• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Degenerate Gambler Talk Thread ....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, everybody should give their money back on this one, right?

I think so

@Used 2 B Hu, @SteelersPride, @tabascojet, @thunderc, @gobigred:

Real-life betting houses aren't changing the bet payouts in the wake of Medina Spirit's positive drug test:

Louisville Courier-Journal said:
Medina Spirit’s Kentucky Derby win is at risk after a positive test for betamethasone, but what about the bets cashed in on the victory?

Even if Medina Spirit is ultimately disqualified – something that can only happen after a second positive test – pari-mutuel wagering is unlikely to be affected.

The last time a Kentucky Derby winner was disqualified for a positive drug test (Dancer’s Image, 1968), the Kentucky Horse Racing commission ordered Forward Pass, the horse that crossed the finish line second in the race, be considered the winner of the 1968 Kentucky Derby, except for pari-mutuel payoffs.

When Bob Baffert-trained filly Gamine was disqualified from her third-place finish in the 2020 Kentucky Oaks, pari-mutuel wagering was not affected by the ruling.

While Churchill Downs confirmed Mandaloun, the horse that finished second in the 2021 Derby, will be declared the winner of the race if the findings of Medina Spirit's positive test are upheld by the split sample test, anyone who bet on Mandaloun to win is unlikely to be able to cash it in if Medina Spirit is disqualified either.

Bob Heleringer, author of “Equine Regulatory Law,” told The Courier Journal when the owners of Maximum Security were attempting to overturn that horse’s disqualification as the 2019 Kentucky Derby winner that once a race is official, the betting results are final, regardless of mistakes by the track or an appeal.

He called it “one of the most irrevocable standards in racing” and said it is the law in every state.

“Those tickets will never be good,” he said of Maximum Security betting slips.

That said, I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of the bookies if you gave winning payout fixes to bets on Mandaloun, who would be the new champion: for this site, the only such winning bettor would be @thunderc. Full disclosure: I was one of the bettors on Mandaloun on the other site.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolol. I waa fully sarcastic. The bets stand irl

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Used 2 B Hu, @SteelersPride, @tabascojet, @thunderc, @gobigred:

Real-life betting houses aren't changing the bet payouts in the wake of Medina Spirit's positive drug test:

That said, I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of the bookies if you gave winning payout fixes to bets on Mandaloun, who would be the new champion: for this site, the only such winning bettor would be @thunderc. Full disclosure: I was one of the bettors on Mandaloun on the other site.
I like this idea, especially since the site is saying I lost 11,000 on a bet a couple nights ago. I swear I only bet 1,100 and it’s pretty easy to see that is my normal bet. Give me my money!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confused Mariah Carey GIF

Do what now? Did I miss a bet somewhere? I don't like that +/- shit. Just W/L. I got screwed some other place by that shit. I'm over it and demand it cease immediately!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confused Mariah Carey GIF

Do what now? Did I miss a bet somewhere? I don't like that +/- shit. Just W/L. I got screwed some other place by that shit. I'm over it and demand it cease immediately!
Its pretty simple math.
mtv awards 2019 be smart GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards