• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you try and stay focused. We were talking about how the 8 team playoff would just give out participation trophies, like the NFL does. That was where we were then you tried to change it to the bowls we currently have which nobody denies or cares because the bowls do not have anything to do with the CFP (except the ones that are used for the semifinals but the criteria to get in is much different)

You are really bad about actually taking things in black and white and reading them for what they are. Stop reading into anything that isnt written. The words i chose are the words i wrote and the words i meant.

Get back to that conversation and we can continue otherwise you are just spinning, making up lies, and avoiding the actual conversation.
And what makes you think anyone gets a trophy just for making the 8 team playoff? The trophy comes at the end. Just like the 4 teamer.

You want to rip the NFL for participation trophies when their goal is win the SB and the Lombardi. The comparison to the bowls seemed simple. You are all about CFB and ripping the NFL. You tried to rip the NFL for the trophies and ignore there are many more participation trophies handed out in CFB.

Before you come back like last time and say you were talking about the 4 teamer, once again, there will be as many trophies handed out for an 8 teamer as the 4 that anyone cares about.

As I said...you made a foolish comment. don't make it worse. Own it and move on.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what makes you think anyone gets a trophy just for making the 8 team playoff? The trophy comes at the end. Just like the 4 teamer.

You want to rip the NFL for participation trophies when their goal is win the SB and the Lombardi. The comparison to the bowls seemed simple. You are all about CFB and ripping the NFL. You tried to rip the NFL for the trophies and ignore there are many more participation trophies handed out in CFB.

Before you come back like last time and say you were talking about the 4 teamer, once again, there will be as many trophies handed out for an 8 teamer as the 4 that anyone cares about.

As I said...you made a foolish comment. don't make it worse. Own it and move on.
Because you make it an automatic bid, meaning teams who dont belong there can benefit from playing a horrible OOC and play in a weak conference. This has already been stated why are you trying to go in circles when it has already been presented. Do you think if you say it 20 different ways the information will change?

Facts: In an AUTOMATIC BID 8 team playoff where the Conference Champion gets in (from p5) Teams can afford losses OOC and those games will not matter. you say 3 losses so then they can lose 3 of their OOC games or they can determine what they can lose based on where they stand in their conference and win loss total but it will water it down and at the end of the season many games will not be important. That is a fact. You argue that because teams are not currently doing that, it somehow matters when teams can auto bid in based off conference performance only, i say this is a ridiculous argument because it is apples and oranges.

The foolish comment belongs to the kid who keeps trying to deny reality and instead keeps twisting and changing what people are saying to fit some warped sense of reality (if you are confused, this would be you)

There is no automatic bid into the 4 team CFP.

If there are automatic bids that is exactly a participation trophy. No matter how you word it, this wont change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you make it an automatic bid, meaning teams who dont belong there can benefit from playing a horrible OOC and play in a weak conference. This has already been stated why are you trying to go in circles when it has already been presented. Do you think if you say it 20 different ways the information will change?

Facts: In an AUTOMATIC BID 8 team playoff where the Conference Champion gets in (from p5) Teams can afford losses OOC and those games will not matter. you say 3 losses so then they can lose 3 of their OOC games or they can determine what they can lose based on where they stand in their conference and win loss total but it will water it down and at the end of the season many games will not be important. That is a fact. You argue that because teams are not currently doing that, it somehow matters when teams can auto bid in based off conference performance only, i say this is a ridiculous argument because it is apples and oranges.

The foolish comment belongs to the kid who keeps trying to deny reality and instead keeps twisting and changing what people are saying to fit some warped sense of reality (if you are confused, this would be you)

There is no automatic bid into the 4 team CFP.

If there are automatic bids that is exactly a participation trophy. No matter how you word it, this wont change.
You claimed participation trophy if we go to 8 "like the NFL".

wrong on a couple levels....first, no more trophies at 8 than there are at 4. Second, CFB hands out far more trophies than the NFL.

auto-bids are not a participation trophy.....a team must win their conference to earn that bid. If that puts them in the CFP they will get no trophy for losing.

Try again......or don't and just realize your "logic" was way off base.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claimed participation trophy if we go to 8 "like the NFL".
Yes automatic bids in an 8 team format rewards teams for participating not for being the best.

wrong on a couple levels....first, no more trophies at 8 than there are at 4. Second, CFB hands out far more trophies than the NFL.
apparently you do not see how first 8>4 second automatic bids means losses OOC doesnt matter, where right now every loss has the potential to keep you out of the CFP

auto-bids are not a participation trophy.....a team must win their conference to earn that bid. If that puts them in the CFP they will get no trophy for losing.
Auto bids are participation trophies, they need only win their conference nothing else despite how crappy of a conference and how poorly they do OOC.

Try again......or don't and just realize your "logic" was way off base.
Once again you failed.

You claim my logic is off base yet you claim 8=4 and that automatic bids are the same thing as having to be the best 4 teams in the country.

Okay kiddo.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're a P5 school and you want to get to the playoffs it's a pretty simple method. You can lose a game to a top tier opponent, but you need to make it to your conference championship game and win that. If you lose a game to a middling team, you put your destiny in somebody else's hands.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fair way to do this is to make it mandatory for the Playoff to take the Conference Champions. Otherwise, there is basically no reason for the Conference Championship games.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fair way to do this is to make it mandatory for the Playoff to take the Conference Champions. Otherwise, there is basically no reason for the Conference Championship games.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get argument that teams would tank OOC games because they can just win an auto bid. Again, a team could lose these games and still get in but the idea they would forfeit a shot at large bids is absurd. Also, overall results would determine seeds and homefield if part of format.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes automatic bids in an 8 team format rewards teams for participating not for being the best.

apparently you do not see how first 8>4 second automatic bids means losses OOC doesnt matter, where right now every loss has the potential to keep you out of the CFP

Auto bids are participation trophies, they need only win their conference nothing else despite how crappy of a conference and how poorly they do OOC.

Once again you failed.

You claim my logic is off base yet you claim 8=4 and that automatic bids are the same thing as having to be the best 4 teams in the country.

Okay kiddo.
I'll go in order of your irrational.....

They were rewarded for being best in their conference. But only reward was an opportunity. No s-called trophy. strike 1 for you

So you keep saying.....but you have nothing that should make you believe teams will not be going all out to win each OOC to be sure they are in if they don't win their CCG (or for home field if that's an option). Strike 2

This is not different than how it would be now or in the BCS. Only difference is the team actually won something to get their shot, as opposed to arbitrarily selected. And, then we are back to no trophy just for being in the CFO. strike 3.....you're out.

Never made any of the claims you suggested....only knocked your "logic" these would be participation trophies "like the NFL" (at least you were wise not to talk about that comparison anymore. Bravo).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get argument that teams would tank OOC games because they can just win an auto bid. Again, a team could lose these games and still get in but the idea they would forfeit a shot at large bids is absurd. Also, overall results would determine seeds and homefield if part of format.
this has yet to be answered with anything but deflection....nor will it be.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer no FCS but breaking their string for 1 game is such a travesty? Not that I agree "several" teams did this. What about tougher scheduling such as UF leaving their state and them and Bama actually scheduling teams in the opponents' home stadium?
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-college-football-non-conference-games-2018
Athlon had trouble trying to find 25 good ooc last year for their preview.

Why is the non-SEC nonconference slate so weak this year? A theory on that trend
Talks about the garbage overall this season. I could go on and on. Google it. Im on my phone and don't have time to post all of it.

College football has a problem with OOC and the CFP did nothing overall to change it. You can bring up a couple of programs that you believe are proof of a larger trend. Im afraid I disagree with that assessment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-college-football-non-conference-games-2018
Athlon had trouble trying to find 25 good ooc last year for their preview.

Why is the non-SEC nonconference slate so weak this year? A theory on that trend
Talks about the garbage overall this season. I could go on and on. Google it. Im on my phone and don't have time to post all of it.

College football has a problem with OOC and the CFP did nothing overall to change it. You can bring up a couple of programs that you believe are proof of a larger trend. Im afraid I disagree with that assessment.
curious if you read these. Much of the garbage games is because teams that are sometimes considered good are not. Like Texas, USC, UCLA, Nebraska, etc.

Didn't you claim teams are not scheduling as well? I asked you who has scheduled worse since the CFP came into play. So far, no answer. Not one team you point to. And let's keep in mind when they schedule now the games are played 5-10 years down the road. Nothing they can do anymore about now.

So once again.....please tell me a team who is scheduling worse. One team. And to be fair, scheduling a team who at the time was good has fallen on hard times shouldn't hurt a team (like Bama playing FSU a few years ago).

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go in order of your irrational.....

They were rewarded for being best in their conference. But only reward was an opportunity. No s-called trophy. strike 1 for you

So you keep saying.....but you have nothing that should make you believe teams will not be going all out to win each OOC to be sure they are in if they don't win their CCG (or for home field if that's an option). Strike 2

This is not different than how it would be now or in the BCS. Only difference is the team actually won something to get their shot, as opposed to arbitrarily selected. And, then we are back to no trophy just for being in the CFO. strike 3.....you're out.

Never made any of the claims you suggested....only knocked your "logic" these would be participation trophies "like the NFL" (at least you were wise not to talk about that comparison anymore. Bravo).
You are a liar and you are wrong. The End. You lost any and all credibility (well that was done a long time ago) you have no chance of redemption.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did a couple, as well. One a while back against YSU (favor to Tressel) and another because someone dropped us off their schedule (don't recall who). Didn't like it, but once in a blue moon not so terrible.

Every year like most SEC teams? Different story.

It was Vanderbilt that dropped you off their schedule...you were bottom feeding to try and improve your record against the SEC...just 6 more wins to get to .500.

You mean like most teams...116 teams played at least one FCS team this year, The Big Ten didn't need to, they have Rutgers...ranked below a dozen FCS teams.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you try and stay focused. We were talking about how the 8 team playoff would just give out participation trophies, like the NFL does.
Yeah, but that's wrong. There are 3 team trophies in the NFL. Halas, Hunt,and Lombardi.

Same is true of the CFB playoff right now. National championship trophy plus the two semifinal bowl trophies.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because it's not a good argument.

Teams are already incentivized to schedule poorly OOC because they can't afford more than 1 loss in a year or else they're almost certainly out of the playoff. Any coach or AD that started scheduling all FCS schools or tanking games at the beginning of the year and therefore banking the whole season on running through the conference with no losses only to guarantee locking in a low seed in the playoffs would be highly scrutinized and likely fired if the strategy didn't work out that first year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a liar and you are wrong. The End. You lost any and all credibility (well that was done a long time ago) you have no chance of redemption.
NU to English - "ya got me again, dt."

was funny you called me a liar, though, and had a meltdown after bringing up claims you say I made that I never did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that's wrong. There are 3 team trophies in the NFL. Halas, Hunt,and Lombardi.

Same is true of the CFB playoff right now. National championship trophy plus the two semifinal bowl trophies.
Never mind the trophies for winning conferences and bowl games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Vanderbilt that dropped you off their schedule...you were bottom feeding to try and improve your record against the SEC...just 6 more wins to get to .500.

You mean like most teams...116 teams played at least one FCS team this year, The Big Ten didn't need to, they have Rutgers...ranked below a dozen FCS teams.
You want to play and FCS team every year, cool. Glad my team doesn't.

In fairness, though, props to Bama for upping their game and actually visiting some campuses outside the SEC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising.
you realize this childish move can be done by anyone, right, to any post? Not my style, though. Most frown upon it.

But if that's all you have - and from what I've seen it is - have at it.