• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Denver Broncos Thread

How Far Will the Denver Broncos Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos finish 12-4 and earn the #3 playoff seed. AFC Playoff seeds:

Patriots: 14-2 (Lots of talk about Brady being on steep decline. I just don't see it. He is still elite and the the Pats have a favorable schedule this year.)

Colts: 13-3 (This team gets a little better every year. Like the Pats, they have a favorable schedule and look to separate themselves from the pack.)

Broncos: 12-4 (I think they are as good as the Patriots and better than the Colts, but their schedule is pretty stout. 12-4 against their schedule would be a noteworthy achievement.)

Steelers, Ravens or Bengals: 10-6 (I'm not sure which one it's going to be. Every season this is one of the tougher divisions to predict.)

Chargers: 11-5 (Rivers is an elite QB and enjoyed a resurgence in his career last season. Their schedule is favorable early, though they finish against a very tough slate.)

Steelers, Ravens or Bengals: 10-6 (One of these teams will win the division, obviously. One of the remaining two will probably claim the final playoff seed. The Browns are still a step or two behind these three.)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Broncos falling earlier in the playoffs. Like you, I don't see the team that improves and performs this miracle. It is only a prediction based on the fact that historically speaking, besides the SB winner (seattle) likely not repeating, the SB loser usually takes a dive.

I am expecting NE to win the AFCCG but I think Denver won't play in it.
I think the NE defense will be very good this year.
I am an admitted homer this time of year.

Normally.... But the 49rs kinda bucked that trend pretty well last year.... Looking at the AFC I just don't see any power house teams that can trump Denver... I think it's gonna be between the Pats and Denver again..

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Seattle, @New England, San Francisco: Win 1.
Oakland, @St. Louis, @Oakland, Buffalo, @NY Jets, Miami: Win 5.
San Diego, Kansas City, @San Diego: Win 2.
Cincinnati, Arizona, Indianapolis, @Kansas City: Win 3.

11-5.

I predict 12-4 because I think that they win more of the games that are close. When I said win 5, it's probably 6, anyway.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just voting an every other year thing, they went to the SB last year, so voted lower this year. I could see any of the top three options (SB, lose SB, lose AFCC).

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's D has a good chance to be very good this year. I don't see the offense dropping off much either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEN is the clear cut favorite to represent the AFC again in the SB imo. As others have posted, they got better on paper...IMO not a better player than Decker, but Sanders will flourish with Manning so I don't expect much dropoff on OFC...We'll have to see how the new DEF players do....is Ware still a force? Should get his share of 1 on 1 matchups on this team...the back 4 look solid.

Of course the games have to be played and as per norm I look at the Non DIV games home & away and I could see DEB running the table @ home if SF hasn't figured it out...on the road I could see them losing at least 3 of the 5...SEA & NE are just hard places to win games...STL won't be pushed around, but have to worry if they can score enough...CIN can certainly score.

My guess 11-5 overall as I see them sweeping OAK, possibly SD also, and worse case splitting with KC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver lost one of their LBers and one of their oline players and their best running back. I dont think they are a better team than last year but they probably wont be worse.

Elite Peyton probably has 2 years in him tops, though

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver lost one of their LBers and one of their oline players and their best running back. I dont think they are a better team than last year but they probably wont be worse.

LBers are still a question for the broncos. But the loss of Moreno and Beadles is not that big of a deal. Moreno was a RB that would get you 4 yards if the defense gave 4 yards. His strengths were in passing. Ball is the better runner and I think will be good in the passing game. Getting Clady back and shifting the Oline gives them a bit better than what they had last year with Beadles.

I think the biggest improvement will be on defense and barring injuries it will be a top 10 unit again.

I think the broncos will be just as good as last year with offense taking a step back (because it is hard to match 2013 numbers) and the defense stepping up. Probably a 11-5 or 12-4 team.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since someone saw fit to bump this old thread today, I think it worth posting here what Tony Gonzalez thinks about this year's Broncos team: Tony Gonzalez says the Denver Broncos will go undefeated - Mile High Report

Excerpts:
""I think it's going to be a Denver-Seattle rematch in the Super Bowl,'' Gonzalez said. "And I would go with Denver this time. Giving Peyton two shots at it, to go against the same team, I'll take Peyton. He didn't have his All-Pro left tackle against them last year and they didn't have their right corner."

""In looking at Denver in the preseason and Peyton Manning's command of that offense, he'll pick up right where he left off last year," said Gonzalez, "And defensively, they went out like good organizations do and addressed their weaknesses.""

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since someone saw fit to bump this old thread today, I think it worth posting here what Tony Gonzalez thinks about this year's Broncos team: Tony Gonzalez says the Denver Broncos will go undefeated - Mile High Report

Excerpts:
""I think it's going to be a Denver-Seattle rematch in the Super Bowl,'' Gonzalez said. "And I would go with Denver this time. Giving Peyton two shots at it, to go against the same team, I'll take Peyton. He didn't have his All-Pro left tackle against them last year and they didn't have their right corner."

""In looking at Denver in the preseason and Peyton Manning's command of that offense, he'll pick up right where he left off last year," said Gonzalez, "And defensively, they went out like good organizations do and addressed their weaknesses.""

I'm not the biggest fan of Fox as a game day coach, but I like both coordinators...this is kind of an uneasy position to be in as a fan...your team looks great on paper...great in preseason so far...really a SB or bust kind of season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems like a very simplified thought to the team. I guess which Linebacker are you talking about? They have lost Trevathan for the first maybe 2-3 games of the season not the whole season so don't think that one can be that big of an issue. If you are talking about Woodyard he was a back up most of the year last year anyway. Throw in the linebacking crew has added Von Miller to it. He only played in a handful of games last year. I would say that is a huge upgrade to the linebacking crew considering even in the small number of games he did play in he graded out as the best OLB in the NFL last season. Consider that they get that for the whole season now (unless he gets injured again).

On the OLine if you are talking about losing Beadles I don't know how you can consider that much of a loss. He graded out as like the 53rd best Guard in the NFL. Throw in we have 4 of the same starters from last year with the new one for the year being Clady (All-Pro the year before). So essentially we are subbing Clady for Beadles at this point on the OL. I think that is a major upgrade in my book at least.

Moreno is the big question mark at this point. Honestly as a RB he wasn't that good. Now receiving and blocking he excelled for the team but actually running the football he was average at best. He ran against the lightest boxes in the NFL and barely averaged 4 YPC. Ball for the 2nd half of the season averaged 6 YPC and was proving to be the better runner of the two. In half the carries he actually had just as many broken tackles as that of Moreno. So the question mark is can Ball help replace him as a blocker and receiver. We will have to wait and see.

Other changes on the team from last year...

Decker gone--Sanders/Latimer in--Don't know if this will be an upgrade yet or not. Sanders has been getting rave reviews from camp as has Latimer. I like the chances of them replacing his production together.

Ihenacho bench/cut--TJ Ward in--This might be the biggest upgrade on the team.

Mike Adams out--Rahim Moore in--Again a decent upgrade.

DRC out--Talib/Roby in--we shall see if this ends up being an upgrade

Shaun Phillips out--DeMarcus Ware in--This is another big upgrade if Ware can stay healthy

Woodyard/Lenon out--Nate Irving in--Another one we shall see what happens. Good reports so far of Irving in practice and in the preseason so far.

Those are all the major changes for this year. For the most part I think it would be hard to argue the team has upgraded at quite a few positions. I might be a homer though so who knows.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a very simplified thought to the team. I guess which Linebacker are you talking about? They have lost Trevathan for the first maybe 2-3 games of the season not the whole season so don't think that one can be that big of an issue.
Somehow I thought he was out for the season.

I'm just saying that Peyton Manning had the best passing season ever and Peyton Manning is old. I'm kinda building in a 'Denver's offense won't be as unstoppable on a relative scale next year' factor in to the fact that their secondary will be better and they'll theoretically have 2 of their 5 best players back from injuries.

The AFC really looks like Denver, New England and everyone else. They played each other last year and both teams were decimated.

The other factor might be: Denver might be much better on offense this year because those WR pick plays will be 100% unstoppable with the new enforcement. If thats the case, they might go 14-2

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying that Peyton Manning had the best passing season ever and Peyton Manning is old. I'm kinda building in a 'Denver's offense won't be as unstoppable on a relative scale next year' factor in to the fact that their secondary will be better and they'll theoretically have 2 of their 5 best players back from injuries.

The AFC really looks like Denver, New England and everyone else. They played each other last year and both teams were decimated.

The other factor might be: Denver might be much better on offense this year because those WR pick plays will be 100% unstoppable with the new enforcement. If thats the case, they might go 14-2

If you look into Peyton's surgery that he had on his neck you can quickly figure out he actually should be still getting a bit stronger. Essentially what happens is it takes a while to get full feeling back in the arm. He talks about how his right triceps is still not quite fully back yet but it is getting better. Most onlookers this year at camp have said his arm actually looks better than last year at this time. He has actually had to rework on some of his timing with his receivers because the ball is getting there too soon because he has some extra heat. So at least in my opinion Manning should be just as strong this year with a lot better OL in front him with the return of Clady.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with my team in the AFC I would have to agree with that bold...everyone in the AFCN (except CLE) can win 10+ games but also has something to improve on from LY before they can be considered legit SB contenders...IMO IND takes a take back this year as does KC.

The big benefit for NE is the AFCE...barring an injury to Brady, it's pretty much a lock they will win the DIV and will have the 1st or 2nd seed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with my team in the AFC I would have to agree with that bold...everyone in the AFCN (except CLE) can win 10+ games but also has something to improve on from LY before they can be considered legit SB contenders...IMO IND takes a take back this year as does KC.

The big benefit for NE is the AFCE...barring an injury to Brady, it's pretty much a lock they will win the DIV and will have the 1st or 2nd seed.

I definitely agree KC takes a step back. With Indy I don't know how big of one they take back considering their division doesn't look that great yet. They have some teams with some future promise but every team but Indy looks a year or two away from being competitive. I will say though that OL for Indy looks terrible. Andrew Luck is not going to enjoy a few of these games and all the hits he will take.

The AFC North definitely is the tough division to know what is going to happen. Pittsburgh having their #1 and #2 RB arrested yesterday is not going to help the cause but of all the quarterbacks in the AFC North Ben is about the only one I would trust to lead my team. I think the AFC North is probably going to come down to injuries and a couple of lucky breaks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver has a good chance to win the Super Bowl, 50-50. They didn't match up well against Seattle, but they won't have to worry about that. Seattle isn't getting back

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver has a good chance to win the Super Bowl, 50-50. They didn't match up well against Seattle, but they won't have to worry about that. Seattle isn't getting back

Why is that? They are the favorite in the NFC and I don't know of any reason that they shouldn't be.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? They are the favorite in the NFC and I don't know of any reason that they shouldn't be.

Since 2005, no Super Bowl Champion has won a playoff GAME the following season. Seattle isn't going back. The NFC is stacked

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2005, no Super Bowl Champion has won a playoff GAME the following season. Seattle isn't going back. The NFC is stacked

I am not persuaded that a trend will continue simply because it has been established.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree KC takes a step back. With Indy I don't know how big of one they take back considering their division doesn't look that great yet. They have some teams with some future promise but every team but Indy looks a year or two away from being competitive. I will say though that OL for Indy looks terrible. Andrew Luck is not going to enjoy a few of these games and all the hits he will take.

The AFC North definitely is the tough division to know what is going to happen. Pittsburgh having their #1 and #2 RB arrested yesterday is not going to help the cause but of all the quarterbacks in the AFC North Ben is about the only one I would trust to lead my team. I think the AFC North is probably going to come down to injuries and a couple of lucky breaks.

KC...my brother n law is a big big KC fan...every year we have a bet (dinner gift card somewhere) on whose team finishes with the best record...I ended up paying up BEFORE the regular freakin season was over...this year I hope to fare better.

Reid must know something that we don't (I'm sure he does) but I'm guessing 9-7...suspect WRs/TE, really poor draft on paper and too many FA losses.

AFCN...yeah, just being honest, lot of IFs thru out the DIV. This new one that just developed in PIT, I'm not too worried about...Blount I don't think will miss any time...Bell? We'll have to see.

Right now they look okay, but when the games start counting, I'm more concerned about LT...can Beachum hold up?...#2 WR...is Wheaton for real?...OLB...is Jarvis Jones a legit NFL 3-4 OLB? BAL & CIN have their share as well and CLE...they can be a .500 team at best imo.

Whomever does win the north could be a dangerous team in the playoffs though....especially PIT or BAL because the QBs have rings...for right now, I'm just hoping to get my dinner back!