• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the coaching staff is to blame for this

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know the team does have a couple of 1st rounders who turned out ok Rak and kerrigan seem to be good picks

williams seems to be one too

Two of the three were picked by Shanahan.

# Im just saying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the three were picked by Shanahan.

# Im just saying.

well wait snyder selectively arm twists now ? i mean snyder meddles in everything right ? and the narrative is shanahan was forced into drafting RG3 right ? and i didnt list him as a good pick but now he didnt meddle with kerrigan or williams

and who drafted Rak is of no consequence because you asked if we would do the right thing with a number one and snyder is the constant

so doesnt that mean we could do well with a number one pick ? not saying we will but isnt the possibilty there that we could still get it right ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well wait snyder selectively arm twists now ? i mean snyder meddles in everything right ? and the narrative is shanahan was forced into drafting RG3 right ? and i didnt list him as a good pick but now he didnt meddle with kerrigan or williams

and who drafted Rak is of no consequence because you asked if we would do the right thing with a number one and snyder is the constant

so doesnt that mean we could do well with a number one pick ? not saying we will but isnt the possibilty there that we could still get it right ?

Nope. As I mentioned earlier. If Snyder is involved, he will go for the headliner as is his want. I dont expect him to hire a GM, and I do expect him to go back to his old ways with cap space to burn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. As I mentioned earlier. If Snyder is involved, he will go for the headliner as is his want. I dont expect him to hire a GM, and I do expect him to go back to his old ways with cap space to burn.

well he has been involved according to many . and we do have a gm in waiting with smith as the" consultant "
i mean shark you could very well be right but lets see it play out before we jump off the bridge

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are extremely optimistic! I think Cousins is going for a 2nd at best. Teams with extra picks may offer 2nd, 5th.
Not to say he isn't worth a 1st but cleveland won't do it. Also the Raiders will need their 1st rounder on a new punter.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case, we are where we are and wins or losses at this point are not our main focus. We just need to complete the season and end this mess. Now Shanahan wants to return? The OC wants to move on? We still have two of the worst coaches on our staff in Haslett in Burns?

It is time to clean this mess up. You cannot move forward with Shanahan at this point. The guy has lied multiple times to cover himself and the latest has his Son saying I had no input into the change at QB. Obviously Kyle felt undermined or he wouldn't have made this public and now says he wants out. This situation has become an albatross at this point and unfortunately Mike has forced the change that is coming. To give him complete control of ALL personnel decisions would be ridiculous. We need a real GM who can and will handle those duties. Let the coaches coach and do what they do best. I am all for hiring Lovie Smith or Jay Gruden now.

There is a difference between lying to save your ass and lying in a political way to be manipulative. There are many instances were Shanahan has been put in a "catch 22" situation were he has had to make certain choices on the fly that might be a gamble ala playing RG3 against Seattle and praying he doesn't blow out his knee. Any good coach is not going to tell the media the truth about the inner workings of his football team. Duh..He's not going to come out and say Dan Snyder has meddled in a lot of decision making and put pressure on me to make certain decisions. Also the QB is a premadona and doesn't take critisism or critiquing well. He's not going to tell you that he has to run the QB if he want's to win because he hasn't been smart enough or hasn't cared enough to mentally know where to go or what to do with the football.

The funny thing is the media refuses to take anything Shannahan says at face value but wants to hold him accountable for everything that has caused caos within the organization. If you connect the dots its pretty clear to me that there is a lot of information the public is not privy to. If Snyder was interfering with Griffin then why wouldn't Shannahan leak a story to protect his ass. They pinched him into a corner. WTF is he supposed to do at that point. That was his last political move to try and regain control. If he can't regain control I damn sure know the next coaching staff wont have the control they need.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between lying to save your ass and lying in a political way to be manipulative. There are many instances were Shanahan has been put in a "catch 22" situation were he has had to make certain choices on the fly that might be a gamble ala playing RG3 against Seattle and praying he doesn't blow out his knee. Any good coach is not going to tell the media the truth about the inner workings of his football team. Duh..He's not going to come out and say Dan Snyder has meddled in a lot of decision making and put pressure on me to make certain decisions. Also the QB is a premadona and doesn't take critisism or critiquing well. He's not going to tell you that he has to run the QB if he want's to win because he hasn't been smart enough or hasn't cared enough to mentally know where to go or what to do with the football.

The funny thing is the media refuses to take anything Shannahan says at face value but wants to hold him accountable for everything that has caused caos within the organization. If you connect the dots its pretty clear to me that there is a lot of information the public is not privy to. If Snyder was interfering with Griffin then why wouldn't Shannahan leak a story to protect his ass. They pinched him into a corner. WTF is he supposed to do at that point. That was his last political move to try and regain control. If he can't regain control I damn sure know the next coaching staff wont have the control they need.

Very well stated.:agree:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense but that is complete speculation on your part & you have no way of proving whether things will transpire in this manner. Correct me if I am wrong, but it almost sounds as if you are stating that the Redskins have no choice but to retain Shanahan & let him do things in the exact same manner as at the current time (no matter how wrong they may be). Am I reading this incorrectly?

Some of the things I read here just completely blow me away. I can understand how people are jaded about Snyder (as am I for certain things) & RG3. However - it appears as if some people view this as a complete pass for Shanahan & as if the guy has done nothing wrong during his time here (i.e. nothing is his fault). I almost get the feeling that some folks here would not be too upset if the team had a few more 4-12 type seasons with this guy (since after all it won't be his fault).

I choose to assign blame to many folks including the current terrible coaching staff. Oh well - maybe I am wrong. I am just sick & tired of having to accept another losing season only to satisfy the huge egos of many folks that includes one Mike Shanahan. Again - I care about the Redskins - not any individual player or coach. HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know that Shanahan is a "good liar" & lies for all the right reasons - please. Even if that is correct it ignores the fact that the guy doesn't appear to have any balls. He appears to be a manipulative type of person who won't just exert his rather extensive control that he has with this organization. If he is such a principled guy then why not just bench RG3 (last season & the beginning of this one - not only in the last 3 games) & to hell with the owner (according to recent articles his contract would protect his so he was not at risk of forfeiting his money). Oh well - I guess that I am just blind to the fact that the guy is such a saint.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, I think you are missing the point. I agree with you that shanahan has to go and he did need to "grow some balls", but he isn't the only one at fault here. Every player in this saga has undermined this franchise and contributed to the sorry state we are in. Some more than others, but they are have fault. Since snyder (and by extension, RG3) aren't going anywhere, Shanahan has to go. And given the way he acted, he should be fired. The concern is will a new coach make a difference if those remaining don't change their ways?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but that is complete speculation on your part & you have no way of proving whether things will transpire in this manner. Correct me if I am wrong, but it almost sounds as if you are stating that the Redskins have no choice but to retain Shanahan & let him do things in the exact same manner as at the current time (no matter how wrong they may be). Am I reading this incorrectly?

Some of the things I read here just completely blow me away. I can understand how people are jaded about Snyder (as am I for certain things) & RG3. However - it appears as if some people view this as a complete pass for Shanahan & as if the guy has done nothing wrong during his time here (i.e. nothing is his fault). I almost get the feeling that some folks here would not be too upset if the team had a few more 4-12 type seasons with this guy (since after all it won't be his fault).

I choose to assign blame to many folks including the current terrible coaching staff. Oh well - maybe I am wrong. I am just sick & tired of having to accept another losing season only to satisfy the huge egos of many folks that includes one Mike Shanahan. Again - I care about the Redskins - not any individual player or coach. HTTR

Since this was directed at me, I will answer like this. No I dont give Shanahan a pass, and no I dont think he is without blame in this. But I view him as the lesser of two evils at this point with the Redskins. Snyder has a long and very outspoken track record of having the ability to make things worse just when they should be getting better. Him taking over with alot of cap space and a poor roster is a proven plan for him to go out name shopping and put us right back where we were four years ago. I dont trust Snyder to do this right. And while I think some major changes need to be made, I trust Mike just a little more to bring in the types of young players to fill roster spots and not over spend based on name or how well some one does in a single playoffs game this year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal, I think you are missing the point. I agree with you that shanahan has to go and he did need to "grow some balls", but he isn't the only one at fault here. Every player in this saga has undermined this franchise and contributed to the sorry state we are in. Some more than others, but they are have fault. Since snyder (and by extension, RG3) aren't going anywhere, Shanahan has to go. And given the way he acted, he should be fired. The concern is will a new coach make a difference if those remaining don't change their ways?

I agree 100% & have stated as much. I also have to add that we really don't know how Snyder will react if/when Shanahan is gone. I still believe that there is a good chance he will not revert to his old ways since a.) he knows he is being watched closely & more bad moves could hurt him in the wallet & b.) he truly wants to have a winner & realizes that too much meddling on his part will prevent this (in this way he is much different than Jerry Jones).

Oh well - only time will tell.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, do you really think that Shanahan can come back for his final year after all that has occurred? And do you really want him to?

Even if I thought he was a victim of circumstances, I don't see how he can come back and succeed. The poison is in the well, at this point. More importantly, if he can't succeed and last past next year, I don't want him touching any of our cap space or draft picks this offseason. Its a real possibility that our next coach has a different offensive scheme based on more traditional power blocking. The last thing we need is Shanahan using our cap space and draft picks to further stock our team with under sized linemen that will be ineffective in any other scheme but zone blocking. I also don't want him picking up players that are 3-4 LBs if we aren't staying with the 3-4. In short, if he has no chance to last past next year, which I believe there is no way he does, give him his walking papers now. We finally have some money to spend, lets not allow it to be wasted on players that aren't part of any future scheme and we have to jettison in two years and eat some contracts.

I'm not making a judgement call on shanahan necessarily, just looking at the situation realistically.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this was directed at me, I will answer like this. No I dont give Shanahan a pass, and no I dont think he is without blame in this. But I view him as the lesser of two evils at this point with the Redskins. Snyder has a long and very outspoken track record of having the ability to make things worse just when they should be getting better. Him taking over with alot of cap space and a poor roster is a proven plan for him to go out name shopping and put us right back where we were four years ago. I dont trust Snyder to do this right. And while I think some major changes need to be made, I trust Mike just a little more to bring in the types of young players to fill roster spots and not over spend based on name or how well some one does in a single playoffs game this year.

Fair enough & - believe it or not this is not simply directed at you - lol. I see this somewhat differently (see my post above) - agree to disagree. I am just getting exhausted by all of this & want someone (anyone) to turn this around. Again - my biggest issue with Shanahan returning is that it will also include the return of some of the worst asst coaches in the history of the NFL (perhaps it would not although I doubt Shanahan will return at this pt).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% & have stated as much. I also have to add that we really don't know how Snyder will react if/when Shanahan is gone. I still believe that there is a good chance he will not revert to his old ways since a.) he knows he is being watched closely & more bad moves could hurt him in the wallet & b.) he truly wants to have a winner & realizes that too much meddling on his part will prevent this (in this way he is much different than Jerry Jones).

Oh well - only time will tell.

We don't know how Snyder will act, but if history is any indicator, he can take an educated guess. Contrary to some reports, I never believed Snyder stepped all the way back. I'm sure there are kernels of truth in the reports that he had had a "special" relationship with RG3 that might have empowered the QB to undermine the Shanahans'. We saw a side of RG3 this year that we've never seen before. He didn't always take ownership for his play, which came across as throwing some of his teammates and coaches under the bus. They were never outright slights, but little backhanded comments. Or he used his Dad to make outright comments. Shanahan should have dealt with them immediately, but he didn't, which is out of character for him. So something, or someone, was influencing his response to a troubling situation that grew caustic. I have to believe that was Snyder.

So while snyder may have stepped back from meddling in the daily operations of the team, he still is meddling. Now one has to wonder how much input did he have into the RG3 trade? Into the McNabb trade? Into RG3 starting week 1? I still believe he made his desires known, which has to influence any HC. I by no way and absolving Shanahan. As you said, grow some balls. But it still means that Danny is involved and could very well set up a structure with the next Front Office that once again allows him to influence tactical direction.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The staff needs to go....It is really that simple......

Hasslett....He is terrible...our defense is weak, and has been weak the entire time he has been here.....Defense was always a strength of the Skins...Not anymore....We have been firmly planted in the bottom 10 of defenses since he and Mike took over!!!!

Specail teams Coach....>We have seen it ourselves...We have the WORST ST in the NFL...HISTORICALLY BAD!!!! Who hired him....Oh yeah....Mike

Mike has to go...Weather you believe some or all of what has been written, it is aparent, that things have gotten so bad...there is no way he can come back and be the coach of this team....I know there are those that say RGIII isnt a franchise QB......I understand your belief in that...However I will say...there are many that do believe he is.....(I am 1 of those).....He carried a team on his back last year and that to me says franchise QB....He and Mike wont be able to kiss and make up....1 will have to go, and it wont be the player in this instance.....

I have seen...people are worried what Snyder will do...and rightfully so.....I am too...how can you not be based on his record....but I am willing to see if he has learned....the guy didnt make millions by being stupid did he??? He is the owner of the team and weather we like it or not...that wont change, and he can do as he wants in regards to the team..I do believe he loves the Skins...wants a winner, and he did sit back and stay out of things (if he hadnt, it would have come out before this year, and Mike with his iron clad contract would have been thumping the podium with it a LONG time ago......_ I do believe he did as he said......he stayed back and let the football people do there thing, and am hopeful he does it again!!!

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Shannahans offensive scheme, his leacdership and his eye for talent. I understand he can be difficult to get along with because he demands perfection, but I personally feel like that is a good thing. I give him a pass because he has been in salary cap hell for the last 4 years. If he got to comlete his contract and get key free agents and still fielded a losing ball club I would be off the Shanahan bandwagon. But how can you fairly evaluate a guy that has had to work with sub par talent due to salary cap problems? He is trying to fix the franchise the right way. Its just like the economy, everybody wants a quick fix. Give him a full cap then judge him.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see how well the having balls approach worked for Schottenheimer. Shanahan I believe is trying to be tactful, carful and political, tiptoeing through a mess.