• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the coaching staff is to blame for this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when were they supposed to do this? Last offseason?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, now just maybe, the coach tried to I dont know, run what the Qb was capable of?? Again you want to run to the defense and blame his struggles on the coaches. But did you ever think we were running more zone read because Griffin has shown to this point that he doesnt have the skills to read defense. Maybe the fact that at Baylor they didnt have a route tree or even a play book. So he was a one read and wing it kind of QB?? And no Im not trying to absolve the coaches of their part in all this, but its a bit of a stretch to say well the coaches didnt WANT to run the exact same sorts of plays they ran yesterday. to this point, Griffin just isnt able to do it. But as much as its not all his fault, every one really needs to give up the whole poor RG3 line of thinking.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, now just maybe, the coach tried to I dont know, run what the Qb was capable of?? Again you want to run to the defense and blame his struggles on the coaches. But did you ever think we were running more zone read because Griffin has shown to this point that he doesnt have the skills to read defense. Maybe the fact that at Baylor they didnt have a route tree or even a play book. So he was a one read and wing it kind of QB?? And no Im not trying to absolve the coaches of their part in all this, but its a bit of a stretch to say well the coaches didnt WANT to run the exact same sorts of plays they ran yesterday. to this point, Griffin just isnt able to do it. But as much as its not all his fault, every one really needs to give up the whole poor RG3 line of thinking.

they had all of his rookie year to teach these things

look , KC is better in the pocket , i wont argue that , but it seems to me if they are saying he isnt a pocket passer but yet dont run those kinds of plays for him i just have a question about that

the defense and ST's are 2/3 rds of the teams failures . yesterday was a replay of the season yet again

we get down by 14 , make a comeback , have a lousey 3rd quarter a 25 yd punt and a muff , we make a late run and then the staff botches the ending

wash rinse and repeat

who didnt show up for this game AM and moss as with key units and players who just blow games in random order

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had all of his rookie year to teach these things

So let me make sure I got you here. You are basically on board with the idea that at no time has our coaching staff actually tried to teach him how to

1. Read defenses
2. Go through progressions when looking for a WR target
3. Properly set his feet before attempting a pass
4. Look off a defender and not telegraph his passes before he even throws them

Well I cant wait for this staff to get fired and see who the next group brought in is. We should see if it really was all on the coaches or not. Because the only handicap the next staff will have is no first round pick. But they should have more than enough cap space to make up for it. They should have the time to turn Griffin into a pocket passer because Mike is making sure he wont get hurt behind that dreadful O-line ( that strangely didnt look so dreadful yesterday). So the stars are aligning. Next season should be interesting.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case, we are where we are and wins or losses at this point are not our main focus. We just need to complete the season and end this mess. Now Shanahan wants to return? The OC wants to move on? We still have two of the worst coaches on our staff in Haslett in Burns?

It is time to clean this mess up. You cannot move forward with Shanahan at this point. The guy has lied multiple times to cover himself and the latest has his Son saying I had no input into the change at QB. Obviously Kyle felt undermined or he wouldn't have made this public and now says he wants out. This situation has become an albatross at this point and unfortunately Mike has forced the change that is coming. To give him complete control of ALL personnel decisions would be ridiculous. We need a real GM who can and will handle those duties. Let the coaches coach and do what they do best. I am all for hiring Lovie Smith or Jay Gruden now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me make sure I got you here. You are basically on board with the idea that at no time has our coaching staff actually tried to teach him how to

1. Read defenses

Well I cant wait for this staff to get fired and see who the next group brought in is. We should see if it really was all on the coaches or not. Because the only handicap the next staff will have is no first round pick. But they should have more than enough cap space to make up for it. They should have the time to turn Griffin into a pocket passer because Mike is making sure he wont get hurt behind that dreadful O-line ( that strangely didnt look so dreadful yesterday). So the stars are aligning. Next season should be interesting.

all i am saying is you pulled a guy because he isnt a pocket passer but yet you didnt try and teach him or run those kinds of plays

you had 200 snaps the rest of the season to do that but didnt

but there is a silver lining in all of this . if KC is the better qb over the long term , then in essence , we made the trade for KC and not RG3

looking at what i have seen , teaching the pocket game to Rg3 will take 1 year to learn it and another year to have a shot at perfecting it

i am not sure i would trade KC at this point

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my day the best players made the team. On my nephew's team the best players made the team. Right now Robert isn't the best player. Robert chose to go to a school that did not emphasize the pro style game, therefore he isn't as good at it.

dad you keep posting these blogs like they are gospel. They are good for conversation but they don't hold any water as far as being right or wrong. Everything with so many fans is the coaches fault. I don't care who the freaking QB of the team is but I am SURE I want the best one possible, not the one that cost the most draft picks.

I swear to god this forum is like watching the daytime soaps sometimes.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my day the best players made the team. On my nephew's team the best players made the team. Right now Robert isn't the best player. Robert chose to go to a school that did not emphasize the pro style game, therefore he isn't as good at it.

dad you keep posting these blogs like they are gospel. They are good for conversation but they don't hold any water as far as being right or wrong. Everything with so many fans is the coaches fault. I don't care who the freaking QB of the team is but I am SURE I want the best one possible, not the one that cost the most draft picks.

I agree, Sportster. I guarantee you that these Bloggers do not study or follow the Skins as much as I do or any of you guys posting on this thread. I watch every game. I tape every game. I rewatch it (some plays multiple times) to study what actually is happening, where plays break down, where they are successful. I, by no means, think I'm an expert, but I'm confident that these bloggers don't follow them like we do. SO you have to take their opinions as that, opinions. These guys all want to find the one person to blame. Unfortunately its never that simple. Usually, there are multiple people that are culpable and that is the case here. The coaching staff definitely has the lions share. RG3 has some blame. Snyder has some blame. The offensive line breaks down more times than not. The WRs share blame.

The bottom line is the environment is no longer conducive to developing RG3 into the NFL QB he needs to be. This coaching staff has alienated almost everyone (with the exception of some players). RG3 has disappointed some. No one likes Snyder. But Snyder and RG3 are going no where. SO the coaching staff has to go. There is no way that Shanahan can come back, even if Kyle, Haslett, Burns, and any other ineffective coach leaves. Shanahan's credibility has taken a hit. Do we really want him spending our cap space when he may only be here for one more year? I don't trust him and I don't want him picking players to fit his scheme when his scheme may not be used in 2 years. Wether he is the real issue or if its RG3 or Snyder makes no difference. HE HAS TO GO.

As far as RG3, I'm confident that he can develop the skills needed to succeed, just based on his talent, intelligence, and work ethic. BUT HE HAS TO GET HIS HEAD ON STRAIGHT. He will put in the time, but it has to be the right time. It would do wonders if he spoke publicly one more time and acknowledge what his weaknesses are and recommits to developing these skills. Then go quiet and do it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Read defenses

They should have the time to turn Griffin into a pocket passer because Mike is making sure he wont get hurt behind that dreadful O-line ( that strangely didnt look so dreadful yesterday). So the stars are aligning. Next season should be interesting.

Shark, I'd assume he started the season playing scared! As a rookie he did solid with numbers1-4 on your list last year and his legs bailed him out in certain situations. This year the injury prevented him from cheating or just running and I don't think the coaches helped him enough there. Its not like he's too stupid to learn??? For instance, I've seen Kirk change protection for blitzes for before the snap...thats something I've never seen Griffin do. Is he stubborn or have the coaches kinda brushed simple stuff like that off with him?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all I respect your opinion...
IMO...it comes across that you feel like RGIII was a mistake because Cousins is just as good if not better(I believe he is good, but does not have the same ceiling as RGIII). IF that is how you feel, despite a record breaking rookie season that Robert couldn't even finish then you have to be mad at Synder, because obviously Shanahan wouldn't bet the house on a kid he didn't want. But to write off a potential Franchise QB, who won the division, took us to the playoff and sacrificed his body for Cousins who did 300+ against cleveland and a 3-10 ATL team is very very questionable...IMO

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i dont pretend these blogs are gospel what gets under some peoples skin is that they fly in the face of what some people believe here to include me

i know BR is 90% bs

the other blog is done by reportedly done by phillip daniels former DE of the skins

i have over the course of a decade posted numerous blogs on skins issues , many of which i didnt agree with

i believe the coaching staff isnt very good and changes need to be made and the qb situation is the 1st thing on the list of things that have been bungled

people have said chris cooley has a handle on this team , guess what ? he blogs

my view is simple , if you dont think RG3 is the franchise guy then so be it . the next step is to cut ties with him but please stop telling me you support him when the terms you use clearly say no you dont

i think we are making a mistake by not playing him. we have the opportunity to get him those all to valuable "pocket passer" snaps and "reading defense snaps "

the truth is and it doesnt take a blogger to figure it out is look at was said , go back and look at the game films and tell me that what the blogger said is way off base as far as what plays are run and what formations both qbs get the majority of the time

maybe this is what Rg3 has been saying , yet you all bash him and say run the play anyway but you all will trust every blog known to man and take it as gospel that RG3 did this and he is afraid of that and every other CSI theory out there if it supports your stance

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i dont pretend these blogs are gospel what gets under some peoples skin is that they fly in the face of what some people believe here to include me

i know BR is 90% bs

the other blog is done by reportedly done by phillip daniels former DE of the skins

i have over the course of a decade posted numerous blogs on skins issues , many of which i didnt agree with

i believe the coaching staff isnt very good and changes need to be made and the qb situation is the 1st thing on the list of things that have been bungled

people have said chris cooley has a handle on this team , guess what ? he blogs

my view is simple , if you dont think RG3 is the franchise guy then so be it . the next step is to cut ties with him but please stop telling me you support him when the terms you use clearly say no you dont

i think we are making a mistake by not playing him. we have the opportunity to get him those all to valuable "pocket passer" snaps and "reading defense snaps "

the truth is and it doesnt take a blogger to figure it out is look at was said , go back and look at the game films and tell me that what the blogger said is way off base as far as what plays are run and what formations both qbs get the majority of the time

maybe this is what Rg3 has been saying , yet you all bash him and say run the play anyway but you all will trust every blog known to man and take it as gospel that RG3 did this and he is afraid of that and every other CSI theory out there if it supports your stance

Skinsdad... thing is, you do the exact opposite. You until recently would defend him until blue in the face. Now its all about they call different plays for Cousins than they do Griffin. And when its brought up that there might be a valid and sound reason for that, its ignored by many as Mike Shanahan just being spiteful or an egomaniac. A year ago many were worried that we might lose Kyle Shanahan to a head coaching job, now all of a sudden he is a bone headed moron who doesnt know how to call plays and clearly favors Cousins over Griffin. As far as criticism over Griffins personality, yes when you throw out complaints and start throwing the coaching staff under the bus, people will start to think he has an attitude problem. For a while he was coming off as if he thought it was all about him, hence the RGMe references. Yes they called a different game for Cousins, and he looked good doing it. But rational minds would ask, did they do this because they wanted to make Cousins look better, or is it a product of the coach running what he felt his QB was best capable of doing. And if thats the case, why would he NOT think Griffin could run those same plays? reality check.. .Kirk Cousins does not have the star power of RG3, thus Dan Snyder wont let a coach start Cousins next season. We all know this. Dan likes his toys, he likes the press that comes with his toys. RG3 is here to stay for the forseeable future.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everything a conspiracy? This is what upsets me about these bloggers. They hear a rumor, usually from each other, and run with it. Then we read it and assume its that latest "leak". Shanahan called a different game for Cousins because Cousins is a different QB. I don't understand what's so difficult about that concept that have people pulling their hair out with conspiracy talk. Cousins does better in some things and RG3 is better at others. So you develop a game plan that has a focus on putting each player in their best position to succeed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... thats the closest we have come to agreeing on this whole QB thing I think. IN the end, since Shanahan likely will get fired, I just wonder who the new HC is actually going to be. I will say it now though, dont be shocked if its Raheem Morris. He is already in house, meets the Rooney rule, and is an Allen guy. Also would not ask for personnel control, and wouldnt have the chops to go against Dan and Allen on FA or draft moves. So Morris, or some one like him is exactly what I expect at this juncture.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who the coach will be but I'm 100% sure that he will be someone that understands that RG3 is the QB. And to ensure that he understands that, I expect Cousins will be traded this off season assuming we can get a 2nd at a minimum.

BTW, I hope its not Raheem. But your logic is sound.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... thats the closest we have come to agreeing on this whole QB thing I think. IN the end, since Shanahan likely will get fired, I just wonder who the new HC is actually going to be. I will say it now though, dont be shocked if its Raheem Morris. He is already in house, meets the Rooney rule, and is an Allen guy. Also would not ask for personnel control, and wouldnt have the chops to go against Dan and Allen on FA or draft moves. So Morris, or some one like him is exactly what I expect at this juncture.

One more thing.....I actually think we are very aligned on the QB thing. We diverge when it comes to the expectations of RG3 this year. It appears you were expecting a more finished product. I knew, given the injury, that it could have been a rough road. I didn't think it would be this rough. I also am more positive on his future. You appear to be more reserved.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who the coach will be but I'm 100% sure that he will be someone that understands that RG3 is the QB. And to ensure that he understands that, I expect Cousins will be traded this off season assuming we can get a 2nd at a minimum.

BTW, I hope its not Raheem. But your logic is sound.

And here is where i disagree seriously. When you hand a guy the job, and offer no possible way that he can lose it, what motivates him to actually raise his game?? Trading Cousins to placate Griffin sends the wrong message to the player and the team. I thought we were finally getting away from that. And i will be highly disappointed if we do infact trade Cousins at this point.