• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Denver Broncos Thread

How Far Will the Denver Broncos Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Denver trades Peyton Manning for Tom Brady, they're gonna lose again if they are lucky enough to get there. I think they take a step back this year but hope that they make it so the Niners will have an easy victory like Seattle did.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Denver trades Peyton Manning for Tom Brady, they're gonna lose again if they are lucky enough to get there. I think they take a step back this year but hope that they make it so the Niners will have an easy victory like Seattle did.

You say they take a step back, but don't explain why. On paper they look better then last year. They have their LT back, which is Hugh in itself. Then added Talib and Ware, which should help their defense. Sure they a couple of players, but no one that really matters.
IMO, it is the play of Peyton Manning that could matter, but he did have a great year last year, certainly better then Brady did.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has another good year because he is doing it with his head not his arm.
Broncos 12-4, win division and get knocked out of the playoffs

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has another good year because he is doing it with his head not his arm.
Broncos 12-4, win division and get knocked out of the playoffs
I just don't see anyone in the AFC that could knock the Bronco's out of the playoffs. I hope you arent suggesting the Pats, who are really the Jaguars with a better quarterback.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any "easy" victories for the 7-9 49'ers. Better just focus on getting past the Rams and Cards and trying to back into the playoffs.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton will have another unbelievable season. Probably not record breaking, but 5000+ yards and 40+ TDs again. If they don't win the SB, its a complete and utter failure. Just look at the team on paper. They are the most talented team in the league baring injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said. Any individual vote for the Broncos is justified. But the fact that there is a good handful of general fans that voted for Denver and not a single one that voted for Seattle is a joke. It's reflective of how many people simply dont want to see Seattle win, i.e. haters.

So question how do you know that not a single general fan voted for Seattle? Did you actually see every person who voted for what? Or are you just assuming such a thing. Now as for the general population not voting for Seattle it is somewhat understandable. Repeating in the NFL is one of the hardest things to do. In the NFL the top teams compared to even the bottom teams are not that far off. It is why the NFL has the most turn over from one year to the next. Throw in they play in a division that honestly I could make a case for all 4 teams in the NFC West to win the division this year. With Seattle playing the 1st place schedule that makes it all that much more difficult to not only win the Super Bowl but to even win the division or even make the playoffs. Throw in right now my top-10 teams in the NFL would have probably 7 NFC teams with Denver, New England, and Indy the only ones in the AFC that would be close (maybe could make a case for Cincinnati). So the path to the Super Bowl is a lot easier for the Broncos compared to that of Seattle. A few key injuries and Seattle could go down hill in a hurry (obviously same could be said of any team but again is why it is so hard to repeat as most teams don't have great injury luck from one year to the next).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question how do you know that not a single general fan voted for Seattle? Did you actually see every person who voted for what? Or are you just assuming such a thing. Now as for the general population not voting for Seattle it is somewhat understandable. Repeating in the NFL is one of the hardest things to do. In the NFL the top teams compared to even the bottom teams are not that far off. It is why the NFL has the most turn over from one year to the next. Throw in they play in a division that honestly I could make a case for all 4 teams in the NFC West to win the division this year. With Seattle playing the 1st place schedule that makes it all that much more difficult to not only win the Super Bowl but to even win the division or even make the playoffs. Throw in right now my top-10 teams in the NFL would have probably 7 NFC teams with Denver, New England, and Indy the only ones in the AFC that would be close (maybe could make a case for Cincinnati). So the path to the Super Bowl is a lot easier for the Broncos compared to that of Seattle. A few key injuries and Seattle could go down hill in a hurry (obviously same could be said of any team but again is why it is so hard to repeat as most teams don't have great injury luck from one year to the next).

Yup, it's a public poll where you can see who voted for who. You haven't learned how that works yet?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's a public poll where you can see who voted for who. You haven't learned how that works yet?

Guess didn't care before now who voted for what. Just figured it out. Again though just because the general population didn't vote for the sea hawks doesn't make them all haters. Yes I am guessing some voted just out of hatred but can't put that on everybody. I am sure the same has happened here. Heck robotic dreams or whatever his name is has a very clear hatred of the broncos hence him voting against them even making the playoffs. Not sure why sea hawk fans are getting so upset about all of this. Some of you act like people are insulting your mothers right to your face and just want to fight everybody in sight.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess didn't care before now who voted for what. Just figured it out. Again though just because the general population didn't vote for the sea hawks doesn't make them all haters. Yes I am guessing some voted just out of hatred but can't put that on everybody. I am sure the same has happened here. Heck robotic dreams or whatever his name is has a very clear hatred of the broncos hence him voting against them even making the playoffs. Not sure why sea hawk fans are getting so upset about all of this. Some of you act like people are insulting your mothers right to your face and just want to fight everybody in sight.

Heck were not upset. We expect it. Mostly I feel it's because Seahawks fans dominate the general NFL board by sheer numbers. That causes some resentment IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck were not upset. We expect it. Mostly I feel it's because Seahawks fans dominate the general NFL board by sheer numbers. That causes some resentment IMO.

I get that. I'm sure it does for some. Again though bunching everybody together and calling them either Bronco homers or Seattle haters seems like a far reach. Also you might not be upset but there are some on here who seem just down right upset that people are not showing the Sea Hawks more respect. I mean you just have to look at some of the posts on the general board to see that. Every negative comment said about the Sea Hawks seems to get its very own post. I'm sorry but that just screams somebody is either insecure and needs attention or they are genuinely upset. That doesn't mean all Sea Hawk fans fall into that category but there are a few.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. I'm sure it does for some. Again though bunching everybody together and calling them either Bronco homers or Seattle haters seems like a far reach. Also you might not be upset but there are some on here who seem just down right upset that people are not showing the Sea Hawks more respect. I mean you just have to look at some of the posts on the general board to see that. Every negative comment said about the Sea Hawks seems to get its very own post. I'm sorry but that just screams somebody is either insecure and needs attention or they are genuinely upset. That doesn't mean all Sea Hawk fans fall into that category but there are a few.

Nobody is bunching them all together. Stop just reading what you want to read. I said votes for Denver are justified. But the fact there is no votes from general fans for Seattle is a joke, we all saw the last game. Seriously man, I'm not worried about disrespect, I'm worried about disillusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though just because the general population didn't vote for the sea hawks doesn't make them all haters. Yes I am guessing some voted just out of hatred but can't put that on everybody.

You really are a selective reader, huh?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is bunching them all together. Stop just reading what you want to read. I said votes for Denver are justified. But the fact there is no votes from general fans for Seattle is a joke, we all saw the last game. Seriously man, I'm not worried about disrespect, I'm worried about disillusion.

LOL I suspect that ^ is not the word you were looking for. Hard to take seriously your warning to not read what one wants to read if you can't write what you want to write!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I suspect that ^ is not the word you were looking for. Hard to take seriously your warning to not read what one wants to read if you can't write what you want to write!

Ok fine, delusion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize...what I was trying to say did not come out the way I wanted. I was using more exaggeration in saying everybody than actually meaning everybody. That doesn't come across on these boards though. Again though Seattle not getting a single vote from outside of Seattle in my opinion makes at least a little sense. They did not add very many in Free Agency and lost some key contributors to the team last year. Most believe the Seattle draft was average at best. Yes they can train them up but I only see maybe one or two picks even seeing the field this season unless there are some serious injuries. So all in all the team hasn't improved a whole lot. This then usually means other teams have had a chance to do some catch up as I do think San Fran improved the passing offense a whole heck of a lot over last year and the defense depending on some suspensions should be about the same. Denver obviously added some major names to the roster plus have half the starting defense from last year coming back from IR. So I think fans see all of this and see some teams that have played catch up to that of Seattle this season. Throw in the idea of repeating as Champions is very slim.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize...what I was trying to say did not come out the way I wanted. I was using more exaggeration in saying everybody than actually meaning everybody. That doesn't come across on these boards though. Again though Seattle not getting a single vote from outside of Seattle in my opinion makes at least a little sense. They did not add very many in Free Agency and lost some key contributors to the team last year. Most believe the Seattle draft was average at best. Yes they can train them up but I only see maybe one or two picks even seeing the field this season unless there are some serious injuries. So all in all the team hasn't improved a whole lot. This then usually means other teams have had a chance to do some catch up as I do think San Fran improved the passing offense a whole heck of a lot over last year and the defense depending on some suspensions should be about the same. Denver obviously added some major names to the roster plus have half the starting defense from last year coming back from IR. So I think fans see all of this and see some teams that have played catch up to that of Seattle this season. Throw in the idea of repeating as Champions is very slim.

Big free agency hauls rarely lead to a ring the same year. You may not think much the of the draft but I see the top 4 picks playing significant time. And I don't care how tough it to repeat, or how everyone has passed them on paper, the last time we saw this team it was thumping Denver, now that core is coming back, with some added speed on offense. Being outvoted 10-0 is a joke.

Yeah, they lost a few players. But nobody irreplaceable. And lets not forget that they were considered one of the deepest rosters in the league last year. Seattle is not done making names of no names.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big free agency hauls rarely lead to a ring the same year. You may not think much the of the draft but I see the top 4 picks playing significant time. And I don't care how tough it to repeat, or how everyone has passed them on paper, the last time we saw this team it was thumping Denver, now that core is coming back, with some added speed on offense. Being outvoted 10-0 is a joke.

Yeah, they lost a few players. But nobody irreplaceable. And lets not forget that they were considered one of the deepest rosters in the league last year. Seattle is not done making names of no names.

I guess we will find out in just a few short months what all happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anyone in the AFC that could knock the Bronco's out of the playoffs. I hope you arent suggesting the Pats, who are really the Jaguars with a better quarterback.

I see the Broncos falling earlier in the playoffs. Like you, I don't see the team that improves and performs this miracle. It is only a prediction based on the fact that historically speaking, besides the SB winner (seattle) likely not repeating, the SB loser usually takes a dive.

I am expecting NE to win the AFCCG but I think Denver won't play in it.
I think the NE defense will be very good this year.
I am an admitted homer this time of year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Seattle fan nor Denver fan. Seattle is a very good team - maybe the best in the NFL.
I'm not expecting them to repeat. That's it - no other reason for not picking them.
For the same reason, I'm also not picking Denver