• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The dreaded MLB offseason awards

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, nothing makes me more pessimistic than hearing the White Sox won the off season.

I'm excited though about the idea that the "rebuild" is ready to take the field. The core talent of championship contending team. Now the question is high can these guys go and when will they get there? It's going to be very fun to follow this team this year - just from the standpoint that it is a serious team.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, nothing makes me more pessimistic than hearing the White Sox won the off season.

I'm excited though about the idea that the "rebuild" is ready to take the field. The core talent of championship contending team. Now the question is high can these guys go and when will they get there? It's going to be very fun to follow this team this year - just from the standpoint that it is a serious team.

You ever watch the Eddie Murphy Raw standup?

We are a Saltine cracker right now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, that's why I labeled the title as dreaded. I distinctly remember the '14/'15 offseason, which just about every sports writer and pundit declared the Sox as that offseason's winner. Look where that got us. But that was then, this is now and besides, a number of teams fared quite well this winter: the Yankees, Dodgers, Reds, Angels, and yes the Twins. So there really isn't a clearcut offseason "champ" this time around.

Speaking of the Reds, who I thought in particular did really well to improve their roster, my better half and I will be attending the game against them at Camelback Ranch on March 9th. The Sox also host the Rangers the next day and we originally planned to catch that game as well, but our daughter is flying in for a visit the following day afterward, so it will be tough to get that game in, then having to race back to Vegas the same day.