• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The comeback: Red Sox 2 walk-off wins in 22 hours, shame Mariners off in sweep

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox better run and hide

Anyone see their schedule?

Holy shit

They've got some left against the Yankees, so it can't be all that bad.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are ok with every player in baseball receiving a suspension NOT counting against the teams payroll and tax

But if he plays for the Yankees, not ok?

Is that what you're saying?

Key word = IF HE PLAYS.

The Yankees have tried everything they can to keep him off the field so that they don't have to pay him. Baseball hasn't helped them out by dropping the ban earlier.

Why have they worked so hard to have him NOT play? Inquiring minds...

Now, the party line is, "Man..baseball is screwin us by not lettin us suit Alex up at the hawt corneh, so's he can contribucate to anuddah champeenship." When the reality is, you don't WANT him playing.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS....

He's still on the books...and in MLB isn't it AAV that is calculated? Even if they wanted to subtract the money he loses due to suspension, and then refactor the AAV for luxury tax purposes? I'd think that would be a fair compromise.

So, if he misses next year...he'd have 4 years at $61m remaining, not included bonus that he may actually achieve some of...rework the math and adjust the tax accordingly...might be the fairest method....

Not sure

What I read is that the Yankees cab spend like bandits this offseason if this goes down

And the following year, the tax is re-adjusted, so this is a huge coup for the Yankees

Don't dis-agree. What I dint agree with is MLB is operating with the intent of getting the Yankees off easy

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word = IF HE PLAYS.

The Yankees have tried everything they can to keep him off the field so that they don't have to pay him. Baseball hasn't helped them out by dropping the ban earlier.

Now, the party line is, "Man..baseball is screwin us by not lettin us suit Alex up at the hawt corneh, so's he can contribucate to anuddah champeenship." When the reality is, you don't WANT him playing.

yanks announced arod is starting rehab assignment today or tomorrow

just going thru the motions until he gets suspended

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word = IF HE PLAYS.

Sounds like great business to me

In theory, players that count against your cap, should be available to play, injury aside of course

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure

What I read is that the Yankees cab spend like bandits this offseason if this goes down

And the following year, the tax is re-adjusted, so this is a huge coup for the Yankees

Don't dis-agree. What I dint agree with is MLB is operating with the intent of getting the Yankees off easy

I don't think it is collusion with the yankees or anything like that. I just don't agree that the contractual obligation should just disappear for a year and then reappear when he is back. Sets a bad precedent, because then every team is going to A) want relief when someone is suspended for anything, or in a really tinfoilish line of thought will try to turn their own guys in for their own stupidity. I'm looking the Angels way on that option B :pound:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what that means

What you are implying is that player suspensions should not count against a teams cap, unless they play for the Yankees

See my latest post.

Yankees fans are trying to play it both ways and they want sympathy?

We need baseball to let us play Rodriguez.

We need cap relief from contracts that we knowingly signed.

We need Alex suspended so we don't have to pay the contract + lux tax that we knew we would have to pay.

But we really want Alex to play. No, seriously...(what the fuck is taking Selig so long to suspend his roiding ass? damn...)

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure

but they are getting off easy

Can spend like the Fraudkees normally spend and the tax is readjusted

how is that a bad thing?

it isnt

yankees win

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like great business to me

In theory, players that count against your cap, should be available to play, injury aside of course

He was available, and Cashman told him to shut the fuck up.

He was available and they said nope, you're injured, so he went out and got a second opinion that said he probably could have played, then the team got a THIRD opinion that supported the second opinion, and still he was told to STFU.

Jeter had the exact same injury, a strained quad, and he was told "go gettem, champ!"

Can't believe i've taken David Lee Roth's side over Van Halen.

PHISH_HEAD

PHISH_HEAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 20 for the "Impossible Dream " Sox of 1967.. The way this team reminds me of that team are scary..

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my latest post.

Yankees fans are trying to play it both ways and they want sympathy?

We need baseball to let us play Rodriguez.

We need cap relief from contracts that we knowingly signed.

We need Alex suspended so we don't have to pay the contract + lux tax that we knew we would have to pay.

But we really want Alex to play. No, seriously...(what the fuck is taking Selig so long to suspend his roiding ass? damn...)

We are talking about next season

I have heard one Yankee fan even imply "The league won't let Arod come back"

No Yankees fan wants the guy back

But if you are of the belief that a suspended player should NOT count against the tax, other than the obvious, why do you feel the Yankees should be exceptions to that rule?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if you are of the belief that a suspended player should NOT count against the tax, other than the obvious, why do you feel the Yankees should be exceptions to that rule?

Because they knew he was a roid freak

Whats to stop them from going out and signing Braun and other users as free agents? They wont be penalized and can actually benefit as "victims" when the players use again and get suspended

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mawk McGwyah did roids?"

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee talk and all the Red Sox fans left.

Is that all it takes?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'm saying is, the yanks are deliberately trying to keep him off the field for the entire year so that they don't have to pay the salary or the tax. I think it was just convenient that the biogenesis thingy happened at the same time, and their eyes lit up. Now, they're thinking, "we can get out of the rest of the entire contract!!!

I'm not saying they should pay the luxury tax if he is suspended.

But, he has not been suspended.

I'm saying it's a doosh move that they are pulling because they want relief from a contract that they agreed to several years ago, and it has nothing to do with steroids, it's because dude can't PLAY any more. And to hear either the yanks or their fans saying something is not fair about this situation?

I don't see what isn't fair.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they knew he was a roid freak

Whats to stop them from going out and signing Braun and other users as free agents? They wont be penalized and can actually benefit as "victims" when the players use again and get suspended

All these teams knew they were signing roiders

Or was it only the Yankees?

Lmao

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is, the yanks are deliberately trying to keep him off the field for the entire year so that they don't have to pay the salary or the tax. I think it was just convenient that the biogenesis thingy happened at the same time, and their eyes lit up. Now, they're thinking, "we can get out of the rest of the entire contract!!!

I'm not saying they should pay the luxury tax if he is suspended.

But, he has not been suspended.

I'm saying it's a doosh move that they are pulling because they want relief from a contract that they agreed to several years ago, and it has nothing to do with steroids, it's because dude can't PLAY any more. And to hear either the yanks or their fans saying something is not fair about this situation?

I don't see what isn't fair.

cant say I blame the yanks for trying to do whatever they can to not pay that contract, any team would do that

yanks probably knew he was dirty back in 2004, so what, every team in baseball would have taken arod on their team if they could afford him and every team would have known he was suspect

yanks aren't doing anything illegal

this arod thing is way beyond the yankees, it is a symbolic thing for the league and Selig......he just happens to be a yankee

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these teams knew they were signing roiders

Or was it only the Yankees?

Lmao

Signed his extension April 2011

Positive test came out in the 2011 offseason

Not sure how they could have known 6 months in advance