• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dez rules...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Before the start of the 2012 season, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant agreed to a strict set of conduct rules. They were set up by Bryant and his adviser David Wells in consultation with team officials.
Two years in, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said the rules should remain in place.

"He doesn't need to drop his guard," Jones said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "In some respect, none of us do."

Jones' comments brought about laughter during his chat with beat writers.

Bryant must adhere the following guidelines:
A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance.
No alcohol.
He can't attend strip clubs and can attend nightclubs only if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

If Bryant breaks any of the rules, he must have a legitimate excuse. If so, team officials are in contact with him quickly.

The rules stem from a difficult 2012 offseason in which Bryant was charged with allegedly assaulting his mother, Angela Bryant. The receiver was charged with a Class A misdemeanor by the DeSoto, Texas, police department.

The Dallas County district attorney's office dropped the charges against Bryant and made two stipulations: Bryant must agree to counseling sessions, and he must stay out of trouble for one year. That was accomplished.

The only controversy Bryant seems to find these days is on the field, but team officials cite his passionate nature. Bryant got into a nasty spat with tight end Jason Witten during a loss to the Detroit Lions last season and left the field before another loss with the Green Bay Packers was over.

Bryant said he made mistakes in both instances and apologized to Witten and his teammates.

"But as far as his ability to help us win as a player, he is an established player," Jones said.

Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones expects Dez Bryant to keep his guard up - ESPN Dallas

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and people wonder why I don't want him to get a 12-15million per year contract

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit it is a little concerning to think there is still a need to do this. It makes you wonder if it would be the best way to spend the money or not. I still think yes, but would be a lot more hesitant and nervous now if i am the team...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit it is a little concerning to think there is still a need to do this. It makes you wonder if it would be the best way to spend the money or not. I still think yes, but would be a lot more hesitant and nervous now if i am the team...

My idea has always been trade him now because of the depth in this draft...... but since that isn't going to happen.... The one thing I wouldn't do is give him a contract before the end of the season.

Make him play this year out. So much as one fuck up, one sideline rant, walk off the field, and of that crap and I just tag him next year.

If no team trades for him..... I take all of those rules off of him and give him every chance to fuck up and to bring his own value down OR to prove he is finally a man rather than a child in a mans body

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it's a big deal. The "rules" set for Dez seemed to have worked, or been working. Not really an issue or concern for me I guess. If they are working, sure, "keep them in place."

My issues with him are his small route tree and his nagging back injuries.

I'd trade him right now if we could because his value would be high. I just don't see Jerry doing it because he's exactly the kind of player Jerry loves, big time play maker.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it's a big deal. The "rules" set for Dez seemed to have worked, or been working. Not really an issue or concern for me I guess. If they are working, sure, "keep them in place."

My issues with him are his small route tree and his nagging back injuries.

I'd trade him right now if we could because his value would be high. I just don't see Jerry doing it because he's exactly the kind of player Jerry loves, big time play maker.

Jerry wont trade him

I would but Jerry wont.

And my thing with him is all of it. It's the total Dez package. A baby sitter crew is nothing something a guy that is going to get 12-15 million a year should have to have.
Runs what 4 routes?
If it's not a back injury it's having spasms or cramping up
Then add in the sideline crap.

What scares the hell out of me with him is when he gets a new contract he wont have those rules in place. Which right now is a coin flip with what you get from him after that. He's given me no reason to think otherwise.

The ONLY positives I can find with him is he can make some amazing plays. And he is good for 10 TDs a year......... But when I say that ..... Think back and remember.... So was Marion Barber BEFORE he got paid

I would find some sort of trade where I could land Watkins ........ Fix the cap .... Resign Smith and move on :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will not trade Dez.
That would be a sign of rebuilding and no way jerry does that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Before the start of the 2012 season, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant agreed to a strict set of conduct rules. They were set up by Bryant and his adviser David Wells in consultation with team officials.
Two years in, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said the rules should remain in place.

"He doesn't need to drop his guard," Jones said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "In some respect, none of us do."

A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance.
No alcohol.
He can't attend strip clubs and can attend nightclubs only if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

If Bryant breaks any of the rules, he must have a legitimate excuse. If so, team officials are in contact with him quickly.

The rules stem from a difficult 2012 offseason in which Bryant was charged with allegedly assaulting his mother, Angela Bryant. The receiver was charged with a Class A misdemeanor by the DeSoto, Texas, police department.

The Dallas County district attorney's office dropped the charges against Bryant and made two stipulations: Bryant must agree to counseling sessions, and he must stay out of trouble for one year. That was accomplished.

The only controversy Bryant seems to find these days is on the field, but team officials cite his passionate nature. Bryant got into a nasty spat with tight end Jason Witten during a loss to the Detroit Lions last season and left the field before another loss with the Green Bay Packers was over.

Bryant said he made mistakes in both instances and apologized to Witten and his teammates.

"But as far as his ability to help us win as a player, he is an established player," Jones said.

Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones expects Dez Bryant to keep his guard up - ESPN Dallas
In other words, he has to act like a responsible adult

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No alcohol.

Per Mike Fisher 105.3 the fan in Dallas those rules are all hogwash and don't exist and the Cowboys had no part in putting them out there it was all Dez's people. Other than the DA's office rules nothing has came from the Cowboys on this issue.

JFYI

Don't know if true or not but Mike is a pretty reliable source when it comes to Dallas area sports

Y'all draw your own conclusions

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Mike Fisher 105.3 the fan in Dallas those rules are all hogwash and don't exist and the Cowboys had no part in putting them out there it was all Dez's people. Other than the DA's office rules nothing has came from the Cowboys on this issue.

JFYI

Don't know if true or not but Mike is a pretty reliable source when it comes to Dallas area sports

Heard this as well and came away with...what the fuck/ Dez's people?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JFYI

Seems weird. Why would Dez's people put out something that embarasses him like that? Also if that's true, what do you make of this:

"Two years in, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said the rules should remain in place.

"He doesn't need to drop his guard," Jones said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "In some respect, none of us do.""

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems weird. Why would Dez's people put out something that embarasses him like that? Also if that's true, what do you make of this:

"Two years in, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said the rules should remain in place.

"He doesn't need to drop his guard," Jones said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "In some respect, none of us do.""

Man you got me ? Dez's people trying to help with his legal issues back then ?

And Jerry well he has never met a microphone he did not think needed to hear his voice. And Jerry has had a few of his own " alcohol induced moments " himself . Maybe he is just saying to keep your guard up cause its a jungle out there for anybody to try to knock you down.
I would bet Henry Melton wishes he had stayed home that night he got in a scrape with the folks at the bar.

We may not know the real truth until Dez is out of the league

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the babysitter part is true.

He has someone with him at all times to keep him out of trouble.