• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Denver Broncos Thread

How Far Will the Denver Broncos Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Peyton isn't a "retire on top" kind of player. He is a "retire when the coach tells you that you can't play any more" kind of player. They are going to have to rip the football from his hands to get him to retire

Don't say that. Get him the hell outta the AFC West! Hell, I'll even root for the Broncos this year if it means Peyton will retire.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. Not every line brings an even split. Vegas wants the lowest payout on possible, they care. If they didn't they wouldn't move lines.

That's what I mean in they are in it for the money not about making the odds actually based on what they think the teams will actually do. Because Seattle is the sexy pick for everybody they can keep the odds low.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning will...

Throw for 5104 yards.
Throw 47 touchdowns.
Throw 17 interceptions.
Rush for 35 yards and 0 touchdowns.
Complete 71% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: Demaryious Thomas. 1266 Yards 14 TDs

The leading running back will be: Montee Ball. 897 Yards 10 Rushing TDs.

Defensive Yards Allowed: 366 per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: 19.9 per game.
Interceptions: 21

Team Record:13-3

At Seattle: L
At New England: W

Some big free agents who have been signed so far are T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and Emmanuel Sanders. Who will pay off? Who won't? Ware and Sanders pay off, Ward and Talib only marginally make the secondary better

Biggest surprise? Losing @ OAK

At 8 games, will Manning be ahead of any of last year's statistics? NO

If he wins the SB, will he call it quits? NO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 the Broncos had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. As luck would have it, the weather across the nation was as mild as any in the past 50 years. In the one cold game that Peyton had to play he had a horrible game. The Patriots fumbled three times and spotted the Broncos a 24-0 halftime lead and Peyton couldn't do much of anything until the very end of the game with help from a self destructive Patriots defensive secondary.

In 2014 the Broncos don't have a cakewalk. They have to play the NFC West (2 losses), all of the AFC Division winners (Patriots at Foxboro in November), and they start at Indianapolis. They play Seattle and San Francisco in the preseason.

The Broncos will be very lucky to finish 11-5. I think that Peyton is going to take some shots and they will really slow him down,

Predictions:
Broncos finish on top of the AFC West.......do not get a bye
Win their first round game
Lose in the second round

Loss of Marino and Decker will hurt the offense more than anyone believes.
Talib has not played a 16 game season for the past four and don't expect him to do it in 2014

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Broncos fan voted for SB winner, but nobody is accusing them of being homers.:whistle:
I suppose the difference is that several non-Bronco fans voted for the Bronco's to win the superbowl...not a single voter that voted for the seahawks to win it is anything but a seahawk fan......homers

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 the Broncos had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. As luck would have it, the weather across the nation was as mild as any in the past 50 years. In the one cold game that Peyton had to play he had a horrible game. The Patriots fumbled three times and spotted the Broncos a 24-0 halftime lead and Peyton couldn't do much of anything until the very end of the game with help from a self destructive Patriots defensive secondary.

In 2014 the Broncos don't have a cakewalk. They have to play the NFC West (2 losses), all of the AFC Division winners (Patriots at Foxboro in November), and they start at Indianapolis. They play Seattle and San Francisco in the preseason.

The Broncos will be very lucky to finish 11-5. I think that Peyton is going to take some shots and they will really slow him down,

Predictions:
Lose in the second round

Talib has not played a 16 game season for the past four and don't expect him to do it in 2014

I dont seriously think that teams fear the Patriots

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose the difference is that several non-Bronco fans voted for the Bronco's to win the superbowl...not a single voter that voted for the seahawks to win it is anything but a seahawk fan......homers

I have no problem being a homer with this Seattle team.
The donkeys are going to need a lot more than a few FA D signings to beat Seattle.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 the Broncos had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. As luck would have it, the weather across the nation was as mild as any in the past 50 years. In the one cold game that Peyton had to play he had a horrible game.

Apparently 18 degrees at kick off against the Titans does not count as a cold weather game.

In 2014 the Broncos don't have a cakewalk. They have to play the NFC West (2 losses), all of the AFC Division winners (Patriots at Foxboro in November), and they start at Indianapolis.

No, they play Indy at home to open the season.

They play Seattle and San Francisco in the preseason.

Who cares about the preseason? Why does that matter?

Dan Marino? Actually the truth is, by the end of the season, Montee Ball was a better running back than Moreno. And for the season, he had a better yards per carry than Moreno.

As for Decker, I'm pretty confident that Sanders can replace him just fine. Sanders had about half the drop rate of Decker last season, and Sanders' speed should really help open the offense up.

Actually this I agree with. He'll probably get hurt at some point. I just hope it's nothing serious.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem being a homer with this Seattle team.
The donkeys are going to need a lot more than a few FA D signings to beat Seattle.

Your comments suggest that you either aren't very familiar with sports or that you haven't learned much from your exposure to sports. The Seahawks were a better team than Denver last year and they were obviously the far superior team in the Super Bowl. Foolish to think that that disparity necessarily remains constant this season without the Broncos doing a lot more than signing a few FAs.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a shit about the offense and whatever stats they put up in the regular season. If the defense doesnt get better and the offense turns to garbage like they did in the Superbowl none of it matters. Records, stats, yards, points, MVP's are all garbage just win the whole thing.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball has to catch the ball alot better then he did last year and must improve in blitz pickups. K.M. will be missed as well if another RB on the roster doesnt step it up and I dont trust any of them right now. That even includes Ball.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comments suggest that you either aren't very familiar with sports or that you haven't learned much from your exposure to sports. The Seahawks were a better team than Denver last year and they were obviously the far superior team in the Super Bowl. Foolish to think that that disparity necessarily remains constant this season without the Broncos doing a lot more than signing a few FAs.

