild however, and it's going to take a few years. the draft position is 100x's more important than the fake ass respect.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants beating you guys in Week 17 cost us Chase

most miserable day of a terrible season for me

we got a turnstile left tackle instead
Was a hell of a game too. Won it in OT

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know that player nonsense is meaningless. flash the cash and they come running. they do need to rebuild however, and it's going to take a few years. the draft position is 100x's more important than the fake ass respect.

if however multiple teams are “flashing the cash” it definitely is a factor

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Pederson knew he was coaching his last game in Philadelphia and so just straight up didn't give a damn.
Doug isn't going anywhere

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the league approve the contracts?
It isn't and wasn't the NFL's policy to police every contract, especially during a dispute. Teams were told NOT to use roster bonuses rather than signing bonuses to get around future years' cap issues, (by dumping all the cap into a year with no salary cap). Despite that Washington chose to sign Haynesworth to a contract with a large roster bonus rather than a signing bonus. The purpose was to take all the 'cap hit' in that year rather than some in that year and 4 times that amount in later years. Effectively Washington was trying to 'steal' additional future cap space...and it wasn't just with Haynesworth. The Cowboys responded by paying Austin a $16M roster bonus rather than a signing bonus. Effectively they took all of the hit in 2010 when there was no salary cap rather than a $3.2M hit with $12.8M in later years. The Cowboys 'penalty' for stealing $12.8M in future cap space was to lose $10M of what they had gained, several years later, and in installments. lmao. The NFL should have acted sooner and it should have penalised other teams that abused the rules, (Chargers for gaining a financial advantage with their use of expired CBA year of RFA rules to get 2 high value players cheap + Buccaneers for under-spending). However, the NFL is a billionaire boys club which only penalises the most egregious offending owners and only when the other owners are incensed about the scale of the offence.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, it was a competitive game.....if anybody made a mockery of the NFL.....it was the Dolphins.....see that great defense yesterday?

That team had a rabbit foot up its ass all year. No way thats a ten win team. But thanks the the Texans they have a good chance to build something

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't and wasn't the NFL's policy to police every contract, especially during a dispute. Teams were told NOT to use roster bonuses rather than signing bonuses to get around future years' cap issues, (by dumping all the cap into a year with no salary cap). Despite that Washington chose to sign Haynesworth to a contract with a large roster bonus rather than a signing bonus. The purpose was to take all the 'cap hit' in that year rather than some in that year and 4 times that amount in later years. Effectively Washington was trying to 'steal' additional future cap space...and it wasn't just with Haynesworth. The Cowboys responded by paying Austin a $16M roster bonus rather than a signing bonus. Effectively they took all of the hit in 2010 when there was no salary cap rather than a $3.2M hit with $12.8M in later years. The Cowboys 'penalty' for stealing $12.8M in future cap space was to lose $10M of what they had gained, several years later, and in installments. lmao. The NFL should have acted sooner and it should have penalised other teams that abused the rules, (Chargers for gaining a financial advantage with their use of expired CBA year of RFA rules to get 2 high value players cheap + Buccaneers for under-spending). However, the NFL is a billionaire boys club which only penalises the most egregious offending owners and only when the other owners are incensed about the scale of the offence.

We all understood what they did. And there was no rule preventing it, just an agreement and that is collusion.

You wrote a lot of words but never addressed my question. Why did the league approve the contracts? Of course it's their job to police every contract, that is the entire reason for an approval process. How can they come back years later and assess massive cap penalties for contracts they approved?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understood what they did. And there was no rule preventing it, just an agreement and that is collusion.

You wrote a lot of words but never addressed my question. Why did the league approve the contracts? Of course it's their job to police every contract, that is the entire reason for an approval process. How can they come back years later and assess massive cap penalties for contracts they approved?
You should ask the NFL why they didn't immediately flag the contracts rather than me. I pointed out the issues on the NFL.com forums at the time. As for massive penalties...lmao. If you're supposed to structure the contract for $XXX in each year for 5 years, you account for all of it immediately in an uncapped year to gain 4 years of $XXX cap, and the league takes away less than 4 lots of $XXX, (years later and in installments), then it's not even a penalty. For the record it didn't happen sooner because the cap didn't immediately come back in, (partly because of such behaviour).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it off pretty soon after the half.

Hurts had a couple good plays, but he is not on Wentz's level when Wentz is playing well.

We just need to get Wentz back to that level with all the right weapons.

and protect him.
I agree but Doug P has totally fucked this thing up from day 1. It's pretty obvious to anyone looking at the body language and the side looks, etc. that the relationship is fucked. I don't see how Lurie can possibly keep Pederson now. And Pederson did himself no favors in the post game presser. In the same breath, he said he was playing to win and giving Sudfeld reps for his loyalty to the team or some off the wall nonsense.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Doug P has totally fucked this thing up from day 1. It's pretty obvious to anyone looking at the body language and the side looks, etc. that the relationship is fucked. I don't see how Lurie can possibly keep Pederson now. And Pederson did himself no favors in the post game presser. In the same breath, he said he was playing to win and giving Sudfeld reps for his loyalty to the team or some off the wall nonsense.
I never said Doug fucked anything up. You are putting a lot of words in my mouth here.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Doug fucked anything up. You are putting a lot of words in my mouth here.
Okay, sorry. Didn't really word that properly. I agree that Wentz needs to get back but I just don't see it happening with Pederson.