Yeah, the Broncos could take a step back this year. Or... Seattle could improve.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that some non-Seahawk/Bronco voted for Denver and not Seattle just goes to show how many haters there are. Or just how many people missed that last game. Many still HOPE Peyton can get it done, but everyone KNOWS Seattle can get it done..... Broncos getting more love from general fans? :L Some people never learn.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Broncos could take a step back this year. Or... Seattle could improve.

No doubt that Denver could take a step back and Seattle could improve on convincingly winning a championship. My point in the post that you quoted, if you are capable of understanding that, is that it is clearly dumb to think that Denver must necessarily do more than add a few FAs in order to beat Seattle.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Predictions:
Lose in the second round

Obligatory claim about the weather? CHECK
Can only cite one game, at New England? CHECK

Must be a retarded pats homer.

I agree with the reasoning and logic about the NFC west. AFC division winners, pretty much the same as last year. Pats at Foxboro late in the season, mediocre team from AFC North, Dominant team from AFC South. The exception is that I do not see the colts regressing as much as the texans did. The preseason argument means little; do you think both teams are going to play all out, especially when they will play again when it actually matters?

I think 11-5 is about right but I don't think they will be lucky. I expect the broncos to keep their defense playing this year rather than sending half them to IR. That alone should improve them. I think the only place we might miss Decker is near the endzone. We drafted a rookie that is as big or bigger than Decker that could fill in there and we still have Welker and the Thomas's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your comments suggest you might not have watched the big game between our 2 teams. Maybe you turned it off after the first TWELVE seconds of the first half. I would not blame you for turning off your TV if you witnessed the first TWELVE seconds of the second half.
Mr Elway saw during our preseason game that Seattle was faster, stronger, and hit much harder than your soft finesse team. Feel free to look up his comments after watching that game.
My knowledge of sports indicates to me that Denver is in fact better than what they showed against the Hawks in the SB, yet they are a ways away from matching up better against Seattle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comments suggest you might not have watched the big game between our 2 teams. Maybe you turned it off after the first TWELVE seconds of the first half. I would not blame you for turning off your TV if you witnessed the first TWELVE seconds of the second half.
Mr Elway saw during our preseason game that Seattle was faster, stronger, and hit much harder than your soft finesse team. Feel free to look up his comments after watching that game.
My knowledge of sports indicates to me that Denver is in fact better than what they showed against the Hawks in the SB, yet they are a ways away from matching up better against Seattle.

Denver is a completely different team than what was in that Super Bowl though. On defense the expected starters that did not play in the Super Bowl will be Chris Harris (finished top-10 on PFF among Corners), Talib (Pro Bowl Corner), Rahim Moore, TJ Ward (Pro Bowl Safety), Von Miller (All-Pro OLB), Wolfe (most likely will be a defensive captain this year), and Ware. So that is 7 new starters on the defensive side of the ball compared to what started in the Super Bowl. Some of those starters in that game are now the back ups so depth should be better with starting experience.

On offense the new starters will be Sanders (can't tell yet whether he will be an upgrade over Decker or not), Clady (All-Pro LT), Ball (much stronger runner than Moreno), and possibly Schofield. So different OL than the one that allowed Seattle to be in Manning's face within a couple of seconds and a very different receiving core with a different skill set (Sanders was brought in to help with the press-man coverage issues as was our 2nd round draft pick).

So again very different team compared to last year just from the players added through FA and those coming off the IR. We are talking half the team that started the Super Bowl no longer being with the team or now being back ups for the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or it could be the opposite of that. That is the great thing about the NFL is you never know. Houston and KC are great examples from last year of a team that finished last making it to the playoffs and a team expected to compete for the Super Bowl finishing dead last. What happened last year matters zilch for the upcoming season.

To the Seattle fan saying that those who voted for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl must be haters of Seattle or Homers why can't they just be fans who actually think the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl? I mean they do have the 2nd best odds according to Vegas of winning the Super Bowl. Now if I remember right Vegas gave the Broncos better odds of actually making it to the Super Bowl compared to that of Seattle but that is mainly because they are playing in what is considered the easier division with the AFC.

Also to BigKen and his comments about Manning not playing in the cold. I have posted an article at least a few times taking on that very thought of Manning playing in cold weather games and he does just fine. Not going to post it again because probably in your mind it wouldn't matter one bit what the article said you would just agree with ESPN that Manning sucks in cold weather with almost 0 evidence to actually back it up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be the opposite of that. That is the great thing about the NFL is you never know. Houston and KC are great examples from last year of a team that finished last making it to the playoffs and a team expected to compete for the Super Bowl finishing dead last. What happened last year matters zilch for the upcoming season.

To the Seattle fan saying that those who voted for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl must be haters of Seattle or Homers why can't they just be fans who actually think the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl? I mean they do have the 2nd best odds according to Vegas of winning the Super Bowl. Now if I remember right Vegas gave the Broncos better odds of actually making it to the Super Bowl compared to that of Seattle but that is mainly because they are playing in what is considered the easier division with the AFC.

Also to BigKen and his comments about Manning not playing in the cold. I have posted an article at least a few times taking on that very thought of Manning playing in cold weather games and he does just fine. Not going to post it again because probably in your mind it wouldn't matter one bit what the article said you would just agree with ESPN that Manning sucks in cold weather with almost 0 evidence to actually back it up.

That's not what I said. Any individual vote for the Broncos is justified. But the fact that there is a good handful of general fans that voted for Denver and not a single one that voted for Seattle is a joke. It's reflective of how many people simply dont want to see Seattle win, i.e. haters.

Last edited by a moderator: